B: 903RT Captain Cotch Tigerman22

HB: Grockadoc Wang Sunshine Tiger

C: Party Corolla Cogga Rules Bobby Sands

HF: Sassafras KakLaughing
HF Sasafras JakLaughing Equuss

F: Goldust. Tiger Imposter Rodney Dangerfield

FOLL: Helen Wheels Mcuzzy Dr Mike
I presume I had a bench spot?

Hahaha TigerImposter is the Tyrone of the team pushing our star forward Sunshine Tiger to a back flank :D

int: grockadoc, tigs2010, rfctiger74, tigerbob
giphy.gif

Love your dangerous spirit of adventure. The forward six combination makes me tremble. I would name Rance at CHB and let the oppo guess, **** 'em.
He probably could dominate a game from BP. Wouldn't be surprised,
THAT forward six combination was largely available to u last year and we always say this, but we routinely can't kick enough goals.
A set-up of Riewoldt, Deledio, Vickery, Lloyd, Edwards, Rioli, Martin, Lennon, Cotchin, Griffiths in some combination or other we are told every year for the last three has been potent. So what goes wrong????

Yaz plays until the club indicates otherwise

B: Grimes, Astbury, Vlastuin
HB: Houli, Rance, McIntosh
C: B.Ellis, Cotchin, Yarran
HF: Martin, Griffiths, Rioli
F: Lloyd, Reiwoldt, Edwards
R: Hampson, Prestia, Caddy
I: Miles, Grigg, Nankervis, Markov

EMG from: Lennon, C.Ellis, Conca, Short, Menadue, Lambert, Drummond, Hunt
Our team looks so much better with Martin lining up on a forward flank!

He is so dangerous forward of centre

Our team looks so much better with Martin lining up on a forward flank!

He is so dangerous forward of centre
Absolutely. Robbed Peter to pay Paul last year and as good as Dusty was in the guts he needs to spend longer periods isolated up forward where he becomes a true match winner for us

B: Grimes, Astbury, Houli
HB: Vlaustin, Rance, Yarran
C: B.Ellis, Caddy, McIntosh
HF: Lennon, Griffiths, Markov
F: Rioli, Riewoldt, S.Edwards
R. Hampson, Martin, Prestia
Int: Cotchin, Grigg, Miles

Bolded players will effectively be new recruits to the side.
Underlined players will rotate through the midfield and forward/backline. (Plenty of versatility!)

Nankervis unlucky to miss out but I fear we will be too tall if we have three ruckmen but happy to be proven wrong. I would swap him with Griffiths depending on form.

Menadue, Conca, Lloyd, Batchelor, Hunt, CEllis and Drummond are all very unlucky and will add a huge amount of depth and competition for spots next year.

Very happy with all the players to choose from. Didn't have this problem last year!

Last edited:
B. Hunt Rance Grimes
HB. Yarran Batchelor Markov
C. McIntosh Martin B Ellis
HF. Edwards Griffiths Caddy
F. Lloyd Riewoldt Rioli
R. Hampson Cotchin Prestia
I/C. Vlaustin Houli Conca Grigg

KPD are the big problem, I refuse to put Astbury in a best 22. Therefore have to go with Batchelor and Grimes as 2nd and 3rd tall defenders.
Hunt will send alarm bells to most, but aside from his career low shocker against Collingwood in R2, his season wasn't bad and I would have him there ahead of Short, until another much maligned player, in Morris gets back from reco.
Time for Vlaustin and C Ellis to step up and be midfielders. First round draft picks shouldn't be eased into the AFL by playing 5 years across half back. Prove yourself in the midfield or be prepared for the trade table at years end.
Hampson has to start as no. 1 Ruckman, although I hope Nankervis puts in a huge preseason and ousts him. Hampson, for all that he does well, is to immobile to get to enough contests. That's what Nankervis needs to do. Get to every contest and make a presence, like Mumford. That will see him takeover as no. 1.
Would or could Xavier Richads fill that role?
Short played a lot of games last year. But he is small but good. Not sure if you can play Short Yaz & Vlas in backline at the same time.

How stuffed is it not being able to just plonk Deledio on a hff

Very. However Cotchin and martin should play forward -

Caddy. Prestia. Miles. Vlastuin. CEllis. In the midfield.

Mcintosh and some other younger players could get some time also

Last edited:
If you go back and look at U18 draft footage it tells where people should play

1. Caddy was an inside bull and should plonk himself in the guts
2. Cotchin played his best footy on the outside or at HB flank so Wing or HBF for him
3. Martin is a great 1 on 1 player and is best as an attacking player and should play permanent forward
4. Vlastuin is a tackling machine and great overhead should play in the guts
5. Prestia is a burst mid who explodes out of the packs and picks himself on all
6. Rance controls the backline at FB
7. Jack controls the fwd Lin e at FF
8. Grimes is our best medium lock down defender

Our core team should be set up around this

B. Short Rance, Grimes
H. Cotchin Astbury Markov
C. Macintosh Vlastuin Rioli
H. Martin Griffiths Lennon
F. Edwards Jack Lloyd/Houli
R. Hamson Caddy Prestia

Short should get first crack at BP as he has skills and did our kick ins (Markov, Drummond, Vlas all options)
Astbury and Markov should fill the HB line (Chol, and many options for HBF)
Macintosh and Rioli to play wings for speed and run (prefer speed and offence here, direct outside players)
Griffiths is our only option at CHF and Lennon on a flank on ability if he is fit and focused or Houli (many options for the flank)
Edwards is our only crumber and Lloyd is a proven goal kicker (Rioli an option but think he is more mid than crumber)
Interchange you can raffle from Menadue, Drummond, Costanza....
Yarran not considered and Ellis.x2, Conca, Batchelor should play a lot of VFL

