Preview Changes for Preliminary Final v Richmond. Friday night at MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of focus on De Goey this week which may mean that he gets much more attention from the Tigers. This makes it critical that this week Cox has a big game and the others including Stephenson, WHE, Thomas, Mihocek etc. make the most of any opportunities. The beauty of our forward line is our flexibility and if De Goey becomes a decoy for the others then that is a win for our coaching box.
The good thing about De Goey is that he doesn't care how much attention is paid, he loves it ;)

But yes, big game for Checkers I reckon!

Yeah. Just looked at a couple of pages of the "Banter" thread on Tigers board. They have IQs lower than their disposal efficiency.

And they whinge that no-one bothers to go on there? That's time better spent choosing pre/post game refreshments and attire in the vein of young BringouttheGimp and HenrikLundqvist I'm guessing.

No changes for me this week.

YSL La nuit de L'homme is far too intoxicating not to wear on a Fri night.

Anyone who can't afford it.. head down to David Jones and spray a sample on ya prior to the game.

Glad to help.

Lots of focus on De Goey this week which may mean that he gets much more attention from the Tigers. This makes it critical that this week Cox has a big game and the others including Stephenson, WHE, Thomas, Mihocek etc. make the most of any opportunities. The beauty of our forward line is our flexibility and if De Goey becomes a decoy for the others then that is a win for our coaching box.

What makes you think there wasn't much focus on him last week?

The man was a bull.. unstoppable.

Some players you simply can not stop.

Do you get the feeling that this team is similar to 2010?

Some A graders but more very good role players and there is a certain belief in themselves and each other and it really shows.

Think that Bucks changing and concentrating on their strengths and playing to them them is a smart move.

Think that Bucks changing and concentrating on their strengths and playing to them them is a smart move.

Spot on Maggie5.

I still remember vividly Bucks in the first Black & White Magazine this year saying the exact same thing.
I will try and find the quote.

Just caught Pickers on SEN half way through. Doubt he will play as well. Sounded as though Moore is not putting his hand up to play. Coming up to having torn it off the bone time wise (almost). Made me think he is gone.

In the next breath Pickers states close to resigning.

Edit - as BJ states, that is re-signing

1:45 to 4:25...

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=276280

Do you get the feeling that this team is similar to 2010?

Some A graders but more very good role players and there is a certain belief in themselves and each other and it really shows.

I think in 2010 our A graders were better and our role players were weaker than our current list. It was also a bigger team with four proper key position players, two of them absolute elite. We barely have one in 2018.

2018 vs 2010
Treloar < Swan
Pendlebury < Pendlebury
Sidebottom > Sidebottom
Adams > Ball
Phillips < Thomas
Langdon < Maxwell
Grundy > Jolly
Crisp > Toovey
Goldsack < Goldsack
Maynard = O'Brien
Howe = Shaw
Thomas > Blair
Hoskin-Elliott > Beams
Mihocek > Dawes
Cox > L Brown
Stephenson < Didak
Aish < Wellingham
De Goey = Cloke
Greenwood > Macaffer
Mayne < Johnson

No matchups for the last two...
Varcoe
Sier
not as good as
N Brown
B Reid

Last edited:
His spot is the Mihocek position. Realistically they have similar outputs. But hard to make an argument to replace one with the other.
Reid hasn't had that sort of output for a long time.

I think in 2010 our A graders were better and our role players were weaker than our current list. It was also a bigger team with four proper key position players, two of them absolute elite. We barely have one in 2018.

2018 vs 2010
Treloar < Swan
Pendlebury > Pendlebury
Sidebotom < Sidebottom
Adams > Ball
Phillips < Thomas
Langdon < Maxwell
Grundy > Jolly
Crisp > Toovey
Goldsack < Goldsack
Maynard = O'Brien
Howe = Shaw
Thomas > Blair
Hoskin-Elliott > Beams
Mihocek > Dawes
Cox > L Brown
Stephenson < Didak
Aish < Wellingham
De Goey = Cloke
Greenwood > Macaffer
Mayne < Johnson

Varcoe
Sier
not as good as
N Brown
B Reid
Sidebottom was better in 2010 than now? Not sure if your serious.

Also goldsack wasnt even best 22 until the reply.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reid hasn't had that sort of output for a long time.

Sidebottom was better in 2010 than now? Not sure if your serious.

Also goldsack wasnt even best 22 until the reply.
Sidebottom is a more rounded player now than in 2010. Sure he was great in the 2010 GF but now his midfield play is of a more elite and prolific level. He is now close to being our most important player.

2018 vs 2010
Treloar < Swan
Pendlebury > Pendlebury
Sidebotom < Sidebottom
Adams > Ball
Phillips < Thomas
Langdon < Maxwell
Grundy > Jolly
Crisp > Toovey
Goldsack < Goldsack
Maynard = O'Brien
Howe = Shaw
Thomas > Blair
Hoskin-Elliott > Beams
Mihocek > Dawes
Cox > L Brown
Stephenson < Didak
Aish < Wellingham
De Goey = Cloke
Greenwood > Macaffer
Mayne < Johnson

Varcoe
Sier
not as good as
N Brown
B Reid
No sure who you consider A graders in 2010, I have 4 and 6 2018.

Fair enough I just see the 2010 list as being slightly better at the top end and probably more workmanlike at the bottom end compared to 2018. And less young (first or second year players) talent....and certainly no young elite talent.
Yes too young and early for elite but pretty good group with many in the right age bracket.

I was really thinking in terms of unity, belief, maturity and youth, good mix with Howe, Dunn, Varcoe down to the Stepho, Sier and Maynard etc.

Have some Richmond supporting family friends who we thought we'd catch up with before the game for a drink... turns out they're not making the trip across state because they'd rather just make the trip to the grand final the week after. How's the arrogance! Gee it'd be funny if they lost.
Time to unfriend your Richmond supporting family “friends”. With arrogance like that they’re not worthy of your friendship.

Richmond look unbeatable at the MCG until they get beaten. They have been beaten 4 times by decent opposition on a field of grass. They aren't some super human unit miles ahead like a lot of fans believe.

I've been uttering similar words of comfort to myself, and will continue to do so until reality clips me on the side of the head. We're fielding a good team, and if we can produce our best football across four quarters whilst keeping a full bench of players then I'd say we're in with a good chance of winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back