Channel 7 commentary whinge thread 2018-19

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon if they were to get rid of Slater and Fleming, and stop interviewing the parents of players, there wouldn't be much to whinge about.

Expect maybe the touch screen.
Yeah Slater has disappointed me, been poor in the box this test. Flem I can deal with

Nannes would be great on the tests, even getting Tufnell on there wouldn’t be too bad

I reckon if they were to get rid of Slater and Fleming, and stop interviewing the parents of players, there wouldn't be much to whinge about.

You're forgetting McGrath who has the personality of a brick.

How Channel 7 could possibly have managed to assemble an even worse collection of commentators and analysts than the veteran numbskulls over at 9 beggars belief.

Glenn McGrath is not an articulate man. He could out-bore Ian Chappell.

Michael Slater is an absolute numpty, of all the commentators to have poached from 9, this guy would be your dead last choice, surely.

The Trent Copeland stuff is painful.

Damien Fleming needs to dial it down.

Did I imagine hearing Brayshaw? Please tell me it wasn't Brayshaw.

Alison Mitchell is just ok; Mel McLaughlin at least has the decency to look embarrassed for Slater and co. at times.

The way-too-streamlined scoreboard annoys me, give us a look at the full card occasionally; is 7 paying by the word?

How Channel 7 could possibly have managed to assemble an even worse collection of commentators and analysts than the veteran numbskulls over at 9 beggars belief.

Glenn McGrath is not an articulate man. He could out-bore Ian Chappell.

Michael Slater is an absolute numpty, of all the commentators to have poached from 9, this guy would be your dead last choice, surely.

The Trent Copeland stuff is painful.

Damien Fleming needs to dial it down.

Did I imagine hearing Brayshaw? Please tell me it wasn't Brayshaw.

Alison Mitchell is just ok; Mel McLaughlin at least has the decency to look embarrassed for Slater and co. at times.

The way-too-streamlined scoreboard annoys me, give us a look at the full card occasionally; is 7 paying by the word?
McGrath is at least inoffensive. The Copeland stuff doesn't really work, whether because its bland or needs more time than is available I'm not sure.

Get rid of Slater, send Fleming off to the BBL or horse racing, and its not that bad. Slater and Fleming together, though, * me that's truly Ninebad.
Mitchell seems to get stuck with those two a lot, and can't get a word in about the actual cricket. And for some reason Slater seems to be doing every second commentary stint. Its like Seven decided cricket needed a BT like *******, or maybe someone whose brain works on the same level as the Australian top six..

And missing the first ball of the over more than they should. Used to happen all the time in the Tennis and nothing’s changed.

And missing the first ball of the over more than they should. Used to happen all the time in the Tennis and nothing’s changed.

As has been mentioned before, because they aren't the host broadcaster, they're basically guessing how long the break between overs is going to be. Overseas broadcasters are in the same boat. Fox is the host, and because they have no ads between overs they aren't signalling for play to wait.

With the game drifting yesterday arvo, the crew (led by JB) actually didn't comment at all on one Lyon over.

The only sounds was Paine and Finch talking smack to Kolhi.

It was glorious.

I’ve enjoyed their over of stump mic, did it on day 1 as well.

I’d love to go back to the early days of active on Fox when you could just listen to the stump mic or the umpires only on NRL/AFL games

[QUOTE="Cursed_Cat, post: 59117726, member: 19944"
Michael Slater is an absolute numpty, of all the commentators to have poached from 9, this guy would be your dead last choice, surely.[/QUOTE]

first choice if you need someone to sell their soul for some cross promotion or act like a child

Having a spell off watching this while not having access to Kayo/computer.

Miss Ponting when he’s out the box, other analysts are ordinary

Annnnnnd mute.

Coverage when the game isn't being played continues to be an issue. What does foxtel do during the lunch break?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the go with Channel 7 commentary team at the ground calling it "Perth Stadium" while the people in the newsroom call it "Optus Stadium". Also when Ch 7 talk about "Perth Stadium" they show the graphic of the stadium with the Optus sign clear and centre.

Not a big deal, but I'm just curious.

examples please
The only examples I can think of is that he thought there was an edge behind yesterday when there wasn't and that he called an over one ball early today.
However, I think he is the best lead commentator at Seven, better than Brayshaw and Mitchell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back