List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It seems from all the players that are rumoured to be leaving GWS,
Taranto is the one they want to keep
Reports state GWS have two offers in front of Taranto... one for 2 years and one for 4 years. The 4 year offer came of the back of reports the Tigers and Pies were pursuing him... either way it has been in front of him for nearly 3 months. He parked it until the new coach was announced. It was reported he was meeting with Kingsley today and and answer is imminent

Still a bit to play out re Tim Taranto. Pies still have chance to pitch to Tim Taranto, and if he wants to get there the Pies will guarantee they'll make it work.

it's interesting whenever we chase one of their guys they are 'required' and we end up paying overs.
Yeah I think Dave Matthews had some sort of vendetta against pies or maybe Eddie. His brother was working at tigers I believe and they had hatched a plan for treloar to go there. But Pies gazumped them and he is bitter about it apparently. That’s my understanding anyway

Goes to show inaccuracy of Zero Hanger.

Trent Bianco hit a trigger and Calen Poulter doesn't exist. I can forgive the Poulter error but not Bianco's trigger.

A lot of attention being given to our list this off-season suggests there could be a shock trade or more players will be moving. The AFL would love a 100 player trades and several selection swaps with a massive Deadline Day Headline so Continental Tyres pays even more money next year. Deadline Day really should be televised, too. With BT to say "boy oh boy, wowweee" with every last minute deal.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 2.06.43 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 2.06.43 pm.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 103

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goes to show inaccuracy of Zero Hanger.

Trent Bianco hit a trigger and Calen Poulter doesn't exist. I can forgive the Poulter error but not Bianco's trigger.

A lot of attention being given to our list this off-season suggests there could be a shock trade or more players will be moving. The AFL would love a 100 player trades and several selection swaps with a massive Deadline Day Headline so Continental Tyres pays even more money next year. Deadline Day really should be televised, too. With BT to say "boy oh boy, wowweee" with every last minute deal.
The accuracy here on BF is always 100% though

Do you think perhaps he has mentally checked out knowing he is going?
definitely a possibility but i think its a red flag that neither giants coach this year gave him much time in the guts. i dont think his body is up to it anymore. happy to be proven wrong.

definitely a possibility but i think its a red flag that neither giants coach this year gave him much time in the guts. i dont think his body is up to it anymore. happy to be proven wrong.
i got a feeling if we miss out on Taranto that we already have a back up. I can't see us going into next year without another quality mid to the mix

i got a feeling if we miss out on Taranto that we already have a back up. I can't see us going into next year without another quality mid to the mix
You would think trading Grundy would have to be for the purpose of bringing in a quality mid. if we miss out on Taranto it will be interesting to see what happens. We are probably wanting Taranto to make a decision soon so we can look at other options if he chooses to stay at GWS or go to Tigers.

He averaged 25 possessions a game this year so he so he must have been given a fair bit of midfield time to achieve that.
sorry i meant centre square mid. he's a decent accumulator but i dont think he helps us much with our centre clearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back