3. Martin is a great 1 on 1 player and is best as an attacking player and should play permanent forward
Agree with most of what you say but we cant have Dusty as a permanent mid. He still far too damaging around the clearances to not have him in there at all. Thankfully with Prestia and Caddy coming in we will be able to isolate him forward more often which is what opposition sides dread the most

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Martin is very good at getting the ball and moving it forward, can be a bit loose by foot and doesn't like to chase back, with Caddy, Prestia and Vlas in the guts we have more than enough grunt there

Adding Martin on the HFF and Cotchin on the HBF gives us quality, grunt and ball winning ability in 3/4 of the ground and all 3 lines, other sides would kill for that luxury....

Cotchin will be setting plays up from the back and Martin throwing himself around at HF is very damaging...
We still lack a super quick tackling machine in the fwd pocket but maybe we can turn Edwards into that

This side has talent, more than enough to go deep in September, we need a good run with injuries, we have a soft draw and just need courage from the coach to open the game up and let our guys take the game on.

Martin is very good at getting the ball and moving it forward, can be a bit loose by foot and doesn't like to chase back, with Caddy, Prestia and Vlas in the guts we have more than enough grunt there

Adding Martin on the HFF and Cotchin on the HBF gives us quality, grunt and ball winning ability in 3/4 of the ground and all 3 lines, other sides would kill for that luxury....

Cotchin will be setting plays up from the back and Martin throwing himself around at HF is very damaging...
We still lack a super quick tackling machine in the fwd pocket but maybe we can turn Edwards into that

This side has talent, more than enough to go deep in September, we need a good run with injuries, we have a soft draw and just need courage from the coach to open the game up and let our guys take the game on.
Deledio will be a loss - only bloke who goes long and direct!

Ever since his performance in the Elimination final against Norf, I have no interest in him playing at AFL level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SERIOUSLY??? On that effort, Cotchin would have been traded a year ago and the perennially overrated Edwards would have been shown the back door and Brandon Ellis delisted.
Heck, Chaplin was atrocious and Griffiths was worse.

Deledio will be a loss - only bloke who goes long and direct!

it worries me that we have now got Grigg and Houli to take up the slack...like the one thing that Lids did from day one, especially for me is that I didnt need to take another swig of the bourbon, sweating on where and if he was going to make the right call, knowing full well that Lids was silk. Now we are left with the keystone cops...make no mistake, under pressure both these 2 have folded time and time again and you cant compete at the pointy end of the season with those types...they will fumble, take a bounce that veers left, hit it fat when the next kick wins it etc etc...Lets hope we can slowly manouvre our way to the point where we weed out these types as vets and are left with a Boyd and Morris..by my reckoning, and it might piss off a few here, well alot, the 2 that will be our stable reliable vets when and if we compete for the big prize will be rance and jr..Dusty will be off and gone and Cotch too IMO..the rest are like ships in the night from the current list...this does not include the current intake...IMO they will forge an new standard at tigerland that the current list has NFI about

For what it's worth.

B: Markov , Rance , Grimes
HB: Yarran , Astbury , Houli
C: Prestia , Cotchin , B. Ellis
HF: Edwards , Griffiths , Caddy
F: Rioli , Riewoldt , Nankervis
R: Hampson , Martin , Miles
Int: C.Ellis , Vlaustin , Lloyd , McIntosh
Em: Conca , Batchelor , Grigg

If Yarran doesn't play, Conca in and Vlaustin to back pocket. Markov to HBF.

Think they will go with Nankervis as a direct Vickery replacement and save Griff for CHF.

We had Dusty go close to a brownlow this year by playing in the guts alongside Cotchin, I think both of these guys can move forward and back and allow Prestia, Caddy and Vlastuin in the middle, the rolls royces can be attacking weapons from HF and HB... not many sides could afford that quality in their flanks.

Lids will be lucky to play half a season, if he gets past the pre season...

For what it's worth.

B: Markov , Rance , Grimes
HB: Yarran , Astbury , Houli
C: Prestia , Cotchin , B. Ellis
HF: Edwards , Griffiths , Caddy
F: Rioli , Riewoldt , Nankervis
R: Hampson , Martin , Miles
Int: C.Ellis , Vlaustin , Lloyd , McIntosh
Em: Conca , Batchelor , Grigg

If Yarran doesn't play, Conca in and Vlaustin to back pocket. Markov to HBF.

Think they will go with Nankervis as a direct Vickery replacement and save Griff for CHF.

Caddy will be in the guts not on a flank

On the assumption that Yarran won't play, at least by Rd 1 (hope I'm wrong).

B: Vlaustin Rance Batchelor
HB: Grimes Astbury Marcov
C: McIntosh Cotchin C.Ellis
HF Martin Riewoldt Lennon
F: Lloyd Griffiths Rioli
R: Hampson Caddy Prestia

I/C: Nankervis Conca Menadue Miles

Edwards, Houli, Grigg and B.Ellis might have to earn a spot. Otherwise Short, Drummond and Castagna might get in ahead of them too.

Astbury Rance Grimes
Yarran Broad short
Hampson Vlastuin
Markov Mc Intosh
Martin Prestia
Rioli Riewalt Lennon
Edwards Griffith Lloyd

I: Cotchin, Caddy, Nankervis,B or C. Ellis

Broad is my wild card and hoping Mc Intosh and Markov can take a lot of marks down the wings, something we lacked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back