Who won this trade?

• Essendon

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Carlton

Votes: 18 64.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes it is. 86% of players earn less than $600,000

It's massive money in AFL. Just for perspective, 46% of players make less than $300,000. Nearly a third of players are on under $200,001.

The news is very top heavy on stories. Don't let it convince you that AFL players are all making big money because most evidently aren't.

650k probably puts him behind Paddy Cripps, Charlie Curnow, Mitch McGovern :drunk:, Zac Williams and Jack Martin..

Probably on the same level as Weitering and Walsh when he is extended.

650k probably puts him behind Paddy Cripps, Charlie Curnow, Mitch McGovern :drunk:, Zac Williams and Jack Martin..

40% of the cap on 8 players?

Seems high.

40% of the cap on 8 players?

Seems high.

I would reckon this is probably not that unusual that the top 10 would take up such a large %.. We also have jack Martin &Mitch McGovern on big front loaded contracts which will ease, which should allow us to sign all our key kids and extend Cripps.

What's Gov supposed to be on?

Just because Saad is a known commodity, it doesnt increase his value by 300%.

Saad is a 26 year old handy half back flanker, who has never played a final and is now asking to be traded to his 3rd club.

Pick 8 or anything close to it is completely ridiculous.

Good luck to Essendon, they clearly again have the entire AFL media totally bluffed. Carlton only have themselves to blame if they also fall for it.

Edit: he has played in one final.

Playing one final doesn’t mean anything to the rest of your post.

Hey I think it’s a bit silly too but Carlton are the ones who have offered 600-650k on a 5year deal here, so obviously they rate him pretty highly.

if they don’t like it then split the pick and trade it for Saad and if that doesn’t work for us then Saad can easily get to them in the ND.

It’s pretty simple really.

By averages a club has 5.69 players earning above $600,000.

Clubs getting frustrated with Carlton holding things up.
I wouldn't have thought so. I'm pretty sure Dodoro himself is holding up trade week.

Considering he wants;
Saad for pick 8
Orazio for a future 1st
Caldwell for a future 2nd
Dunkley for pick 6, 7 or 8

I think its fairly obvious he is holding things up by not being reasonable in negotiations. It's not our worry though we got until the last day to get Saad done, i bet he's starting to feel the pressure now.

By averages a club has 5.69 players earning above $600,000.
Yeah that is probably about right and with Carlton having such a young list not surprising we have a few more and ones that are on front loaded deals to ensure that cash is available for us to pay Walsh, Weitering and McKay when they come out of contract in the next year or so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't have thought so. I'm pretty sure Dodoro himself is holding up trade week.

Considering he wants;
Saad for pick 8
Orazio for a future 1st
Caldwell for a future 2nd
Dunkley for pick 6, 7 or 8

I think its fairly obvious he is holding things up by not being reasonable in negotiations. It's not our worry though we got until the last day to get Saad done, i bet he's starting to feel the pressure now.

It’s 11am and he’s already done one trade for the day. Not enough to satisfy these clowns.

Rent-free, I tell ya

Our most recent offer is pick 8 + future 3rd for Saad + future 2nd.

More than fair.
I think it's fair enough. I'm guessing the holdup is probably being wary of trading out our future 2nd (as it prevents the future first going out).
Though If I was doing the trades, I'd just ship Fantasia for 29 and do 8 for 29+Saad.

I think it's fair enough. I'm guessing the holdup is probably being wary of trading out our future 2nd (as it prevents the future first going out).
Though If I was doing the trades, I'd just ship Fantasia for 29 and do 8 for 29+Saad.

If youve already traded your future 4th youre already prevented from trading your future 1st.

If youve already traded your future 4th youre already prevented from trading your future 1st.
Ahhhh, for some reason I thought only future 2nds/3rds counted. There you go then.
I guess if a trade did end up getting put together for Dunkley it'd be alot easier to get the Dogs to throw in their future 4th than future 2nd.

Is there actually confirmation from Carlton that's the deal on the table, or is it just more made up nonsense from Edmund and his ilk?

Back