Analysis Bullies convincingly beat the Purples 118 - 69

Remove this Banner Ad

Very convincing win. Needed that percentage booster.

Think we’ve been getting slightly better every week since the awful start.

Lots of positive signs lead by the Bont again.

Freo are really bad, what a drop off from them this season. That was a dysfunctional forward line
There is a sack Longmuir thread on BF, as well as a sack Longmire but they have just taken down the sack Scott one

Plenty on here thought 3-3 wouldn’t be a bad outcome given our tough start. Still pissed about last week but we’ve saved the furniture for now.

TOB has been ok and LJ has been superb. JUH very good but just needs to nail the set shots.

Treloar, Bont, English and Williams were outstanding.
TOB will be a great asset for our backline. It’s been a long wait I know but if he can stay injury free and settle in his athleticism and ability to intercept mark and spoil will be invaluable. Jones is a great addition but we need more than just one interceptor

Amazing what a better workrate and pressure game can do. Looking a lot more confident with our own game. Foot skills were better, decision making, areal contests. We looked great.

Credit to the coaching staff getting them back on track, the season looked gone. Hopefully it continues.

Bont playing a genuine captains knock the last few weeks. Needs kudos for that. Would be balls deep in the Brownlow I reckon.

Is it just me or does Arty look like he’s about to have a break out game? That small fwd workrate was massive tonight. Just couldn’t get on the end of any. Once it clicks, he’ll be a lock as the small fwd in our 22.
The season never looked gone

On roaming Brian on C7. Was a decent clip for Bevo.
Should have got her opinion when he was being owned on a weekly basis by hard tags
Footy changes and you play where is best for your team. It’s great to see him back and in form but not even his partner can ignore he was moved forward when he was regularly being out muscled in the backline

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest, if Libba spoke normal, he'd be failing the concussion test.
He is probably the only bloke on the team that could say something incoherent and pass the test.
They asked him what his favourite muesli bar was and when he answered strawberry they gave him a definite week off

I know McLean hasn’t set set the world on fire, but can we give the guy a break. He’s deserves more than a handful of games before he’s written off. Particularly when the alternatives are not exactly banging down the door.
I would be playing McNeil based on Friday night
I agree he needs more time but it’s not a good sign when you can get 40+ in the VFL then continue to struggle in the AFL. Unfortunately it could be the pace of today’s game that’s the issue
Teams that have been going well this year are all using pace to do it

Quite so. I hope we don't have to have this conversation every time we win.

A number of us have said before let's see how the whole season pans out. We've had these sorts of wins every season ... as well as some inexplicably bad losses. I know it's immediate post game and everybody is feeling up and about but let's not lose perspective on the issue just because we've had one good win (or one bad loss for that matter).
LOL it should never have been a thread it’s jus nonsense

Need to keep McLean in for a few more games and work out if we need to go in another direction for the last half of the year. 100 games but he looks like a 30yo. Poor bloke, i love him and need to give him every opportunity but might be better just playing West, Garcia etc in his role.
i worry about playing him against sides with a lot of pace they will exploit him

I agree he helps our structure and also gives a chop out in the ruck.
I however get frustrated watching him look like a witches hat when they have the ball. Virtually zero pressure.
He could take a look at Timmy and his will to pressure the opposition and tackle. For that matter even Naughts n JUH.
He had just come off an ankle operation.

Well said young man

The Bulldogs' Jamarra Ugle-Hagan on Rory Lobb's treatment by his old teammates: "He was always gonna cop it … We were ready for that, we’re just out there to support him -- we’re not gonna let anyone touch one of our brothers."
Jamarra is becoming a first class media performer

Surely Bevo and the club are secure enough to handle a dig from a player’s missus . It’s refreshing to hear what someone really thinks in this era of carefully controlled media interactions .

I’d give her a club PR role , and once in while she could sit in the coaches box and whisper into Bev’s ear .

When the Roman generals of old conquered a foreign army and led a triumphal procession through Rome , a slave was employed to whisper “remember you must die “ to stop them drinking their own bath water.

Mrs JJ could sit behind Bev whispering “You are fallible . Players prefer their natural positions.”
What would have she whispered when JJ was regularly being owned by s**t tiggers every week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back