List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely Collingwood couldn't justify sending the minor premier a ruckman and paying 200/300k of the contract.

That would be making a contender better and paying for it, I know we did it with Treloar but this just feels different.

If we can afford Taranto then surely we can afford Dunkley. Wish we’d be linked to him. He’s everything we lack in midfield
Would it be fair to say Dunkley is more outside than inside & we need an inside mid. Or am I mistaken?

There is no player I want more than Touk Miller. Speaks so well, plays so well, oozes leadership and class. Unfortunately extremely loyal.

*also the perfect midfielder we need

Best mates with Treloar, no chance he would ever come here
Treloar to this day speaks nothing but the highest of Collingwood and its players. Wright and McRae are steering the ship, neither of whom were there in 2020.

I have no information, only preferences.

1. Keep Grundy.

2. Keep De Goey.

3. Keep Henry.

4. Get a tough inside midfielder with pace and preferably good disposal. Do this by scrutinizing the lists of teams over supplied in the midfield and levering out the one on the fringe. See Lipinski.

5. Go to the draft.

6. Notice there is no mention of McStay or Hill. If we are compressed for salary cap, then don't buy players.
This ... Keep what we've got. Back in our existing talls, draft, keep our cap in good order and our powder dry.
I dont see us winning in a bidding war for Tarranto.... Even if we win him. Mcstay is bog average and will be way overpaid. No way he will be best 22 in his 4th5th contract years. A waste!.

Heard a grab from Buckley about McStay today.
Says he brings no pressure and is not much chop when the ball hits the ground..
Why are we into him?
Buckley has never liked key forwards, glad we’re moving away from his mobile forward nonsense and targeting one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No love for weiderman? Even Josh Bruce. May not cost a lot and potential keys?? Even down back where we’re undersized.

Weidemans a potato. Bruce a few years ago but not now.

Warming to McStay, I feel our style of play will suit him especially in 1 on 1 situations, obviously has great hands and strong overhead.

Checkers and McStay creating a contest while our smalls rove could be a nice combo with Johnson/Henry the 3rd tall.

Who knows, I'm backing GW, I just hope where not bringing him in and it's costing us a chance at Taranto or keeping Grundy.

Appreciate that, when I said he was gone, that wasn't the decision he wanted.

DeGoey had made it very clear he wanted to play for Collingwood but wasn't going to accept unders and he was essentially gone due to the board and Wright.

I follow him on social media, I can even see a change in him with regards to Collingwood and posting more team stuff through stories, I know a few had even pointed out on here how desperate he looked to stay.

I'm really really happy for him and hope he stays out of trouble because before Bali the last social drink he had was in the States, It's not like he was Bailey Smith going out every weekend the bloke had tried extremely hard to do all the right things.
I'm really happy. The thing with Jordy is that everyone who works closely with him seems to love him or are at least bloody good at pretending they love him.

So has he signed?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No not an official contract has agreed to terms in regards to money and has agreed to pretty much whatever terms are thrown in, (AFLPA might have to sign off on some terms)

Done at years end which explains the pathetic Saints probably having one last crack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back