List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there possibly a chance we grab Hill? Hill just said he doesn't want to go back to GWS at all, so if Essendon don't make a good offer could we swoop in?

Can players just say no to trades? Why didn't Treloar do that then?
He did in 2019. The situation in 2020 became untenable. He refused a trade to GC and instead went to the dogs.

You know, the funny thing with this is, despite it being clickbait to drag the interest out and media/clubs/managers linking us to a player, this year with Wrighty in charge I believe there is some background and indeed plausibility to the Pies swooping late on Hill.
I think the big difference is that there is no Eddie saying Sign Grundy no matter what, bring the father sons in no matter what and bring Beams in because he is a registered flog…love Eddie and for the record I didn’t want him to stand down. But that was his weak point and blind spot, heart of head at times. Most of the time it worked in our favour.

Let the bakers bake the bread, that’s what we are seeing now.

Why would you post this? The club can trade next year's first, not a problem.
AFL made a rule to protect clubs that you can't trade both your future first & second round picks.

At the time everyone thought it was to protect Freo, GC & GWS from themselves.....turns out it was bought in to protect us.....

I can’t quite comprehend how Hill is a better player than Lipinski.

potential? Maybe. But on current performances, Lipinsk is a much better player, and in my eyes, more of a sure thing in terms of becoming a long term servant of the club.

Hill has some tools, but he has trouble consistently getting involved in games, he has had games where he has basically been invisible - with 6 touches, no goals, 3 tackles/5 touches, 1 goal, 2 tackles/6 touches, no goals/7 touches, no goals, 1 tackle. These are pretty low numbers, even for a small forward. Averaged less than a goal a game and 9 touches over a pretty large sample size this season. Lipinski has had seasons averaging 21 and 18 disposals, in pretty decent teams with stacked midfields. While also dominating a much better standard of AFL reserves in the VFL. Much different roles, I see the excitement of potential within Hill, but Lipinski is much more of a sure thing of a solid AFL player imo

personally if i had the choice between the two, i’d take Lipinski.

Maybe i’m not seeing something & i’d benefit from you expanding on Hill being better than Lipinski
I respect your opinion but Hill is an afl quality player. Lipinski is borderline afl quality at best

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bobby hill doesn’t want to go back but only wants to go to Essendon.

Thats a shi||y part of town anyways.
. Ease up , it’s the centre of the universe 😊. Detest their club with great delight , but the roses 🌹 in Woodland st are a sight to behold

The pies should get involved to get a crazy good deal like this. Pick 13 and Bobby Hill for Elliot and picks etc to help your rebuild. You could trade pick 13 on draft night for a future first.
Why are you so desperate for us to trade our most potent goal kicker?

Ah wait. Richmond fan.

The pies should get involved to get a crazy good deal like this. Pick 13 and Bobby Hill for Elliot and picks etc to help your rebuild. You could trade pick 13 on draft night for a future first.
I agree with getting involved, but not the player. A fit Elliott allows DeGoey to play midfield. I’d consider Sidebottom instead, but suspect neither pies or giants would.

I’d be happy to give JT in any package to Giants if they want a ready made small fwd to cover Hill and the suspended Green for the start of next season.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back