List Mgmt. Christmas comes early (Nov 28 - 19 sleeps) - Draftee discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems very likely North are going to deal with GWS
Looks like it. The rumour is we give up 2 to norths get 8 from ports and 12 from GWS. I’d be happy with that. Ports get JHF and Rioli and give up pick 8 to us….maybe some loose change. Doesn’t look like Lions are gonna trade on Roberson so gives us 4 picks in top 30. Also possibility of trade into future which may affect that

Slept on it, the proposed deal still sucks harder than Brander as a first rounder.

Weak draft, yeah sure let's trade down to the type of pick the pie man took Brander with.

* off. Why are we even contemplating this?
Because our last flag apparently came from tanking so we want to be nice guys and rebuild slowly by middling out for a decade then make finals.

Saying that I'd be happy to get Phillipou and Hewett at 8 and 12.

Seem like safeish Eagle type picks (can picture Waters/Butler and Masten/Sheppard types)

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

"I've had a few interviews and they've all said the same thing to me – they draft players for a full career, not just a first year. So although it's not the best thing to happen, the learning curve from it as well can be beneficial and it takes the pressure off that first year," he said.

"You can get in and do the work you need to and also find out the game structures and things like that."

"I've had a few interviews and they've all said the same thing to me – they draft players for a full career, not just a first year. So although it's not the best thing to happen, the learning curve from it as well can be beneficial and it takes the pressure off that first year," he said.

"You can get in and do the work you need to and also find out the game structures and things like that."

I love Brayden George, he’s a clear top 10 talent that’ll slide a bit, if he’s there at 26 or even 20, we should of hesitate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For arguments sake we get picks 8 and 12, who is everyone's preference?

8. Phillipou, still think he could end up one of the best players in the draft. He's got the complete game for mine, Starr his career at half forward before becoming inside mid.

12. Hollands, love his two way running and 2nd and 3rd efforts. Combine that with his contested game and skill, lovely prospect.

8. Phillipou, still think he could end up one of the best players in the draft. He's got the complete game for mine, Starr his career at half forward before becoming inside mid.

12. Hollands, love his two way running and 2nd and 3rd efforts. Combine that with his contested game and skill, lovely prospect.
8. I’m all over Mackenzie if he’s there. Phillipou I’d like but more likely to be a pick at 12. Either of Clark or Humphrey slipping through I’d look at.

12. Any sliders but I’m happy with Hewett then Ginbey at this stage. Hollands does seem the next best option.

Interestingly someone asked PMbangers to rate in order both this draft and last draft. Here’s what he went with.

1. Daicos
2. Wardlaw
3. Ashcroft
4. Horne-Francis
5. Callaghan
6. Darcy
7. Tsatas
8. Gibcus
9. Cadman
10. Andrew

11. Sheezel
12. Mackenzie
13. Erasmus
14. Clark
15. Hobbs
16. Ward
17. Amiss
18. Busslinger
19. Phillipou
20. Humphrey

Wardlaw at 2. I like it. Hope Norf do the smart thing and take Cadman
Gibcus over Busslinger is a bit of a head scratcher.

For 8 - I have 3 options
1. Phillipou
2. McKenzie
3. Humphries

I wouldn’t be angry if we took Busslinger but do think we have bigger needs

For 12 (assuming none of the 3 I previously mentioned are there)
1. Hewett
2. Hollands
3. Ginbey

For 8 - I have 3 options
1. Phillipou
2. McKenzie
3. Humphries

I wouldn’t be angry if we took Busslinger but do think we have bigger needs

For 12 (assuming none of the 3 I previously mentioned are there)
1. Hewett
2. Hollands
3. Ginbey

I am a big fan of Hollands and think that he will be available at pick 12.
I think he is one of the hardest two way runners in this cohort. While he is a balanced mid I think his best work is on the inside and that’s a big call because I also rate his outside work.

For a bit of an unbiased reality check - I asked one of my mates who does some work in scouting for Other Clubs and is East Coast based who did he think had the best game style, to match what he believed West Coasts main need are and if we could take that player who would he suggest: He said Hollands.

I also asked him who he thought was the most underrated of the first round prospects: His answer Hotton.
That answer didn’t surprise me because IMO Hotton is so clean and so one touch.
I love kids that never fumbled the ball it’s a trait that allows them more time to both make better decisions with there disposal and makes them faster players.

I would really like to know just why Hewett has appeared to have stalled this season.
I know he has a had long Covid and I am hoping that’s the reason.
I like the way he goes about his football and on-a skill basis, I would take him before Ginbey.

One game that Ginbey played at the end of the season has stuck in my mind.
Colts East Perth v East Fremantle.
East Perth lost but needed to win to keep the finals hope alive.
Ginbey WOW he almost got the Royals over the line when he lifted his game to another level. He played as an inside mid and he had real grunt impact and managed to drift forward a kick a couple of goals.
It was obvious that he hated the idea of losing and his level of desperation was impressive, that’s team leading stuff and the sort of character that the Club needs and is short of.

Is Jed Walter available or locked to GCS as academy . With Daniel Curtin also prospectively better than Cadman then getting an extra 1st round pick next year looks a good deal .

Walter is GCS and will go very early they have him and Ethan Reid Ruck/ KPF also.
It’s why they are wanting future picks this trade period.
I believe that they have three players that could go first round next year, but at least two in Walter front end and Reid back end of the first round.

Walter is GCS and will go very early they have him and Ethan Reid Ruck/ KPF also.
It’s why they are wanting future picks this trade period.
I believe that they have three players that could go first round next year, but at least two in Walter front end and Reid back end of the first round.

I’m getting sick of only certain teams having these academies tbh, it’s so unfair

I am a big fan of Hollands and think that he will be available at pick 12.
I think he is one of the hardest two way runners in this cohort. While he is a balanced mid I think his best work is on the inside and that’s a big call because I also rate his outside work.

For a bit of an unbiased reality check - I asked one of my mates who does some work in scouting for Other Clubs and is East Coast based who did he think had the best game style, to match what he believed West Coasts main need are and if we could take that player who would he suggest: He said Hollands.

I also asked him who he thought was the most underrated of the first round prospects: His answer Hotton.
That answer didn’t surprise me because IMO Hotton is so clean and so one touch.
I love kids that never fumbled the ball it’s a trait that allows them more time to both make better decisions with there disposal and makes them faster players.

I would really like to know just why Hewett has appeared to have stalled this season.
I know he has a had long Covid and I am hoping that’s the reason.
I like the way he goes about his football and on-a skill basis, I would take him before Ginbey.

One game that Ginbey played at the end of the season has stuck in my mind.
Colts East Perth v East Fremantle.
East Perth lost but needed to win to keep the finals hope alive.
Ginbey WOW he almost got the Royals over the line when he lifted his game to another level. He played as an inside mid and he had real grunt impact and managed to drift forward a kick a couple of goals.
It was obvious that he hated the idea of losing and his level of desperation was impressive, that’s team leading stuff and the sort of character that the Club needs and is short of.
If we don’t split pick 2, we have

2,20,26,40, whatever we get for Rioli

Possible result if we do split pick 2

Choice between

- one of Cadman, Wardlaw, Tsatas, Sheezel plus what we can get in the lottery with 40 and the Rioli pick

- three of Hewett, Hotton, Hollands, Ginbey, Busslinger, Phillipou (or one of McKenzie, Clarke or Humphrey could slide)

I don’t know enough of the draftees to say if one of that first group is that far superior to those in the second group to go all in on one pick rather than spreading out across 3 players

Let’s just say I can see why the club is considering the option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back