Carlton are the one to watch out for - They can win The Premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

I would say Carlton will finish top 4. Anyone can win the flag from that position. Do I think they are most likely to win the flag, at this point I'd still have the Lions ahead.

Thread title needs to be changed to ‘can this Carlton team be stopped?’.

Agree with OP. Shrewd Vossy has the blues playing the best footy of all the teams this season. I’m tipping GWS v Carlton grand final. No other teams look close to them.

Agreed, and when you combine all that with Richmonds situation it paints a very negative picture of Carltons actual ability.

Only Vic media deadhead sychophants like David King could find a positive in being 46pts down against a side that could cave in and lose, followed by a 5pt win against a depleted non contender. And only then because he is so Vic biased in everything he suggests he needs every hope he can find.

Then he'd spin it the other way and say Richmond are also the real deal for standing up under adversity.
Oh please give me a spell.
I live in Adelaide, so I have to tolerate the most biased bullshit media coming from all angles.

So don't give me the Vic Bias angle because compared to the non-stop bombardment of only two teams in the AFL, Victoria are the most open minded media outlets there are.

In SA, news is unwatchable, radio is unlistenable and the paper is unreadable.
I would seriously be forgiven for thinking that Port or Crows are not only going to win the next 5 flags but they have also won the last three.

I cant take it anymore, I want to go home :mad::shoutyoldman::'(

Agreed, and when you combine all that with Richmonds situation it paints a very negative picture of Carltons actual ability.

Only Vic media deadhead sychophants like David King could find a positive in being 46pts down against a side that could cave in and lose, followed by a 5pt win against a depleted non contender. And only then because he is so Vic biased in everything he suggests he needs every hope he can find.

Then he'd spin it the other way and say Richmond are also the real deal for standing up under adversity.

Anyone who could turn last weeks win against Brisbane into a negative is the deadhead.

They lost the grand final by under a kick, improved their list and were basically playing their best 22 at a ground where they hadn’t lost in 23 games. And all off-season we heard about how they were going to go all the way in 2024 (they still might) whilst Carlton were pretenders with the potential to slide.

I think you’re scared of what’s coming. Something old Kenny will never give you.

They now know how to win when the game is on the line as opposed to folding like they did in 2022. They've managed some superb come back wins against the Dees twice last year one was that classic, epic semi final. They rolled the Swans the week before in the elimination final and have now produced two stirring wins to open 2024 last week coming from 46 points down to a team who went undefeated all last season at The Gabba and lost the Granny by just 4 points. Brisbane's winning ratio at home was a staggering 84 percent before last week. I kind of feel that at the moment the Blues have taken Premiership Favourites Status. They have the experience of winning and winning big games in finals as well as the heartache from 2022. They have the personnel and a Coleman Medal winner who's a good one-two punch with McKay who has well and truly got the monkey off the back.

Keep it positive too before you don't. I'll beat you to the punch for those that want to troll. This isn't a troll Pie supporter or not. This is what I believe 100 percent. Carlton are playing great football and are building something very special down at Ikon Park.

The Blues are up and about. And they're a very, very dangerous unit.
Forget unfurling the Premiership flag tonight, run up the white flag instead.

Anyone who could turn last weeks win against Brisbane into a negative is the deadhead.

They lost the grand final by under a kick, improved their list and were basically playing their best 22 at a ground where they hadn’t lost in 23 games. And all off-season we heard about how they were going to go all the way in 2024 (they still might) whilst Carlton were pretenders with the potential to slide.

I think you’re scared of what’s coming. Something old Kenny will never give you.

I still have vivid and fond memories of the blues supporters in the bay next to me during the first quarter of the PF talking about flights to Melbourne for the grand final. Inject it straight into my veins.

I still have vivid and fond memories of the blues supporters in the bay next to me during the first quarter of the PF talking about flights to Melbourne for the grand final. Inject it straight into my veins.

Where were you sitting? It was probably me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blues weren't impressive & could easily be 0-2 but it's a long year & they have managed to win those games with some outs.
I think they will be similar to last season they will probably lose to some teams below them but will probably come home strong a lot will depend on if they get Weitering & Walsh back hearing Walsh might need surgery though.

They now know how to win when the game is on the line as opposed to folding like they did in 2022. They've managed some superb come back wins against the Dees twice last year one was that classic, epic semi final. They rolled the Swans the week before in the elimination final and have now produced two stirring wins to open 2024 last week coming from 46 points down to a team who went undefeated all last season at The Gabba and lost the Granny by just 4 points. Brisbane's winning ratio at home was a staggering 84 percent before last week. I kind of feel that at the moment the Blues have taken Premiership Favourites Status. They have the experience of winning and winning big games in finals as well as the heartache from 2022. They have the personnel and a Coleman Medal winner who's a good one-two punch with McKay who has well and truly got the monkey off the back.

Keep it positive too before you don't. I'll beat you to the punch for those that want to troll. This isn't a troll Pie supporter or not. This is what I believe 100 percent. Carlton are playing great football and are building something very special down at Ikon Park.

The Blues are up and about. And they're a very, very dangerous unit.

You are underselling us.

We're an absolute lock for the flag.

2024 premiership tattoo booked for Monday.

Carlton are a good team, generally, not an amazing team, but imo neither are Collingwood, Brisbane, Sydney etc. GWS the only one looking really impressive but can they keep up the level. You only have to beat the others and the Blues definitely a chance to win it. Game against Tigers wasn't the best but early and missing big outs. Rounds 3 to 8 will tell us a lot.

At one point they had 26 clearances. Of those, 24 were from free kicks.

Against Richmond.

That is not the look of a powerful team.
rubbish. What about last week? What about the finals? what about last year?

At the end of the day they're 2 from 2 and in years gone by they would have been 0-2. They drew with Richmond in round 1 last season a win is a win. The Blues have had trouble with Richmond for a long, long time. The Tige's came back guns blazing last week vs Gold Coast and if not for that contentious free kick for rushing the ball through for a point it was still game on. Richmond played well last night themselves and had a great second half vs Gold Coast.

The sign of a good team is winning ugly. Winning no matter what. The best teams are those that get the points even when they play bad as opposed to playing good and losing. The Blues are a good team and if they weren't that good would have lost that game by 70+ last week. They won from 46 points down against one of the best sides in the comp hands down.

Lol, I dont mind Carlton or Vossy but give me a break, they beat a side no one rates by 5pts who were 3 men down before half time coming off a 5 day break that last played in QLDs humidity.
Considering 2 of those 3 men down were defenders, how they couldnt score themselves is of concern enough in itself.

As I said in the gameday thread, last nights result says more about how Brisbane could fold from 46pts up than this result.

And im stuffed if I know why theres so much hype around Cripps, his disposal is woeful for a guy who struts around like he does.
Couldn't agree more.

Brownlow medalist or not, he should be traded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back