Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was not referring to you - but Kirky already made such a comment only a few posts earlier

When I said that the long term posters could address the regularity of death wishing, I expected they would either contradict me (none did BTW) or remain silent.

But I guess if one of the most regular death-wishers does it on cue, then even the most obtuse will struggle to deny it.

I wonder what the lefty comrades kirky Vader ADL9798 Bearded Clam 1990crow who have been so keen to lambast Morrison over the RAT testing kits will have to say after this admission from their pin up boy WA Premier Mark McClown?

Come on comrades here's your chance to prove you're not totally blind to the failures of your pim up golden haired boy Mark McClown remembering the massive amount of extra time he's had to make provisions??

It's funny how people pick and choose

I follow SA Labor on twitter and their flip flopping on COVID is actually humorous.

First they were singing the praises of McGowan until they realised how stupid McGowan is looking, then they focused on Marshall and Morrison opening the borders, until someone pointed out so did QLD and Vic

Now they are promoting a the Vic Health ( not NSW 🤣) rapid tests in schools despite spending the last few weeks telling Marshall off for not listening to Spurrier.

It's all populist muck picking who you need to be outraged by

When I said that the long term posters could address the regularity of death wishing, I expected they would either contradict me (none did BTW) or remain silent.

But I guess if one of the most regular death-wishers does it on cue, then even the most obtuse will struggle to deny it.
Nobody is wishing death on anyone - but nor do we lament those who choose to self-nominate for the Darwin Awards.

& how many people are vaccinated v unvaccinated.

That's right, you clearly failed maths & stats.

Your anti-vaxxer slippery facts continues same idiocy.

I agree

According to NSW data only 3.7% of the population in NSW are completely unvaccinated.

While those figures that Slippery posted work out to be that the unvaccinated make up nearly 18% of the deaths.

If you were to judge solely from those numbers, they'd suggest that an unvaccinated person is almost 5 times more likely to die from COVID than those who are vaccinated.

Yet explain why more kids have been in Australian hospitals with Omicron than Delta.

Kids are more prone to catch Omicron than Delta.

You stick to your Slippery facts, I will stick to actual facts.
Isn’t that explained by the same reason that there’s more vaccinated people in hospital than unvaccinated. Due to more vaccinated people in the population.
There’s been far more omicron cases hasn’t there been? So you’d expect more in hospital.

Isn’t that explained by the same reason that there’s more vaccinated people in hospital than unvaccinated. Due to more vaccinated people in the population.
There’s been far more omicron cases hasn’t there been? So you’d expect more in hospital.
imagine if those vaccinated were unvaccinated. imagine what the state would be like then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did I not acknowledge that it wasn’t a good look for McGowan?

You are beyond pathetic with your cheerleading.
Haha you're hilarious.

world of warcraft legion GIF

I wonder what the lefty comrades kirky Vader ADL9798 Bearded Clam 1990crow who have been so keen to lambast Morrison over the RAT testing kits will have to say after this admission from their pin up boy WA Premier Mark McClown?

Come on comrades here's your chance to prove you're not totally blind to the failures of your pim up golden haired boy Mark McClown remembering the massive amount of extra time he's had to make provisions??

Bump

And not entirely unexpected Comrade Vader the number Uno fan of WA's Comrade Mark McClown Premier of the kingdom of WA is silent when his Comrade McClown makes a monumental * up not procuring RAT kits even when he's had a massive massive advantage time wise to make provision for what is the likely to outcome with them now scrambling for supplies. Keen to attack others if they play for the blue team but missing when team red *s up.

Agree... a sensible balance should be found... particularly being able to farewell loved ones.

Fortunately the 4 hour birthing restriction for partners lasted less than a day after rightly being brought to the media's attention as ridiculous.

Honestly, you'd think it impossible for a group of people to arrive at a conclusion like that.

Bump

And not entirely unexpected Comrade Vader the number Uno fan of WA's Comrade Mark McClown Premier of the kingdom of WA is silent when his Comrade McClown makes a monumental fu** up not procuring RAT kits even when he's had a massive massive advantage time wise to make provision for what is the likely to outcome with them now scrambling for supplies. Keen to attack others if they play for the blue team but missing when team red fu**s up.
Probably the same as the fanbois staying silent whenever NSW gets raised.

Let's not beat about the bush - you stay just as silent whenever it's a Lib state

The Age:

Hidden costs: Lockdown toll on mental health put at $13 billion

By Matt Wade January 24, 2022 — 5.00am

The hit to wellbeing in Australia caused by increased mental illness during COVID-19 lockdowns has so far cost more than $13 billion, new modelling shows.
A special edition of the Herald/Age-Lateral Economics Wellbeing Index estimates the pandemic-induced lockdowns of 2020 and 2021 resulted in a 6 percentage point increase in mental illness.

Just over half of the $13.3 billion wellbeing cost attributed to that spike was felt in Victoria due to its multiple lockdowns. Almost a third of that cost was felt in NSW. Schooling standards have also been affected. The report says the latest NAPLAN results show a 0.4 per cent decline in schooling quality in 2021 which was likely due to home learning and other COVID-19 disruptions. As a result school-age children will forgo $1.73 billion in human capital development, a measure of collective abilities and knowhow, the modelling shows. Students from disadvantaged backgrounds are likely to be worst affected.

doubt there's a single state premier that passed that test.

Probably the same as the fanbois staying silent whenever NSW gets raised.

Let's not beat about the bush - you stay just as silent whenever it's a Lib state

All the states screwed up here. They all go to national cabinet where planning decisions are made. Nobody mentioned that RATs might be the way to go when we open up and start cracking 100k cases each day? It's their covid control systems that determines the demand and they obviously all thought PCR testing was going to do the job. It's likely they all believed that it wouldn't spread though a vaccinated population. They were all caught out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back