Traded Adam Saad [traded to Carlton with #48 and #78 for #8 and #87]

Who won this trade?

• Essendon

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Carlton

Votes: 18 64.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh right, the arbiter of value is here. I disagree.

The offer is 8 and future 3rd for Saad and future 2nd.

You guys have gone all negative in predicting us to rise to top 6 and you guys to fall to bottom 6 in assessing those picks.

What if we have injuries and fall again? Curnow in trouble again already. What if the offseason galvanises Essendon?

not sure you can accurately predict that or even both really trying.

I think this specific deal will come down to semantics and the main reason being we possibly need the future 2nd for Caldwell.

Deal will still likely get done imo.

Saad clearly doesn't want to stay and dodo wouldn't to make the same mistake he did with Daniher.

I would say no, not that it is an unfair trade.. its basically pick 8 on its own, because out pick 30 is probably similar to what your future 2nd ends up.. However it would mean our first pick in the draft is pick 51, so unless we can get something earlier i wouldnt be giving up this years 2nd.
There is no way we make top 2/4 next year ha

But thanks for the optimistic look

Saad can't be furious, he and his management put the PSD out there as an option and that he wouldn't do medicals elsewhere.....
If what was reported is true and that a deal was agreed with Carlton backing out this morning, then I think he's definitely going to be furious.

The PSD is no guarantee.

Seeing Essendon and Carlton both lose would be entertaining.

This is going to the PSD isn't it? Saad and management will be furious at both parties. Probably end up and North or Hawthorn
I reckon Saad and his management would be being kept up to date by the Blues with all the skullduggery, probably in on the plan.

Stats hey 😂

Check his best and fairest results over the past three years - in a superior team to when he was at the Suns, the ladder positions clearly show that. His consistency and output have come a very long way.

If you think otherwise, you simply haven’t watched him.

He’ll be one of the highest paid players in his position next year for a reason - he’s one of the very best. And it’s not some crazy Carlton offer, Essendon offered him about the same.

Ask yourself... why weren’t multiple clubs offering him $700k for five years back then?
Well for a small running defender they can give reasonable insights no??? That is to say he isn't a midfielder racking up cheap handballs...it is a largely measureable position..and he's largely a similar player, albeit with the development expected of a player you picked up with 48 games on the clock.

I'd certainly value statistics over the randomness of B&F results...was Shiel not in your best ten players this year? Is Lachie Plowman the second best player on our team? What must Luke McDonald at NM be worth??? Imagine a HBF actually winning a B&F, not just third or fourth...sky's the limit.

He'll be well paid because he is absolutely a good player, in the top ten or so for his position, and in a position of need for us.

I reckon Saad and his management would be being kept up to date by the Blues with all the skullduggery, probably in on the plan.
It's possible but it's not exactly a Jack Martin situation. I think the Saad camp would much prefer the certainty of being a Carlton player by tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ole mate Dodo is getting schooled, and it's glorious to watch

It's sad that Essendon clearly keep feeding media info to paint them as the good guys/victims and other teams as the stubborn unreasonable ones.

The headline has changed from Carlton backing out to Essendon thought they had a deal done...so clearly the info is from Essendon's point of view...except we probably never agreed to their proposal.

I’ve got a sub... this is literally the whole article. Anybody want to attempt to explain this? 😂

“Price was fair, clubs agreed after a meeting... oh wait Carlton pulled out til tomorrow night.”

Carlton has backed out at the last minute on an Adam Saad deal with Essendon.

The Herald Sun understands the Bombers and Blues had all but agreed on a deal for the speedy defender last night after a marathon three-hour negotiation.

Saad’s managers Marty Pask and John Meesen from Kapital Sports played a central role in the talks to help break the impasse and the Bombers were also keen to get moving.

To break the deadlock, Essendon list boss Adrian Dodoro was prepared to give Carlton Saad and a third-round pick in return for pick No. 8 and a future fourth-round choice from Carlton.

