Autopsy Autopsy vs GWS - Round 13, 2021 - a draw

Remove this Banner Ad

We got pantsed in the middle in the last quarter, couldn't get a clearance.
I still don’t get why don’t throw in something different At the centre bounce in those last 1-2 min when the game is on the line .
Why not throw in Jack Z or the Bull in there ?!
poor coaching .

The Dumont free against and 50 to Greene gave them a goal at end of first in a match drawn.
and that was just one of a string of questionable calls.
The Mumford coathanger.
The Turner deliberate.
The Whitfield non-holding call.
Even in last 30 seconds they got away with a clear throw to give them a last scoring chance.

For side that has won solitary victory for the season, i thought we were tenacious and I'll take a draw although a win or loss really doesn't matter of course. Well unless you're won over by instant gratification.

Again I liked how we tried to play, although our KP backs were horrid and having Tarrant back seemed to reduce McKay and his effectiveness, those two will take sometime to gel I suppose.

we saw the importance of Stephenson and what we've missed with him out. TT is in for a huge preseason as we feel he's around 50% output currently. The mind boggles at that thought. LDU has all the tools and in a similar boat to TT in the clubs opinion.

Thought larkey is starting to find his mojo again and Zurhaar the same. Has been a hard road so far in 2021, but I am actually enjoying the season more so than many previous years.
To have Zurhaar, JZ and TT on the bench in the last couple of minutes was interesting, and then to move JZ forward- not saying we didn't want the win, just seemed to me the "win" wasn't the be all and end all. And of course that's very refreshing.

You all must realise that there were 6/7 out there tonight that haven't the tools required to deliver our game plan. I won't name them, leave it up to you to work out.

I hope you're all not to disappointed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez guys, was barracking hard for you after leading the whole way.
A draw is s**t, but believe me (🙄) losing in the last minute is worse. Especially in the pathetic way we did.

Still, a really good game from your guys.

We deserved the win, umpiring was horrendous and an out of bounds kick for goal was the only thing stopping a win to GWS.

You can say they made their own luck to come back but shouldn’t have even been in it. That’s the luxury that favorable calls provides.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

At the end of the day it was a winnable game and we still got a point. Disappointing? Yes. End of the world? No.

We showed exactly how we want to play and executed perfectly.

Should have won from the position we were in but a draw much better than a loss imo was updating scores in back paddock very tense kangaroos hoping around me in the dark looks like we ran out of legs gws playing for something too

I don't think we ran out of legs at all.

Finished 3rd quarter with momentum and then start the 4th by letting GWS kick 2 easy ones. Just weren't switched on to start the 4th. Pretty disappointing.

We deserved the win, umpiring was horrendous and an out of bounds kick for goal was the only thing stopping a win to GWS.

You can say they made their own luck to come back but shouldn’t have even been in it. That’s the luxury that favorable calls provides.

We had a couple of our own too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back