Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - EF vs. West Coast Eagles - OS (Perth), Sat 03/10 @ 8:10pm AEST

Do you think we can win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally I’d be playing Daicos and Mayne forward and moving WHE and someone else To the wing.

We have flogged this horse and it’s become obvious we need to try something different.
No.. you don't change Daicos. one part that's not broken, you don't need to fix.

Ever the optimist in me, but when I break down the matchups, I am left really confident that we can go out and win this game.

Back
Moore VS Kennedy
Roughead VS Darling
Madgen VS Allen
Maynard VS Ryan
Crisp VS Cripps
Noble/Quaynor VS AhChee

We need to flip that Roughead/Moore match up from earlier this year. Moore shutting down Kennedy will be the key to us winning this game, he has always been a Collingwood killer, Moore must step up and dominate Kennedy in the air and on the ground. I expect Maynard to blanket Ryan and am otherwise very confident in Madgen, Crisp and Noble winning their respective match ups.

Midield

Grundy VS Naitanui
Pendlebury VS Sheed
Adams VS Hutchins
Greenwood VS Shuey
Treloar VS Kelly
Sier VS Redden
Mayne VS Gaff
Daicos VS Waterman

With no Yeo we really have the size in the midfield to dominate the contested ball. I expect Hutchins to go to Adams and Greenwood to go to Shuey. You then really need to back in Pendlebury/Treloar against Kelly/Sheed in head to head match ups. On the outside I would run Mayne in a defensive role against Gaff and let Daicos go to work on Waterman on the other wing. The defining match up is going to be Grundy VS Nic Nat... Nic Nat will do his damage in the middle so its crucial for Grundy to counter this by playing at his best around the ground as that spare midfielder.

Forward
Cox VS Barrass
Mihochek VS McGovern
DeGoey VS Sheppard
Hoskin-Elliott VS Nelson
Elliott VS Hurn
Thomas/Stephenson VS Jetta/Duggan

We have been saying it all season, but we must move the ball quickly to have any chance against this Eagles backline. DeGoey looms as the match winner and despite how good Sheppard has been all season, DeGoey has him on toast in a one on one setting. Mihochek must play high and he must be honored on the lead to draw McGovern out. Cox needs to either play as a bail out long option or be a complete decoy to isolate DeGoey.

Personally I’d be playing Daicos and Mayne forward and moving WHE and someone else To the wing.

We have flogged this horse and it’s become obvious we need to try something different.
Daicos isn’t any good up forward

Mayne has done a job on McGovern in the past, if I'm not mistaken.

Mayne has done a job on McGovern in the past, if I'm not mistaken.
He did, he also fumbled allot of opportunities up forward that game as well.

Ever the optimist in me, but when I break down the matchups, I am left really confident that we can go out and win this game.

Back
Moore VS Kennedy
Roughead VS Darling
Madgen VS Allen
Maynard VS Ryan
Crisp VS Cripps
Noble/Quaynor VS AhChee

We need to flip that Roughead/Moore match up from earlier this year. Moore shutting down Kennedy will be the key to us winning this game, he has always been a Collingwood killer, Moore must step up and dominate Kennedy in the air and on the ground. I expect Maynard to blanket Ryan and am otherwise very confident in Madgen, Crisp and Noble winning their respective match ups.

Midield
Grundy VS Naitanui
Pendlebury VS Sheed
Adams VS Hutchins
Greenwood VS Shuey
Treloar VS Kelly
Sier VS Redden
Mayne VS Gaff
Daicos VS Waterman

With no Yeo we really have the size in the midfield to dominate the contested ball. I expect Hutchins to go to Adams and Greenwood to go to Shuey. You then really need to back in Pendlebury/Treloar against Kelly/Sheed in head to head match ups. On the outside I would run Mayne in a defensive role against Gaff and let Daicos go to work on Waterman on the other wing. The defining match up is going to be Grundy VS Nic Nat... Nic Nat will do his damage in the middle so its crucial for Grundy to counter this by playing at his best around the ground as that spare midfielder.

Forward
Cox VS Barrass
Mihochek VS McGovern
DeGoey VS Sheppard
Hoskin-Elliott VS Nelson
Elliott VS Hurn

We have been saying it all season, but we must move the ball quickly to have any chance against this Eagles backline. DeGoey looms as the match winner and despite how good Sheppard has been all season, DeGoey has him on toast in a one on one setting. Mihochek must play high and he must be honored on the lead to draw McGovern out. Cox needs to either play as a bail out long option or be a complete decoy to isolate DeGoey.
I like everything you've written. The only other comment I'd make is, MUST clear the ball if Grundy wins the ruck.
We've been very poor at taking advantage of his dominance.

I like everything you've written. The only other comment I'd make is, MUST clear the ball if Grundy wins the ruck.
Every opposition coach is aware of his dominance and except for clubs like West Coast instruct the midfield to rove to Grundy.
That is very simple basic, basic, basic coaching 101.

Back
Moore VS Kennedy
Roughead VS Darling
Madgen VS Allen
Maynard VS Ryan
Crisp VS Cripps
Noble/Quaynor VS AhChee

Midield
Grundy VS Naitanui
Pendlebury VS Sheed
Adams VS Hutchins
Greenwood VS Shuey
Treloar VS Kelly
Sier VS Redden
Mayne VS Gaff
Daicos VS Waterman

Forward
Cox VS Barrass
Mihochek VS McGovern
DeGoey VS Sheppard
Hoskin-Elliott VS Nelson
Elliott VS Hurn

I don’t think Hurn will play on Elliot. If it happens, we should kick to him everytime. He should have Hurn for pace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every opposition coach is aware of his dominance and except for clubs like West Coast instruct the midfield to rove to Grundy.
That is very simple basic, basic, basic coaching 101.

That be beyond Bucks would do

With his dominance, he should be able to regularly do what Clark Keating did to us those many years back.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It doesn't matter about match ups on their backs, their zone is ridiculous and with McGovern coming back it just ties it together even better imo.

Unless it's brut.

A good mix of brut and odor.. toxic.. we'll have em jumping the fence re.
Move on from your Brut obsession mate, this is where it's at.

34ee5eaaff7987146ab06680f35d8c95

Brian-Fantana-60-of-the-time-it-works-every-time-Anchorman.gif

What annoys me is the Collingwood player running by him (WHE) could have received the handball. WHE could have ran to 50 and had a shot at goal or kick to De Goey. That play is tortuous.
Can’t say I am going to rewatch the last quarter any time soon. Don’t favour self harm

the first goal of the match for the Eagles and all the luck involved with it, was the deciding moment of the game

Back