Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 3 - Lions v Pies Thurs March 28th 7:30pm AEDT (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 34 40.5%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 16.7%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

Are you capable of some half intelligent analysis of the actual game, instead of brain dead whining about the umpires.

It's pretty clear that it was a one sided affair. There's really not much else to say.

You got the rub of the green. I don't think many would disagree with that.

As I said, blood the kids. No more Zorkos & Lesters please and with the injuries we have, it gives us a proper chance to blood them now.

Season is a write off but if the list management is done properly, we can easily bounce back.
Lol chill out. You've got a great side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm picking up the vibe that the lions are your second team, so i will try to assuage you from your concerns.

i'm often a glass half-full supporter. But i struggle to see the 'outside 8 for many years' as written in the stars.

It's always fraught trying to say where sides will be in future years but i'll try, adding 3 years to each player:

Should still be guns: Dunkley, McCluggage, Aschroft, Coleman, Andrews

Too early to call but very early picks and a lot of promise: Ashcroft Junior, Fletcher (that bloke you tried to pinch for us ha)

High potential but yet to reach potential: Bailey, Rayner, Wilmot, Payne (who you tried to pinch from us also)

Solid best 22 players (who might improve): Hipwood, Ah Chee, McKenna

Even assume Zorko, Neale, Daniher, Cameron, McCarthy, Doedee, Gardiner, Lester and others are write offs through age, it's still not a bad list of talent, barring major injuries (no more knees please!) or an exodus.

Cameron and Daniher loom as very hard to replace and i think it looks like this year we can't contend, and 25/26 could be years in which Cameron, Neale, Daniher going downhill means we slip down the ladder. Our forward line in particular could be really hit by Daniher, McCarthy and Cameron being basically the same age.

There is no guarantee we can stay contenders - as in actually capable of winning a flag - but if the list is well-managed from here we shouldn't return to those dark days you allude to.
Rebuild

Pies wanted it more
Although how many games do the Pies get the rub of the green in the last Quarter.

I think they won like 6 games with help from the umps last year.
GWS robbed in finals
Crows twice, Port, Cats and Saints
Just a sec mainly interstate teams screwed over
That is ok.. it is the VFL
Don’t forget the granny. Lions should have won but umps got us over the line.

Even our 80 point win on the Gold Coast was thanks to the men in green

Back