Review 8 - Mitchell Lewis (2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt they thought no one would be interested. Judging by the Facebook comments on this same article they posted, basically every second comment is asking how long. Seems a lot of people want to know.
Joe! He used sarcastica and everything!

I agree it’s a very unusual thing to do. Although so typical of the HFC, always keeping us guessing!

Marketing. And strategic awareness. Shaping the battlefield.

Not only are we talking about Mitchell Lewis and his contract, but so are all the footy circles because we're all gossips. So now, no matter how professional people are, every opposition team has Hodgey front of mind when trying to figure out what we'll be doing with Patton and TOB. We're in their fracking heads, distracting them from the bigger threat at Hawthorn.

Because the fact is that no matter how good Lewis and TOB were at the end of last year, Patton is a full-bodied, fire-tested AFL and genuine Coleman threat. He should explode in the forward line from the moment dot. But everyone will be trying during the offseason to figure what sort of crafty Lewis/TOB/easing-Patton-into-it plan we will have. I reckon there will be no such thing. Patton will be trying to go full boss at FF from the first bounce and Lewis and TOB will be spring from pockets to the HF line, running patterns like the young, crazy, energy-filled lads they are causing defensive scheme chaos. Are the Hawks going to bomb it in? Are they going to spear a pass? Who TF knows because the Hawks can do either equally well from this moment forward.

I am so stoked about next season's forward line and the return of Mitchell that I can hardly sleep now and it's still October.

Hawk Talk Podcast twitter made the comment that Mitch was already contact until the end of 2020 and being a 'multi-year extension,' that would put it until the end of 2022 at a minimum.

If Patton is right to go we will have a very good forward line in 2020. We need a genuine small threat again. Either Breust, Wingard need to be really dangerous.

Marketing. And strategic awareness. Shaping the battlefield.

Not only are we talking about Mitchell Lewis and his contract, but so are all the footy circles because we're all gossips. So now, no matter how professional people are, every opposition team has Hodgey front of mind when trying to figure out what we'll be doing with Patton and TOB. We're in their fracking heads, distracting them from the bigger threat at Hawthorn.

Because the fact is that no matter how good Lewis and TOB were at the end of last year, Patton is a full-bodied, fire-tested AFL and genuine Coleman threat. He should explode in the forward line from the moment dot. But everyone will be trying during the offseason to figure what sort of crafty Lewis/TOB/easing-Patton-into-it plan we will have. I reckon there will be no such thing. Patton will be trying to go full boss at FF from the first bounce and Lewis and TOB will be spring from pockets to the HF line, running patterns like the young, crazy, energy-filled lads they are causing defensive scheme chaos. Are the Hawks going to bomb it in? Are they going to spear a pass? Who TF knows because the Hawks can do either equally well from this moment forward.

I am so stoked about next season's forward line and the return of Mitchell that I can hardly sleep now and it's still October.

Wow, you’ve really put a lot of thought into this Carl. Good luck getting through the off-season!!

I doubt they thought no one would be interested. Judging by the Facebook comments on this same article they posted, basically every second comment is asking how long. Seems a lot of people want to know.
Orange font = sarcasm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back