Preview Changes for Preliminary Final v Richmond. Friday night at MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really getting a feeling Moore will be selected but who he replaces, I have no idea. (Although I do have a wish list).;)
Who would be your Mayne choice?

But that won't happen ;)

Or will it?

I love Collingwood so much :)

My head says tough gig Friday night.

My heart says, stuff that, we win :)

I know this will not happen, but would have loved to give Murphy a taste of finals.

He's going to be a special for us.

Our really young debutant crop is so healthy:
  • Stephenson
  • Sier
  • Murphy
Can't mention he who is under a four year cloud.

Even last years group of:

Brown
Daicos

Looking good.

From what i've read Reid is ahead of Moore, as a defender i'd take Reid anyday of the week, vastly more experienced, as a forward i'd probably back in Moore due to his athleticism and height, just a shame both are just to big a risk, lets face it guys we don't really have to improve much to win the thing, leave the team as is.
Though I would like to agree with your plea for the preservation of the status quo, I take issue with 'we don't really have to improve much to win the thing'.

Think about it. You don't think that a tall CHB able to play 4 qtrs and man the opposition's biggest forward is going to improve us much? You're not just talking In:Brown Out: Aish or something similar. Moore or Reid (gulp!) would significantly strengthen our defence or attack, but only if able to play out the game. We seem only to see the strengths of our iffy players, not their deficiencies. As long as Mihochek each game slides past a pack in which he could be marking to kick a couple of goals, Aish launches a kick into space without setting up an opposition turnover or Stephenson converts 2 of his 6 or 8 touches, we don't need to contemplate Moore pinging a hamstring 20 minutes into a game.

We probably do need to improve to beat Richmond because we lack the class that Elliott, Scharenberg, Wells, Reid or Moore could add to the team. Mr Gallagher, you may be right, perhaps we can advance to the GF without a change of personnel, but Moore if capable of extracting 4 qtrs of football from his hamstrings, or even Reid, if his calves are still intact at the final siren, would give us a decisive boost in height, speed and versatility in defence or attack. We need to add some class to win the premiership.

I think Moore will come in for Aish only because Moore goes to full back on Riewoldt and Goldy can easily slip sideways into the position Aish played last week. It’s safe to say that none of Maynard, Crisp, Langdon or Howe go out so it only leaves Aish.

Though I would like to agree with your plea for the preservation of the status quo, I take issue with 'we don't really have to improve much to win the thing'.

Think about it. You don't think that a tall CHB able to play 4 qtrs and man the opposition's biggest forward is going to improve us much? You're not just talking In:Brown Out: Aish or something similar. Moore or Reid (gulp!) would significantly strengthen our defence or attack, but only if able to play out the game. We seem only to see the strengths of our iffy players, not their deficiencies. As long as Mihochek each game slides past a pack in which he could be marking to kick a couple of goals, Aish launches a kick into space without setting up an opposition turnover or Stephenson converts 2 of his 6 or 8 touches, we don't need to contemplate Moore pinging a hamstring 20 minutes into a game.

We probably do need to improve to beat Richmond because we lack the class that Elliott, Scharenberg, Wells, Reid or Moore could add to the team. Mr Gallagher, you may be right, perhaps we can advance to the GF without a change of personnel, but Moore if capable of extracting 4 qtrs of football from his hamstrings, or even Reid, if his calves are still intact at the final siren, would give us a decisive boost in height, speed and versatility in defence or attack. We need to add some class to win the premiership.
I know how useful a 6.6 KPP is when he's sitting on the bench with ice rapt around his hammy.

Of course he's best 22, but at this stage we just can't trust his body to hold up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Moore will come in for Aish only because Moore goes to full back on Riewoldt and Goldy can easily slip sideways into the position Aish played last week. It’s safe to say that none of Maynard, Crisp, Langdon or Howe go out so it only leaves Aish.
I'd prefer to see Howe on Riewoldt. We don't have a clear job for Darcy back or forward, but wouldn't mind seeing him line up on the wing or half forward. A left field idea, but he'd be a tough match up for anyone playing on him.

I feel like pendles is quite battered and bruised
Was crook Can t eat solid foods cause of teeth and a sore knee...
Hopefully the great man plays a good game ..

I really want moore in now
Aish the unlucky one as many have said

I'd prefer to see Howe on Riewoldt. We don't have a clear job for Darcy back or forward, but wouldn't mind seeing him line up on the wing or half forward. A left field idea, but he'd be a tough match up for anyone playing on him.
Any reason you don’t see him playing right field? Just curious.

This can’t be our game plan, I can’t see the escape route for Moore to sprint to the bench with hamstring awareness. :(

Get the likes of Pendlebury Sidebottom Varcoe and Mihocek.. in that zone as much as we can.. and we'll win. That's how I look at it.

I feel like pendles is quite battered and bruised
Was crook Can t eat solid foods cause of teeth and a sore knee...
Hopefully the great man plays a good game ..

I really want moore in now
Aish the unlucky one as many have said

Pendlebury to Cotchin for this reason, I'd back him in every day of the week to come out on level terms with Cotch. Send Greenwood to Lambert and kill them at the source.

This can’t be our game plan, I can’t see the escape route for Moore to sprint to the bench with hamstring awareness. :(

I would play Moore.. possibly look at replacing Mayne.. and have our midfielders lift an extra cog re.. we can cover Mayne easily.

I would play Moore.. possibly look at replacing Mayne.. and have our midfielders lift an extra cog re.. we can cover Mayne easily.
I see it the same as you, except I’m inclined to lose Aish. Aish is the better player but I think Mayne is more capable of playing an impactful role. Aish is a bit foot soldiery, which you need but I don’t think he has the potential to turn a game for the good like Mayne potentially can with a defensive forward role.

Of course, having Goldsack in the side somewhat mitigates that though, as he can be used in that same way, which means maybe Mayne could be surplus.

I see it the same as you, except I’m inclined to lose Aish. Aish is the better player but I think Mayne is more capable of playing an impactful role. Aish is a bit foot soldiery, which you need but I don’t think he has the potential to turn a game for the good like Mayne potentially can with a defensive forward role.

Of course, having Goldsack in the side somewhat mitigates that though, as he can be used in that same way, which means maybe Mayne could be surplus.

I'm a fan of Aish.. liked him in the first half agst West Coast.. and didn't mind his game agst GWS.

Either way 50/50 for mine.. Aish/Mayne. I'd definitely play Moore though. Aish/Mayne it might end up going to the wire.. with Moore he might impact the game so much that we might have it won at 3/4 time.. you won't get that from Aish/Mayne.

And the anticipation and build up would be off the charts.. if it pays off.. my goodness.

Any reason you don’t see him playing right field? Just curious.
Have to be a decent right fielder to stop this.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back