Oppo Camp Caleb Poulter (Bulldogs MSD 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. A fair few draftees over the years would have been up there with Usain Bolt at the 20 metre mark of a 100 metre race. None of them would be on screen at the end of the race:

• The first 20m of Usain Bolts 9.69 second 100m run at the 2008 Olympic Games was in 2.87 seconds.

Combine records

Joel Wilkinson2.752010
Jonathan Marsh2.782013
Danyle Pearce2.792004
Ashley Smith2.802008
Marvin Baynham2.812014
Nathan Freeman2.822013
Jack Watts2.822008
Sounds to good to be true.

Without knowing 100% I think the Bolt time includes reaction time (time from when gun goes to athlete reacts) whereas the AFL 20m time starts when the athlete crosses the timing gate to trip the clock

Once reaction time is excluded from Bolts time it’s 2.71 secs on my reading. You are right the best AFL players are with him for those few moments and then smoke. Don’t think they are ahead though.

Sounds to good to be true.

Without knowing 100% I think the Bolt time includes reaction time (time from when gun goes to athlete reacts) whereas the AFL 20m time starts when the athlete crosses the timing gate to trip the clock

Once reaction time is excluded from Bolts time it’s 2.71 secs on my reading. You are right the best AFL players are with him for those few moments and then smoke. Don’t think they are ahead though.

Yes. I suspected they must have been measured a differently in favour of the draftees when I saw the stats, particularly as he should have the advantage with blocks.

The crazy thing is that he did his last 80 in that world record in less than 7 seconds.

The crazy thing is that he did his last 80 in that world record in less than 7 seconds.
That is crazy.

But I still think Kipchoge is more of an alien running a marathon doing 2:50 kms. I can’t do one of those, can’t even get remotely close... he did 42 of them back-to-back.

That is crazy.

But I still think Kipchoge is more of an alien running a marathon doing 2:50 kms. I can’t do one of those, can’t even get remotely close... he did 42 of them back-to-back.
Skynet has taken over. The bloke is a terminator.

That is crazy.

All of those elite marathon runners are frightening. It looks like they are cruising but if you tried to run next to them for even a short while it would be almost a sprint!

Two players with more than 50 games - Watts (174) and Pearce (258).

Always amazed Pearce squeezed 258 games out of his career
How many games do you think Tom Phillips would play if he had Pearce’s acceleration?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to seeing how he backs up his performance from last week. The stand alone clubs tend to offer a more physically mature squad so he’ll likely find a better matchup today on that count. I want to see his ball use improving. If he can do that with his run and flair he’ll definitely be in the frame for senior selection sooner rather than later.

Looking forward to seeing how he backs up his performance from last week. The stand alone clubs tend to offer a more physically mature squad so he’ll likely find a better matchup today on that count. I want to see his ball use improving. If he can do that with his run and flair he’ll definitely be in the frame for senior selection sooner rather than later.

Ball use in his draft clips was very good, on his left, no idea about his right. Hopefully his first up effort was more an aborration than a flaw in his game.

Ball use in his draft clips was very good, on his left, no idea about his right. Hopefully his first up effort was more an aborration than a flaw in his game.

Yeah, I put it down largely to nerves and fatigue. Ball use been pretty good today.

BOG Today Easily.

25 Touches. Seems to Read the Play Well and Very Clean with Ball.

Good User by Foot and Love how Attacking His Touches are.

More I watched more of a Fan I Become

BOG Today Easily.

25 Touches. Seems to Read the Play Well and Very Clean with Ball.

Good User by Foot and Love how Attacking His Touches are.

More I watched more of a Fan I Become

Poulter and Dib today gives us hope going forward, get Dib out of the limelight now, don`t need to see more, hopefully our academy kid falls to us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back