Universal Love All Australian Squad of 40 named

Remove this Banner Ad

I know, that's the one that confirms that it is purely media driven. He is a good young player but not even nearly AA, even if it is just the squad. Someone else (half jokingly) thought it might be about softening people up before they give us a priority pick. When Libba makes that squad and Jones doesn't, there is something pretty shady going on.

As much as I would love that to be true I would expect a couple of big articles on websites about how we have no top end talent and no kids either

SportsFan's All-Australian Team

Finally a Melbourne player gets a guernsey... and it's James Frawley at CHB. * that Harry Taylor bloke. They must do this so idiots like me post links somewhere for click bait.

Finally a Melbourne player gets a guernsey... and it's James Frawley at CHB. **** that Harry Taylor bloke. They must do this so idiots like me post links somewhere for click bait.

To be fair, He was spot on having Chris Dawes at FB and Rohan Bail in the Ruck

To be fair, He was spot on having Chris Dawes at FB and Rohan Bail in the Ruck

I was halfway through writing an abusive comment at the bottom of the article after Rockliff and Lewis somehow kept Max Gawn out of the on-ball brigade but I just can't be bothered anymore.

I was halfway through writing an abusive comment at the bottom of the article after Rockliff and Lewis somehow kept Max Gawn out of the on-ball brigade but I just can't be bothered anymore.

Now that I think about it, How many other CHB's kicked 15 goals for the year? Should be a sneaky brownlow chance

The last guy to kick 10 in a final and also he captained various SOO teams
Did it in 3 quarters then he and Ox who had 16 marks and 3 goals sat and watched the 4th because we were up by 15 goals. :thumbsu: Yeah I'm getting old.

Nah Ward I can understand, he's pretty much elite. Drags that GWS midfield into every game. Ellis though I don't rate that highly - good young footballer but not quite AA material yet.

I know I'm probably bias but I would much prefer Ellis in our side to Jones, better disposal and much younger. Just my 2 cents.

I know I'm probably bias but I would much prefer Ellis in our side to Jones, better disposal and much younger. Just my 2 cents.

The youngness argument means nothing in the context of AA

Also jones has underrated disposal , he is easily in our top 5 users of the footy

Jones should've been in ahead of a couple of players but Geez, Libba led the league in tackles and clearances, two pretty handy midfield stats.

Libba is definently a gun mate and anyone who days jones should be instead of Libba ( including me ) isn't talking him down , we are just frustrated the bloke who has carried this club on his shoulder still hasn't got the league wide recognition he deserves

Eh, hopefully he was close. Looking at the midfielders in the squad, realistically I wouldn't push anyone out to include Jones. People go off stats a bit too much for my liking - a lot of raving about Dustin Martin being fantastic but I've seen some games where he seems to shank every 2nd disposal or pump the ball 55 metres to a 1 on 3, etc. But look at those stats...
Speaking of, Dustin Martin led the AFL in changers this seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally a Melbourne player gets a guernsey... and it's James Frawley at CHB. **** that Harry Taylor bloke. They must do this so idiots like me post links somewhere for click bait.

I like how he gives Frawley the position on the premise that he probably would have had a good year in the backline if he was actually playing there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back