Traded Anthony Miles [traded to Gold Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard from you not long ago he rather play VFL than come to GC .
I think you are getting me mixed up with another poster, I was the one that suggested that he would be a good role model for your kids and take the pressure off them and you guys could pick him up for nothing but have mentioned before that he could probably earn more dollars being a full time vfl player for a club thats not aligned to an afl team rather than a rookie spot.

Was 0 interest last year. I would be very surprised if it changes this year with very little exposed form at the top level.
Could be but Pelchen is adamant that there is 2 clubs interested, He has been the best midfielder at the next level so clubs would be well aware of his form doesnt really need to be AFL level clubs pay attention to the lower leagues also. Anyway nice bloke and can play but limited with pace

Could be but Pelchen is adamant that there is 2 clubs interested, He has been the best midfielder at the next level so clubs would be well aware of his form doesnt really need to be AFL level clubs pay attention to the lower leagues also. Anyway nice bloke and can play but limited with pace
FWIW I was well on board with bringing him in last year. Will wait and see at the end of the year I suppose.

I was keen to get him last year and still think he'd be a decent get. He's an upgrade on Kerridge and Graham who are decent athletes but don't win a heap of contested footy. Limited player but excels at the things he does well, namely: contested possessions, and doing all the little 'team' things around the stoppages like shepherding and blocking for players. Would help Cripps a lot.

Also fits our ex-GWS seconds criteria.

I think you are getting me mixed up with another poster, I was the one that suggested that he would be a good role model for your kids and take the pressure off them and you guys could pick him up for nothing but have mentioned before that he could probably earn more dollars being a full time vfl player for a club thats not aligned to an afl team rather than a rookie spot.
If GC want him he won't be on Rookie list , maybe like Deboer or Hartung going into the draft, will be perfect for Carlton.

No one wanted him last year, doubt that's changed. Still hoping someone picks him up though.
Could do a lot worse than picking up Snip as a DFA or token pick #135, at least you know what your gonna get from him.

No one wanted him last year, doubt that's changed. Still hoping someone picks him up though.
Could do a lot worse than picking up Snip as a DFA or token pick #135, at least you know what your gonna get from him.
There is a lot to consider , he won't be happy playing in NEAFL side for GC ,With Florini , Lyons , Swallow , Brodie playing inside mid for GC in AFL , he will either play out of position like HF in AFL or second Tier competition NEAFL as inside mid . Deboer slot in nicely into GWS team because he can play the pressure forward well and can slot into midfield if injuries happen to teammate.

VFL salary cap is $3000. Rookie listed players get 70k I believe.

VFL salary cap is $3000. Rookie listed players get 70k I believe.

Deadset? You wonder how why players bother when they can get between $500-$2000 per week playing local league footy.

Are most VFL players hoping to get onto a list, or just wanting to player 2nd tier footy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deadset? You wonder how why players bother when they can get between $500-$2000 per week playing local league footy.

Are most VFL players hoping to get onto a list, or just wanting to player 2nd tier footy?
Some people want to play highest level possible, others want to get drafted, others want to play for Richmond/Collingwood/Essendon/Geelong etc. And a lot of the VFL listed players are from the VAFA.

It's honestly ridiculous. AFL Vic need to take over all the local leagues.

He was available for free last year and no one wanted him. I don't see what changes this year .
Was 0 interest last year. I would be very surprised if it changes this year with very little exposed form at the top level.
It changes each year though based on what is relatively available, and how clubs lists and needs may have changed in 12 months.

He's been one of the best VFL players this year, and the Tiges were willing to have him for another year. Maybe this year we aren't and he goes elsewhere which I hope he does, we'll get nothing back but the bloke would be best 22 and a good role model on the track at a number of clubs.

It changes each year though based on what is relatively available, and how clubs lists and needs may have changed in 12 months.

He's been one of the best VFL players this year, and the Tiges were willing to have him for another year. Maybe this year we aren't and he goes elsewhere which I hope he does, we'll get nothing back but the bloke would be best 22 and a good role model on the track at a number of clubs.

Another year passing is a bad thing for Miles. He'll be 27 with less exposure at AFL level than in 2017.

Which ever club he goes to i would wish sniper well , He is a fantastic club man and a great influence for the young players to see what it takes
I really hope he gets a go at another club and plays 5-6 years of top level football, Unfortunately at Richmond Lambert,Prestia & Graham are ahead
This Bloke really deserves to be starting 22 and will get the ball 25+ times a game

I wouldn't say that I've followed him as such but as a couple of the Tigers fans have said here, I think he'd be a good role model for a young list like Carlton.
Not only would he also give Cripps some coverage, he would also allow some of the younger guys a chance to play in more attacking roles like wing or half forward.
Guys like Fisher and SPS would be the biggest beneficiaries of him joining Carlton IMHO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back