Kayo is your ticket to the best sport streaming Live & On-Demand. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

Will [PLAYERCARD]Adam Saad[/PLAYERCARD] get to Carlton? Picture: Michael Klein
Will Adam Saad get to Carlton? Picture: Michael Klein

That way, Essendon was happy to receive pick No. 8 but help boost the Blues’ third-round draft position in return.

Sources this morning said the proposal was a fair deal for the gun linebreaker.

But just as talks were set to be finalised with the Blues, Carlton backed out, leaving Saad’s future back up in the air ahead of tomorrow night’s 7.30pm deadline.

He is definitely not worth a late first rounder - he is worth a first rounder somewhere in the low teens which is that Pick 8 ends up being.

Yes you get the 8th best player "available" however the good ones are already eaten up by academies etc - so really you are getting close to the 13th best player that year.

I have no issues if Essendon offered a 3rd rounder to go along with Saad, seeing as though he wants out but he is not worth a cent more than that.

I definitely wouldn't be trading Saad + a second rounder for pick 8. Id let him go to the PSD.
How does 8 end up in the low teens?

It's possible but it's not exactly a Jack Martin situation. I think the Saad camp would much prefer the certainty of being a Carlton player by tomorrow.

Agreed, but I think Saad is happy to go nuclear if a trade isn't arranged.

No club is going to take on a player that publicly trashes them, and I don't know why Essendon would after unloading on Saad either.

It's sad that Essendon clearly keep feeding media info to paint them as the good guys/victims and other teams as the stubborn unreasonable ones.

The headline has changed from Carlton backing out to Essendon thought they had a deal done...so clearly the info is from Essendon's point of view...except we probably never agreed to their proposal.

yes we have the media on an absolute string mate, yes you have nailed it, Essendon is the communist party who own all major media corporations. And they are our mouth piece.

its basically 1945 but we are Goebbels

I’ve got a sub... this is literally the whole article. Anybody want to attempt to explain this? 😂

“Price was fair, clubs agreed after a meeting... oh wait Carlton pulled out til tomorrow night.”

Carlton has backed out at the last minute on an Adam Saad deal with Essendon.

The Herald Sun understands the Bombers and Blues had all but agreed on a deal for the speedy defender last night after a marathon three-hour negotiation.

Saad’s managers Marty Pask and John Meesen from Kapital Sports played a central role in the talks to help break the impasse and the Bombers were also keen to get moving.

To break the deadlock, Essendon list boss Adrian Dodoro was prepared to give Carlton Saad and a third-round pick in return for pick No. 8 and a future fourth-round choice from Carlton.

Kayo is your ticket to the best sport streaming Live & On-Demand. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

Will [PLAYERCARD]Adam Saad[/PLAYERCARD] get to Carlton? Picture: Michael Klein
Will Adam Saad get to Carlton? Picture: Michael Klein

That way, Essendon was happy to receive pick No. 8 but help boost the Blues’ third-round draft position in return.

Sources this morning said the proposal was a fair deal for the gun linebreaker.

But just as talks were set to be finalised with the Blues, Carlton backed out, leaving Saad’s future back up in the air ahead of tomorrow night’s 7.30pm deadline.

wow so much Essendon spin in this...clearly Essendon feeding this to the media.

So Dodo wants a 4th back and won't even give a 3rd straight up with Saad? He's taking the piss.

Yes Essendon thought they had a deal done. Despite many rejections.

And all because they need that second round pick for a trade that has also been rejected many times.

It's almost like there is a pattern...

yes we have the media on an absolute string mate, yes you have nailed it, Essendon is the communist party who own all major media corporations. And they are our mouth piece.

its basically 1945 but we are Goebbels

The article states Dodo wants pick 8 and a 4th rounder for Saad & a 3rd...so he won't even accept Pick 8 for Saad & a third which I think everyone can agree is a good deal for Essendon. But no even for that Dodo wants a 4th rounder back.

He's a tool. There's no way we ever agreed to that but then 'backed out'.

Back