4th test Australia v India at the Gabba 1030 AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

They dont need to win though. Honestly i think pant will get out then they shut up shop..pujara will be a wall..draw the likely result for mine.

The World Test Championship though, don’t know what it means for India but if Australia lose they must beat SA, this is a draw then a drawn series in SA is enough to make the final.

Mate f***en let it go.

take him out of the team and there's a chance they've already lost the series and they're playing for pride right now. Yes, very very occasionally a VVS Laxman might play an attacking innings where his team loses but it sticks in the mind.

far more often - Mike Atherton, faf du Plessis, Pujara himself, even Usman Khawaja in the UAE - a player will absorb everything the opposition throws at him, helps his side to a meaningful position and result and it is remembered. There's a very busy Big Bash forum if that tickles your fancy.
you are only looking at a loss or a draw with Pujara. you need to let go of being an oldie.

The winviz was 60, 24, 16 but Junior thought Australia higher around 35 and less chance of draw or India win

It’s under 4 an over, Pant has a swing as Cummins won’t bowl in the first hour. They might have to bring back Starc. If Pant gives you shut up shop unless it’s under 50 by then.
Surely Paine would bowl Cummins and Hazelwood to either get wicket which will slow down the run rate required or slow down the run rate straight up for 12 overs and than use Starc and Lyon for 10 to give Cummins and Hazelwood a rest and then use the new ball for a final ditch when the run rate required is highest.

I would just bowl Cummins and Hazlewood through the last session.

New ball halfway through last session. They will need a bit of a break. Might give Green a spell

Series going right down to the last session, yet some reckon it's been poor :rolleyes:

No - some think the quality of the cricket has been poor - which it has been at times - particularly Australia's last two day 5 bowling efforts

Surely Paine would bowl Cummins and Hazelwood to either get wicket which will slow down the run rate required or slow down the run rate straight up for 12 overs and than use Starc and Lyon for 10 to give Cummins and Hazelwood a rest and then use the new ball for a final ditch when the run rate required is highest.

New ball is due in 17 then they’d get 20 overs with it.

Cummins and Haze might bowl a couple straight up but 70-80 will be Lyon and Starc likely

(Log in to remove this ad.)

because his mind is always looking for wickets. not like the current bunch

No because he is full of s**t and doesn't have to cop the criticism when it backfires.

Warne won't admit he was wrong in wanting to set them under 250 and nobody will call him on it its just pointless postering from him so he can sound ultra aggressive while risking nothing, ponting does the same and he was as timid as you could get with his declarations.

Does not swing it enough for me to have him up there in all time talk, imo. But his consistency of length and line is incredible in itself.
No one ever has had this consistency. He has not bowled one ball down the leg side all series. The furthest he has gone is the occasional stray onto the pads.

Here are the stats of the 6 bowlers who I'd consider the best ever + Cummins
Cummins: Ave:21.47 (3rd)/Eco:2.74 (5th)/SR:47.0 (3rd)=Ave Rank: 3.67
McGrath: Ave:21.64 (4th)/Eco:2.49 (2nd)/SR:51.9 (4th)=Ave Rank: 3.33
Lillee: Ave:23.92 (7th)/Eco:2.75 (6th)/SR:52.0 (5th)=Ave Rank: 6.00
Steyn: Ave:22.95 (6th)/Eco:3.24 (7th)/SR:42.3 (1st)=Ave Rank: 4.67
Akram: Ave:23.62 (5th)/Eco:2.59 (3rd)/SR:54.6 (7th)=Ave Rank: 5.00
Marshall: Ave:20.94 (1st)/Eco:2.68 (4th)/SR:46.7 (2nd)=Ave Rank:2.33
Ambrose: Ave:20.99 (2nd)/Eco:2.30 (1st)/SR:54.5 (6th)=Ave Rank:3.00

Cummins ranks 4th but he has more going against him compared to everyone ranked above him. Today's era is a better batting era as well as a much more attacking one. The pitches have offered him nothing this series yet he has an average of under 20 against one of the worlds best teams and best batting lineup IMO. Not to mention he is probably the 2nd best batsmen and the best fielder of the bunch.

New ball is due in 17 then they’d get 20 overs with it.

Cummins and Haze might bowl a couple straight up but 70-80 will be Lyon and Starc likely
So, you don't need to take it and the new ball will make scoring easier. I'll take it after 22 overs after Cummins and Hazelwood have rested.

you are only looking at a loss or a draw with Pujara. you need to let go of being an oldie.

The world's best T20 batsman is nearly 4 years older than me so i don't know why you're so obsessed with age.

It really does make it all the more remarkable if he sucks that much life out of a team's chances of victory that he was man of the series in a win last time India was here then doesn't it.

2004 was the last time it went to the final session when both teams could win the series
An yet apparently we have to save 5 day test cricket desperately instead of considering 4. Even though this is rarer than a blue moon

The draw is out of the equation I feel.

It's either an Australia or India win.

Yeah nah, as soon as 1 wicket falls india stop batting and a draw is guaranteed.

Indias attacking intent is the only thing keeping a result in play.
That intent will evaporate and a draw will result after the next wicket or perhaps two max.

The pitch is fine and the aussie bowlers are ordinary = draw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back