Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt he handled it badly - but how many politicians (of any variety) are going to say "I don't know, and nobody knows".
None that are fully across their brief especially a Shadow Cabinet Minister that has been caught out previously not being across his brief...there's slow learners and then there's Chris Bowen AKA Sergeant Schultz.
unnamed.png

Last edited:
None that are fully across their brief especially a Shadow Cabinet Minister that has been caught out previously not being across his brief...there's slow learners and then there's Chris Bowen AKA Sergeant Schultz.
View attachment 1293640

Yeah... it's a real bitch being on 7:30. You can't just walk out of the press conference when the media asks you a question you don't like, or don't know the answer to, which is Bozo's SOP:

Fair question. You only get the removal process underway if congress are instructed by the president to do so - and it can be appealed, and since the Democrats currently hold power and despite the mounting evidence, refuse to act to remove him

but you missed a step in between your analogy above

There’s no evidence that Fauci lied to Congress, as Paul asserted in the July 20 hearing, given that the NIH unequivocally backs up Fauci’s statement that the grant-backed research “was judged by qualified staff up and down the chain as not being gain-of-function.”

Thats an old factcheck - the letter from the director of the NIH dated 20 October 2021 changes the ballpark there. Its what is called new information - it is covered below

edit - deputy director

Last edited:
Yeah... it's a real b*tch being on 7:30. You can't just walk out of the press conference when the media asks you a question you don't like, or don't know the answer to, which is Bozo's SOP:

The unabridged version What a plonker Bowen truly is....This bloke shouldn't be anywhere a ministry. He's a dead set walking talking disaster.

Fair question. You only get the removal process underway if congress are instructed by the president to do so - and it can be appealed, and since the Democrats currently hold power and despite the mounting evidence, refuse to act to remove him

but you missed a step in between your analogy above

I'm pretty sure Faucci agreed they did that in the youtube you posted a while back. He also said it had nothing to do with the Covid pandemic. So...?

Thats an old factcheck - the letter from the director of the NIH dated 20 October 2021 changes the ballpark there. Its what is called new information - it is covered below

Yep and look even if you search Fauci lied and don't just read the ones that agree with you.

There is one of the responses. There are quiet a few all saying he either didn't or it's down to such a technical level that it's 50/50 at best but even then he's said what he said in full honesty.

I'm pretty sure Faucci agreed they did that in the youtube you posted a while back. He also said it had nothing to do with the Covid pandemic. So...?
not my recollection and nor does it fit with questioning in congress. morphing the bat virus in rodents to make it more effective and transmissible is gain of function. Why repeatedly say your organisation was not involved with gain of function research if it did have a part in it - which the NIH state happened?

not my recollection and nor does it fit with questioning in congress. morphing the bat virus in rodents to make it more effective and transmissible is gain of function. Why repeatedly say your organisation was not involved with gain of function research if it did have a part in it - which the NIH state happened?
Been a while since I watched it, so if he flat out denied it on camera I must not be remembering it correctly. I just seem to remember it was 7 minutes of the same question over and over. By the end of it I wanted to stab whoever invented Youtube.

I'm happy to go with the link Cap put up a few posts ago as the record of reality.

Yep and look even if you search Fauci lied and don't just read the ones that agree with you.

There is one of the responses. There are quiet a few all saying he either didn't or it's down to such a technical level that it's 50/50 at best but even then he's said what he said in full honesty.
but I don't need to read anything other than the NIH's deputy director's own statement that directly contradicts Fauci - his own NIH. you can cage it anyway you like but grant funding was used and gain of function results occurred. It seems that the NIH were aware in 2018, then in 2020 and again in 2021 - if this is so, why would Fauci not declare it happened and be transparent about it

Been a while since I watched it, so if he flat out denied it on camera I must not be remembering it correctly. I just seem to remember it was 7 minutes of the same question over and over. By the end of it I wanted to stab whoever invented Youtube.

I'm happy to go with the link Cap put up a few posts ago as the record of reality.
I'm not - I'll rely on the NIH deputy director's own comments

why also did the NIH need to be sued to have to release documents that were requested under the freedom of information act. If you have nothing to hide, whats the problem

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but I don't need to read anything other than the NIH's deputy director's own statement that directly contradicts Fauci - his own NIH. you can cage it anyway you like but grant funding was used and gain of function results occurred. It seems that the NIH were aware in 2018, then in 2020 and again in 2021 - if this is so, why would Fauci not declare it happened and be transparent about it
You mean you only read comments from people you blindly follow without adding even a tiny bit of your own thought?

You don't need to answer that because your tunnel vision is fairly obvious.

You mean you only read comments from people you blindly follow without adding even a tiny bit of your own thought?

You don't need to answer that because your tunnel vision is fairly obvious.
well since the written statement comes directly from the very institute that ultimately helped fund the research, why wouldn't I?

You just don't like it because it proves my take on it is correct

well since the written statement comes directly from the very institute that ultimately helped fund the research, why wouldn't I?

You just don't like it because it proves my take on it is correct
OK, in your own words

Based on that letter, can you please clearly point out where it states Fauci lied and can you please clearly point out where they say what Fauci said was a lie.

We will wait, but will not hold our breath.

OK, in your own words

Based on that letter, can you please clearly point out where it states Fauci lied and can you please clearly point out where they say what Fauci said was a lie.

We will wait, but will not hold our breath.
Its there in black and white in the 4th paragraph down...didn't need to hold your breath too long eh

1638858471271.png

What is gain of function?

Gain-of-function research is a technique used in virology and genetics to alter the function of a virus, in order to better understand its evolution. However, some claims have been made that engineering a virus is too dangerous to justify this type of research.

but hey, I am guessing no matter what evidence is presented, in your mind you have got things covered eh

Last edited:
Its there in black and white in the 4th paragraph down...didn't need to hold your breath too long eh

View attachment 1293670
Again , in your own words

But still that just says they did an experiment that was an unexpected result, not something they set out to do.

It also points out it wasn't COVID 😉

Also doesn't refer to lying.

Next.

View attachment 1293670

What is gain of function?

Gain-of-function research is a technique used in virology and genetics to alter the function of a virus, in order to better understand its evolution. However, some claims have been made that engineering a virus is too dangerous to justify this type of research.

but hey, I am guessing no matter what evidence is presented, in your mind you have got things covered eh
I'm asking you to prove your statement.

You are yet to do that, I'll happily agree the dude is a liar but so far all you've posted is a bit of a letter that doesn't say what you said it does

The definition of something and a complaint you aren't convincing.

The letter doesn't even comment on gain of function.

Last edited:
I'm asking you to prove your statement.

You are yet to do that, I'll happily agree the dude is a liar but so far all you've posted is a but of a letter that doesn't say what you said it does

The definition of something and a complaint you aren't convincing.

The letter doesn't even comment on gain of function.
no you misunderstand (intentionally I'll wager)...that letter directly contradicts Fauci as grant monies were used rightly or wrongly in the funding of modifying the virus on rodents which is entirely consistent with gain of function research - as defined. If you choose to misinterpret what the deputy director of the NIH admitted in that letter thats on you. Fauci for months has been denying any involvement in gain of function research and there it is in black and white in direct refute of his comments. Heck, its THAT OBVIOUS, even one of the most partisan left wing publications in the US - WAPO has one of its own agreeing Fauci has lied about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back