Traded Angus Graham and Pick 50 to Adelaide for Picks 40 and 59

Remove this Banner Ad

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
As a pure backup to Jacobs who can handle a number one ruck role, not many Crows supporters have too many issues with this deal. Will be on the bare minimum salary anyway (2 year deal). Will only play when Sauce doesn't (which hopefully isn't too often!).

What are his strengths and weaknesses Richmond supporters? I believe his tap work is ok, and he can take a grab down forward, but isn't overly mobile?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/149960/default.aspx

i have an issue with the fact that he is crap and there's better ruckman running around in the sanfl.
They may look ok in the SANFL, but it doesn't mean they will make the step up to AFL level. Graham is at least serviceable at AFL level. I have seen him play plenty of times, he is fine if he isn't your number one ruckman. Will only be required for 4-5 games a season at most, unless (heave forbid) Sauce goes down with a major injury.

Not a very exciting trade, but his ruckwork is pretty solid. He is a big bloke too (over 200cm), with a decent vertical leap. Not sure if he will get many games for you guys, but is a reasonable back up ruckman. He'd be one of the rucks that benefit from the no wrestling rule also. He won't give much at all when the ball is on the ground, but he can take a mark and kick the odd goal. I can understand people being upset with this trade because he will probably be just a list clogger, but it could work out alright and having a mature ruck on your list for back up isn't a bad thing.

Decent grab, good set shot, decent tap to advantage when he actually gets his hand to the ball first. He is pretty lumbering though. Gives 100% usually, but he lacks aggression. Needs to go the Jamar route and just start crashing and bashing. Worth a punt - he is better than Currie before anyone heads down that path.

I'll give you an honest assesment of Graham:
Poor overhead, poor physical presence, lacks mongrel and heart, is lumbering and useless at ground level and offers very little around the ground. Said it while he was at the Tigers and will say it now he's gone he has less physical presence than Robin Nahas.

I would have delisted him for nothing, or happily given him and pick 50 for pick 40.

To me we've gotten a free upgrade 10 places, nothing special, but a minor win to the Tigers.

potato.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is painful to watch at VFL level, when he drifts back as a loose man in defence, the amount of times he completely misjudges the flight and doesnt impact the contest is unbelievable. He is a decent set shot and his tapwork ok, but just too soft and slow and to make it.

I'll give you an honest assesment of Graham:
Poor overhead, poor physical presence, lacks mongrel and heart, is lumbering and useless at ground level and offers very little around the ground. Said it while he was at the Tigers and will say it now he's gone he has less physical presence than Robin Nahas.

I would have delisted him for nothing, or happily given him and pick 50 for pick 40.

To me we've gotten a free upgrade 10 places, nothing special, but a minor win to the Tigers.

Pretty much sums it up. He's a poor mark despite what others have been suggesting.

What the hell are we doing? This trade period is looking disasterous for us. Of all the spuds in the AFL we pick up bloody Angus Graham.
Well at least with Gus coming on your list,It moves up Tambling one spot to #43 on your list.:):D

Can ruck.

Can kick a goal on the rare occasion he takes a mark in the F50.

Has absolutely no impact around the ground - lumbers from ruck contest to throw in to ruck contest.

I'm surprised they picked him up... over White even is pretty crazy.

Graham can play #1 poorly/reasonably but I can't imagine him backing Jacobs up or anything else.

For pick 40 the crows are getting robbed...right in front of me.

:oops:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back