Player Watch #9: Trent Cotchin is an obscenely good 3 x Premiership Captain, Victorian Captain & Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Great to have him back, his attack on the ball is 2nd to none and he is massively important to our midfield.

I think he plays against the Lions next week given we have a 6 day break, the following game against Port is probably the one he will miss with a 4 day break before the trip to Adelaide.
Only played 65% of game time tonight (of an already shortened format) too, I think you're right about the Lions

His attack on the ball was ferocious but he lacked a step IMO and I even thought he looked a bit thick around the middle compared to his usual self. Wouldn't be surprised if he's carrying an extra 2-3 kilos than he was before the injury. All understandable given the circumstances.

His attack on the ball was ferocious but he lacked a step IMO and I even thought he looked a bit thick around the middle compared to his usual self. Wouldn't be surprised if he's carrying an extra 2-3 kilos than he was before the injury. All understandable given the circumstances.
Who hasn’t put on a few kg’s when on the Gold Coast with the footy team ?

Disappointing to see that his wife is the focus of the protocol breach at the hub having gone to a beauty salon then returning to the hub. Should pay any fine out if their pockets.

This campaigner is an absolute menace out there when the balls in dispute 😳😳

hes a human missile on the footy field

you see the ball in dispute with 6 or 7 guys around it and then some campaigner just streams into the picture with his arm tucked in trying to absolutely lay someone out

you see the ball in dispute with 6 or 7 guys around it and then some campaigner just streams into the picture with his arm tucked in trying to absolutely lay someone out
*Dylan Shiel likes this*

8ae.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointing to see that his wife is the focus of the protocol breach at the hub having gone to a beauty salon then returning to the hub. Should pay any fine out if their pockets.
It was Cotch’s wife was it? Man was really hoping it wasn’t.

I love the Cotchin’s but you’re right they should pay the fine.

On a brighter note good to see the skip back out there. Still a bit rusty but hopefully he gets his touch back sooner rather than later, still had a good game though. He’s had a good year for the most part.

Last edited:
Yeah not sure why she would do that. Pretty dumb.

Gonna cost the club $50k.
Stevo reported on 7 that fines are going to be at the minor end of the scale if they are issued and that it may just end up being a stern warning that they're on egg shells

Stevo reported on 7 that fines are going to be at the minor end of the scale if they are issued and that it may just end up being a stern warning that they're on egg shells
Honestly not sure how I feel about that. I just know if it were the wife of another club’s skipper I probably would be reacting worse than I am now. I know she’s not the only one under investigation but she (and any others that break covid restrictions) could have put the whole competition in jeopardy and as the wife of a clubs captain she probably should have known better.

I don’t want to seem like I’m having a go at anyone though, she made a mistake, it happens, hopefully it doesn’t happen again.

Honestly not sure how I feel about that. I just know if it were the wife of another club’s skipper I probably would be reacting worse than I am now. I know she’s not the only one under investigation but she (and any others that break covid restrictions) could have put the whole competition in jeopardy and as the wife of a clubs captain she probably should have known better.

I don’t want to seem like I’m having a go at anyone though, she made a mistake, it happens, hopefully it doesn’t happen again.
They should send her home tbh. Glad they aren’t because we are now in form and ready to rumble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back