List Mgmt. Christmas comes early (Nov 28 - 19 sleeps) - Draftee discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may have seen Curtain as a defender but he is genuinely a dual position tall forard or tall defender. He is often moved to suit the team balance.

When we have such good defensive stocks as we do now, there is no need to invest in Busslinger this year. BUT, and a big BUT, The Pieman has a desire for banking talls early and I am probably preparing myself for us to take The Bus.

I was fine with us taking Cadman at 2 (which was the talk and one of the reasons GWS went hard for 1. We do need another KPF but can wait a year. I see Jack Darling as very durable and we have some makeshifts in Jamieson, Waterman, Bailey etc to partner either Jack or Oscar.

There is another view. McGovern and Barrass are both capable of playing KPF. Why not shift one of them forward? It will extend Guv's career.

Aren't we drafting / investing for the future? Not for the now.

In 3 to 4 years time Barrass is 30.

Gov and Darling will be gone. Bazzo has and can potentially play forward.

If we are chasing another late 1st then Busslinger at 9 isn't a terrible choice.

Busslinger is a weird one for me

On one hand I recognise he’s the perfect long term replacement to Gov… Gov could very well retire at the end of 2023, he just can’t stay healthy, but even if he plays on, I can’t see him going past 2024.

By the time we’re good again Barrass will also be around aged 30, I have little confidence in Harry Edwards amounting to much, Bazzo I do like though, I think he’ll be a solid contributor for a long while.

The concern with Busslinger is that he isn’t a lockdown defender by any means and in my opinion, that’s what we lack down there, we have enough guys who can play an intercepting role.

I wouldn’t be angry if we took him at 8, but I’d definitely prefer a couple other guys who fill bigger needs and actually offer us something new.

On one hand I recognise he’s the perfect long term replacement to Gov… Gov could very well retire at the end of 2023, he just can’t stay healthy, but even if he plays on, I can’t see him going past 2024.
He played 20+ games from 2015-19, 12 games in the COVID-shortened season, 15 in 2021 and then 10 this year when it was clear we were putting cues in the rack early. I know he looks like he's being killed in every second game, but he's pretty durable.

We're keen on four WA players ..Busslinger, Ginbey , Hewett , Allan ...been reported past month .

Also our recruitment team mentioned they won't sway away from interstate recruits ( Clark ) if available so pretty much depends how the top 20 picks fall .

The four WA prospects and Clark I think most likely .

Eagles spoken to Sam Gilbey who has been injured and Broadbent also at lower picks also been reported so a few WA players .

We're keen on four WA players ..Busslinger, Ginbey , Hewett , Allan ...been reported past month .

Also our recruitment team mentioned they won't sway away from interstate recruits ( Clark ) if available so pretty much depends how the top 20 picks fall .

Eagles spoken to Sam Gilbey who has been injured and Broadbent also at lower picks also been reported so a few WA players .
We are the worst team in the comp for ground ball gets and post clearance contested possession. In others words we are butter fingers and shite below our knees. Hope these guys know how to hold onto a footy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He and Mitch Edwards are two, that this far out, I would be wanting us to acquire.

As it stands 2023 we have:

1x First
2 x Seconds
2 x Thirds

IMO: theoretically a perfect draft would be.

So a KPP, a Ruck then - two mids and a small FF.

We need help on every line for the rebuild and it’s going to take four drafts, this is the second.
So whilst Gunslinger would not be my preferred option this year, I won’t be getting my knickers in a twist if we draft him.
Just my view, I’d be wanting Curtin as your first pick next year. After that, it’s probably a combination of best available that fits needs.

By the time we’re good again Barrass will also be around aged 30, I have little confidence in Harry Edwards amounting to much, Bazzo I do like though, I think he’ll be a solid contributor for a long while.

The concern with Busslinger is that he isn’t a lockdown defender by any means and in my opinion, that’s what we lack down there, we have enough guys who can play an intercepting role.

I wouldn’t be angry if we took him at 8, but I’d definitely prefer a couple other guys who fill bigger needs and actually offer us something new.

I agree as a East Perth man I have watched so many of his games, he plays his own game,
lockdown is his biggest weakness at this stage and his skinny body

Where do you see Kaleb Smith ?
WCE have spoken to him more than any other club and where the first to show interest in him
I find him so hard to judge where we take him is he pick 26 ?
He has so much upside but not getting 5 clubs to nominate him for national testing does it mean he will slide ?

Sam Gilbey and Kaleb Smith would be upgrades on our current medium defenders
Kaleb would be ready round one to play

The problem i have with Jones is he is so bloody tiny .

He looks tiny vs other u18s he is going to get smashed vs real afl players .

175cm 63 kg !

The problem i have with Jones is he is so bloody tiny .

He looks tiny vs other u18s he is going to get smashed vs real afl players .

175cm 63 kg !
Whilst he needs to put on some weight, he's only 2cm shorter than Neale and 3cm taller than Masten, so it's not like he's a midget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back