BigFooty Dynasty Signups

Remove this Banner Ad

The reason I suggest the 5-7-5 split is due to weight of numbers.

There are a mountain of C listed players that get games.

With a 6-5-6 split there are a few teams that might struggle to find a 6th back or 6th forward who deserves a game.

Just my suggestion to keep this league playing a little different to the other one is all :)
I disagree with your premise, but I am happy for you to set it up how you see fit. I agree that a few differences is a good thing :)

Lets take a vote. We have 13 coaches but so as not to seem biased as league manager I will abstain unless absolutely required.

Which team format do you prefer?
6 backs
5 mids
6 forwards
1 ruck
4 utl

OR

5 backs
7 centres
5 forwards
1 ruck
4 utl

Which scoring system do you prefer?

Standard - 1 point per catergory

OR

Double - 2 points for everything except accuracy, FF and FA

Which emergency system do you prefer?

Standard - 1 player locked per position.

OR

AFL - 3 players to fill any position.

First past the post with 7 votes gets the nod otherwise we will go with the spoken majority.

Ill setup the league (and a new thread for the league) tomorrow morning :) Can edit the rules/positions up until we draft.

I rekon we do the draft on the UF site. 12 hours per pick (stop the clock between 10pm and 6am) and get it started in about a weeks time to make sure we are done before the NAB Cup :)

Thoughts?

Lets take a vote. We have 12 coaches but so as not to seem biased as league manager I will abstain unless absolutely required.

6 backs
5 mids
6 forwards
1 ruck
4 utl

OR

5 backs
7 centres
5 forwards
1 ruck
4 utl

OR

Double - 2 points for everything except accuracy, FF and FA

OR

AFL - 3 players to fill any position.

First past the post with 6 votes gets the nod otherwise we will go with the spoken majority.

Ill setup the league (and a new thread for the league) tomorrow morning :) Can edit the rules/positions up until we draft.

I rekon we do the draft on the UF site. 12 hours per pick (stop the clock between 10pm and 6am) and get it started in about a weeks time to make sure we are done before the NAB Cup :)

Thoughts?
Cheers mate, if the votes are 6 all, happy for your vote to be the decider.

I vote option A for the 1st and 3rd question, and B for the 2nd :)

Last edited:
5 backs
7 centres
5 forwards
1 ruck
4 utl

My votes above :)

I think more mids is good personally, if you go heavy for kicks and handballs you are just as likely to miss goals, hitouts ect

Any weight is fine

I think more mids is good personally, if you go heavy for kicks and handballs you are just as likely to miss goals, hitouts ect

L_W_P, I am happy for there to be 7 centres, so you can change my vote from against to for! My team will look awesome with 11 gun centres in the 22, it will make the draft strategy a bit more interesting too :)

Im sure we can find a 14th. Ill make my vote sometime this weekend. Going to sleep now and will be working tomorrow. When are we looking to kick off?

Id like to start the draft next weekend if everyone is good with that?

Just on UF with 12 hours per pick as mentioned.

Everyone will have had enough notice to be ready so as long as we get an even number of teams we are set.

Should we ever need to expand we will cross that bridge :)

i havent decided which lineup option i like. I see positives in both.

However I vote for all categories 2 points and frees and percentage 1

I also vote 4 emgs 1 per position.

You can even modify the scoring so the final score reflects an afl score. Eg categories worth 20 points and frees and percentage worth 10.

I reckon we should scrap the two free kick categories and go with the free kick differential instead, as a point of difference- and also because I think it would make winning less based on luck and more on strategy :)

Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im up for that if everyone else is.

Streamlines player stats a little and could see more draws come into play through the year which I think would be exciting.

Happy either way though :)

I reckon we should scrap the two free kick categories and go with the free kick differential instead, as a point of difference- and also because I think it would make winning less based on luck and more on strategy :)

Thoughts?
Thats what a weighting of 2 to every category other than frees and accuracy does, while still keeping an odd number of points available.

Thats what a weighting of 2 to every category other than frees and accuracy does, while still keeping an odd number of points available.
I think the notion of needing an odd number of categories is strange. If (and I am not convinced it does) having even categories means more draws, than the best teams will have to come up with a strategy to come out on top, separating the wheat from the chaff :)

Well, if you want strategy you would keep both in anyway. A team may choose to utilise key forwards as they would go towards score, accuracy, marks and frees for (arm chopping, getting taken out of the contest). On the other hand, if you go for C/F's they contribute to more categories but are also likely to contribute to FA. As such, you are reducing the likelihood of a team using the first strategy as there is a lessened incentive if they are only rewarded for the differential as opposed to the chance for being rewarded for both.

Apart from a few known suspects, frees for and against are pretty hard to be strategic over in my experience, they can be more luck than planning.

Only a suggestion though, I am happy for what ever :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back