Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Led by Donkeys - a far left conspiracy theory nutjob wacko on twitter. You posting some great stuff
I get you are a trumpist till you die.

But Boris is cooked. He is better of quitting so the Tories at least have a chance of not embarrassing themselves against Labor

I’m fully aware of who the Led by Donkeys are.

So you don’t think Bojo isn’t in any trouble then?
Certainly was humiliated in parliament & even colleagues in his own party have called for him to resign... so he is under the pump no doubt.

So you don’t think Bojo isn’t in any trouble then?
why do you care - if you really cared about politicians doing the wrong thing, you woudl also be posting the democrats that have flouted lockdown laws, mask policies etc that they themselves mandated for everyone else. So what is it - you care about the principle and in which case I look forward to your posts outing these democrats for doing as bad as what Bojo is accused of doing...or, it is all about side and not principle in which case your post is not worth the time for anyone to bother reading

That stuff about the parties at downing street really wrecked him. The polling is ugly.
One set of rules for the public & another for downing Street was not exactly a good look... & his explanation didn't pass the pub test.

He's f’ed.

Only a die hard Labor fan would want Boris to stay.
Oh he did wrong no doubt (no worse than what a number of democrat politicians also did - but Kirky is silent there) - but they have 5 year terms in the UK and he still has 3 more years to run..my bet is he rides this out and will have to wear it come next election

I get you are a trumpist till you die.

But Boris is cooked. He is better of quitting so the Tories at least have a chance of not embarrassing themselves against Labor
its 3 years till next election over there - that is an eternity in politics and he certainly has no need to call an election before. If his party choose to dump him, thats a different matter but he won't resign

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh he did wrong no doubt (no worse than what a number of democrat politicians also did - but Kirky is silent there) - but they have 5 year terms in the UK and he still has 3 more years to run..my bet is he rides this out and will have to wear it come next election
His problem isn't he has thrown all his allies under the bus already.

He is cooked.

They need a quick change over, hand washing of the issues and then it's plain sailing to another easy election win.

Edit - not sure what it has to do with democrats

Na he's Teresa May cooked.
not sure about that..he was the PM that got the UK Brexit..a party contravening lockdown orders is bad but once the country is out of the covid pandemic and able to move on in the new world, if Brexit does what it says it should, I see this as a cross against his name and no more...unless his party make the call now but do they have the stomach for it..I don't think so

His problem isn't he has thrown all his allies under the bus already.

He is cooked.

They need a quick change over, hand washing of the issues and then it's plain sailing to another easy election win.

Edit - not sure what it has to do with democrats
it has everything to do with them if he is wanting to attack politicians for breaking lockdown rules as Bojo is certainly not the only one to have done it - so is it principle or side.

it has everything to do with them if he is wanting to attack politicians for breaking lockdown rules as Bojo is certainly not the only one to have done it - so is it principle or side.
Yes but he is the PM, literally the guy making the rules.

That doesn't sit with with anyone.

not sure about that..he was the PM that got the UK Brexit..a party contravening lockdown orders is bad but once the country is out of the covid pandemic and able to move on in the new world, if Brexit does what it says it should, I see this as a cross against his name and no more...unless his party make the call now but do they have the stomach for it..I don't think so
Sure, if Brexit was an overwhelming success, which it hasn't been.

There are plenty of others happy to spend years in power which Boris will be aware of

Sure, if Brexit was an overwhelming success, which it hasn't been.

There are plenty of others happy to spend years in power which Boris will be aware of
how can you tell that at this early stage considering it has coincided with Covid which has stuffed the whole world. Lets see where it sits after a few years of post covid.

Yes but he is the PM, literally the guy making the rules.

That doesn't sit with with anyone.
he stuffed up - no denying it. But Biden stuffed up plenty (and that is understating things) - is he being called to stand aside? Look, again, if the party decide he goes, then it will be but I don't think they will pull the switch as they don't have the guts to do it

he stuffed up - no denying it. But Biden stuffed up plenty (and that is understating things) - is he being called to stand aside? Look, again, if the party decide he goes, then it will be but I don't think they will pull the switch as they don't have the guts to do it
I'm not sure the people in the UK care as much about US politics as you.

how can you tell that at this early stage considering it has coincided with Covid which has stuffed the whole world. Lets see where it sits after a few years of post covid.
I'm yet to see any legitimate economic evidence that Brexit was nothing but a net loss for The UK and will be so for a generation.

National Cabinet plan was agreed to by the States.

You know the National Cabinet he runs.

He chairs a committee, he’s not omnipotent. If he was, borders would never have been closed. States have only done what they’ve wanted to, sometimes it aligned, other times they agreed at cabinet and then went there own way anyway.

It's not completely accurate either as around a 1/3 of the hospital admissions are listed as vaccinated status unknown.

Here's the info from the other day.

There are 190 people with COVID-19 in hospital, including 27 people in ICU and six requiring a ventilator. Of the people hospitalised, 108 are fully vaccinated, 18 are either unvaccinated or partially vaccinated, and 64 have an unknown vaccination status.

My guess is that they're comparing the number of confirmed unvaccinated against the total of hospital admissions, by doing that it lumps the unknown status in with vaccinated which manipulates the data.

Whatever they’re doing, it’s vastly different to other states and the stats we’ve been seeing here over the last few weeks.

I'm not sure the people in the UK care as much about US politics as you.
I bet the people in the US care about it.. Why would Kirky bring up Bojo and be silent on the democrats flagrant abuse of their own policies..i mean they are ALL doing the wrong thing so why highlight one and ignore the other?. Principle brings them all up if you want to slag off at them..side shows partisan hackery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back