Australia v South Africa 1st ODI @ Perth Stadium.

Remove this Banner Ad

Higher up. The whole organisation, the reason we have no quality coming through. This has been brewing for a while and it’s a very long way back to the top. No one running the place wants to recognise change is needed so that’s the first step. Will still be a few years before this happens then another decade while new talent, brought up the right way technically, comes through. Most of the guys in the commentary box are the ones you want running the show. The ones that care about the direction of the game in this country.
It's a bit late for that. Cricket isn't going to survive another decade of this. It was already in pretty big trouble when it came to popularity with the youth.

Tom-Hanks-orly.gif

I know. Malan was their leading run scorer. I get it.

Markram didn’t even feature on the list - his inferior record was compiled without even getting on the park last summer domestically. Yet he was made captain of the side briefly.
Because he was playing test cricket for RSA most of that time... And making a boat load of runs.

Honestly, you are the weirdest arguer I've seen on this forum. You argue for some people because of old records but when it comes to others you jump onto the other side of the rope. Then you conveniently ignore important pieces of information.

Here's a guide for you
1. Think of an opinion
2. Google.com
3. Get all information
4. Post

24k? About 40% full?
Or everyone who got a Pass Out was recounted when they re-entered?

If people thought the crowd was poor for this game, they will probably get worse for the remaining ODIs after a performance like this.

Any chance some non-West Aussies can chip in with some scalps today?

You would think when the majority of the pace attack are supposed to be the best in the world and the saviours of Australias test hopes, they could pick up at least 1 wicket between them

Or maybe they are just overrated hacks...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They haven't won an ODI match in the nice guy era. Their record the last few years sure wasn't great but they were capable of winning one once in a while.

If we are talking since the review, this is the first one dayer.
If we are talking since sandpapergate, there has only been one series since and it was a 4-1 loss.
Before that the previous series was.... a 4-1 loss.

Because he was playing test cricket for RSA most of that time... And making a boat load of runs.

Honestly, you are the weirdest arguer I've seen on this forum. You argue for some people because of old records but when it comes to others you jump onto the other side of the rope. Then you conveniently ignore important pieces of information.

Here's a guide for you
1. Think of an opinion
2. Google.com
3. Get all information
4. Post

What info am I ignoring?

ONE series of domestic games as opposed to someone’s career?

Didn’t Cameron white absolutely dominate two JLT cups ago? Then shouldn’t he have been a lock for the team?

Fact: over a lengthy domestic career, in the role he has been chosen for in this game, Hendricks has outperformed two counterparts chosen for the same role in this game.

That is not opinion, that is stone, cold, indisputable fact, whatever brainless type of logic you want to accuse someone of using.

If people thought the crowd was poor for this game, they will probably get worse for the remaining ODIs after a performance like this.
I'm not even sure 24k would be a poor crowd, its not when ODIs are normally played and crowds have dropped for the format in recent years. It just doesn't look anything like 24k - it is hard to tell given the newness of the venue, but looks under a third full.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back