BigFooty Dynasty Signups

Remove this Banner Ad

Im happy to run things if UC wants full control over the original league again ;)

Also think we should change this just enough to make it different. Something like -

6 backs
7 mids
6 forwards
1 ruck
2 utl

Keeps 22 on the field but switches the balance a little to differ this league from the other.

Thoughts?
I think I expressed my thoughts on this earlier in the thread but as many utilities a possible. Gives coaches the most flexibility, initially in the way the draft ect but also for match ups on a week by week basis

Not long til it is back up! With the draft, what was the plan? Start ASAP and give 24 hours per pick (most wouldn't need that long) or schedule a date and have 1 min per pick and complete it on the day?

slow draft is best, you will struggle to get everyone online the same time, its rushed and the league suffers with some auto picked squads. There is plenty of time until round one

Sorry guys, I didn't get a notification of the tag, or did and just missed it. I'm still interested in a keeper league if there's a spot needed filling. Happy to go with the flow, I'm not one to complain, I just enjoy the strategic side of fantasy with a keeper team.

Site is up, lets get this going. Who is or wants to be league manager? I know how to butvery happy for someone else to do it. Default scores? Modify them slightly, lineups, lets get it going

For scoring I'm a fan of:

Score - 2
Accuracy - 1
Kicks - 2
Handballs - 2
Marks - 2
HO's - 2
Tackles - 2
FF - 1
FA - -1

Puts more emphasis on categories that you can control more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im happy to be league manager if thats ok with everyone? Unknown Caller can then concentrate on the other league.

Im happy with that scoring. Anyone got any requests re: team layout?

With so many top centres I think having more places for them over backs and forwards balances the positions.

1 ruck should be plenty. Forcing 2 rucks can really hurt some teams.

45 players per list.
22 on the field.

5 backs
5 forwards
1 ruck
7 centres
4 UTL

Gives people the ability to build a team around litterally any stats they like while also putting a slight focus on balancing as mentioned.

Thoughts?

Not long til it is back up! With the draft, what was the plan? Start ASAP and give 24 hours per pick (most wouldn't need that long) or schedule a date and have 1 min per pick and complete it on the day?

Im good either way. Only need 12 hours per pick though ;)

2 other suggestions -

Time on Ground threshold - 35%

Emergencies can cover any position - YES

I like the second option as it means you arent totally doomed if you have 2 young players in the same position as the sub.

L_W_P , my 2 cents worth :cool:

I think it is important that the '18' is how it lines up - 6/b, 5/c, 1/r, and 6/f with 4/u as the bench players.

happy for emergencies to play any position, but if you are doing that, change it to 3 only, just like the AFL.

I like the scoring mentioned above, but maybe we could use FF/FA differential for 1 point rather than both FF and FA?

Saying all that, I am not 100% certain that there is space for me in this league, as i haven't been receiving notifications etc. o_O

I would like to see all the categories weighted evenly (1 point each) as it is in the BFFL. Agree with the suggested emergency setup of 1 for each position

Happy with that lineup but would prefer the emgs to be the traditional cover each line. Otherwise the came could get dominated by mids too much

I agree with his, hence why i think we should have a minimum of 5 centers, not 7. If you have 7, plus 4 as disguised as utilities, half of one's side could be pure centers, which isn't really all that fun in my opinion..

I would like to see all the categories weighted evenly (1 point each) as it is in the BFFL. Agree with the suggested emergency setup of 1 for each position

Having free kicks % weighed at half doesnt really impact a result much. In my league last year only about 3 results swung The other way had of it been 1 point each.

The reason I suggest the 5-7-5 split is due to weight of numbers.

There are a mountain of C listed players that get games.

With a 6-5-6 split there are a few teams that might struggle to find a 6th back or 6th forward who deserves a game.

Just my suggestion to keep this league playing a little different to the other one is all :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back