Analysis Bullies convincingly beat the Purples 118 - 69

Remove this Banner Ad

TOB will be a great asset for our backline. It’s been a long wait I know but if he can stay injury free and settle in his athleticism and ability to intercept mark and spoil will be invaluable. Jones is a great addition but we need more than just one interceptor
I wanted Buku in before TOB because, to date, I have seen nothing from TOB to make me think he has a higher ceiling than Buku.
BUT……. if TOB starts producing games of influence then, as a Bulldog supporter, I will be very happy and pleased for him ( and claim him as my own)

We have a lot of winnable games coming up. And thankfully a lot of our hard ones are at Marvel. Geelong as usual will be our biggest challenge.

We have a lot of winnable games coming up. And thankfully a lot of our hard ones are at Marvel. Geelong as usual will be our biggest challenge.

Yep. There's a decent chance we'll be underdogs in only Geelong (x2), Pies and Sydney (away) of what we have left. Possibly Carlton depending on how both teams are playing at the time.

That is, however, predicated on us beating bottom half teams and teams around us when we have home advantage, which is no guarantee. Adelaide at Ballarat brings back some bad memories from last year, and they're substantially better now. Port won't be a gimme, and Gold Coast on neutral ground is a banana skin. But outside of a terrible run of injuries there wouldn't be many excuses for a poor season from here given the draw.

I feel your pain my bulldog brother. Deep breathing and yoga can work but don't forget the straight jacket in the corner is their for a reason. I too had an emotional breakdown wian. It happened after the game. deep breathing deep breath. Bailey Williams the f...ing horse has changed his f...ing nickname for f....s sake. DO YOU F...ING BELIEVE IT. What f....ed up world do we live in. You can't change your f...ING nick name willy nilly. Golden rule no.1 is your nickname is for f....ING eeevvveerrrr. The truck for f....s sake. Jesus christ man give me a break. Nurse come and turn out the lights please.
This sums it up really. A completely brainwashed and indoctrinated F-Wit in the open air with a useless face nappy on insulting a past player by turning his / her back on him..

Absolute raving lunatic .

Last edited:
When bailey takes a mark I can't f...ing say giddy up. Did they f....ING think of that. And when he scores a f...ING goal what happens to "hi ho silver away". The f... wits I am devastated.

Last edited:
I feel your pain my bulldog brother. Deep breathing and yoga can work but don't forget the straight jacket in the corner is their for a reason. I too had an emotional breakdown wian. It happened after the game. deep breathing deep breath. Bailey Williams the f...ing horse has changed his f...ing nickname for f....s sake. DO YOU F...ING BELIEVE IT. What f....ed up world do we live in. You can't change your f...ING nick name willy nilly. Golden rule no.1 is your nickname is for f....ING eeevvveerrrr. The truck for f....s sake. Jesus christ man give me a break. Nurse come and turn out the lights please.
See my post #201. Not a genuine nickname, a bit of a joke by BM.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i worry about playing him against sides with a lot of pace they will exploit him
Very true, although McLean or not we will struggle against those teams. I guess I'd rather know sooner rather than later that McLean is best 22. Might cost us but if he isn't better to know for sure and play someone younger

I remember at the time thinking this was the moment for us. We were right on top, Bont was doing everything, their massive captain flops against the smallest man in the comp. Just seemed like a thing.

Then they scored 100-7 in the next 45 minutes lol

I wanted Buku in before TOB because, to date, I have seen nothing from TOB to make me think he has a higher ceiling than Buku.
BUT……. if TOB starts producing games of influence then, as a Bulldog supporter, I will be very happy and pleased for him ( and claim him as my own)
Buku issue is still his ability to run games out and that is crucial when playing down back

Very true, although McLean or not we will struggle against those teams. I guess I'd rather know sooner rather than later that McLean is best 22. Might cost us but if he isn't better to know for sure and play someone younger
He is doing a fair job of convincing us at the moment. McNeil seemed to be every where when he came on as sub and contrast that with Toby’s 20 minutes of zero possessions as sub against Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Back