Opinion Commentary & Media II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
funny how different people in the media report the same thing with a different spin,

Peter Ryan, The Age-
In: Sam Murray
ended up landing a pacy defender for next to nothing.

Gary Buckenara HS-
They’ve brought in Sam Murray from Sydney’s rookie list and overpaid for him. He’s got some talent but the reality is he was a smoky pick in the rookie draft two years ago and didn’t play a senior game for the Swans. To give up a second-round pick in next year’s draft to secure the deal — even though they’ve got a third-rounder back from the Swans — is baffling.

Would you expect anything less? He has outdone himself this time.

View attachment 430422
I think Damien Barrett had finally gone past Sam Newman as the most irrelevant media performer in the AFL.

Seriously, has anyone ever witnessed a longer and more sustained dummy spit?

View attachment 430422
Thats as blatant a troll as I have ever seen.
He knows hes riling up a few at the club and the supporters.
Blatant.

Its over Damo. No longer a North person period.

Did I miss sonething where Swallow was dumped/moved on? This arseclown has serious issues.

Pretty sure Spitta knows where he was at, and pretty sure Boomer is still around the club in some capacity.
We've still got the Boomer clinic anyway and I'm sure there's quite a few North boys running at VFL level who would be itching to play with our VFL side next year.

Hi Damo.

Your head. We own it.

Kisses.

You can put these are the opinions of the author as much as you like but the afl publishing this crap is just as bad

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dumb q I guess but...Can Boomer play in our seconds? Should this be looked at?

It's certainly an interesting idea. He's now played in a flag with his brother so that box is ticked and he'd be a terrific onfield mentor for the younger players so why not? Bear in mind though that he will be 40 next year.

View attachment 430422
I've taken a bit of a reserved approach with Damo. I don't doubt his North support in the past as a paid member as I found my name on the Box On Guernsey a few years back and his sits right below mine. I've usually taken the view that he's paid to provide a critical eye on all clubs, and not be a an embarrassing flag waver like Ralph / McClure / The Entire WA media etc. I know he's been negative on North for a while for a few reasons which hasn't bothered me at all.

However....

The above reads like a adult tantrum and he should be embarrassed as a journalist to write that about any club. I've seen Facebook melts that are more objective.

It's actually funny now and he reminds of this poster on here from a few years ago called Gogriff (?) who was a once true blue roo, converted to the Bullflogs, then cried about North Melbourne almost exclusively.

His arse was so impacted I'm surprised he could sit down to type.

Damo reminds of that guy.

10. The Kangaroos received a reality check
No luck with Isaac Heeney? Hardly a disaster. Failure on big-play moves for Josh Kelly and Dustin Martin? Annoying, slightly embarrassing, but bold. Rejection from Darcy Lang? This is starting to hurt, especially as Essendon and Port Adelaide became the newest destination clubs in the past fortnight. This Roo rebuild won't be a quick fix. There were no takers for veterans Andrew Swallow and Lindsay Thomas, who have a year left to run on their contracts, and a three-headed ruck problem remains that they never saw coming two years ago. Braydon Preuss' rapid development has created a headache, although the bigger issue is that Todd Goldstein wasn't a patch this season on his 2015 heights. And Majak Daw is still an injury-prone project, eight years after being drafted. Is North willing to take a salary cap hit to cut Thomas loose, and maybe Swallow, despite their contracted status, knowing they are advanced in age and no longer best-22 material?

By some campaigner called Marc (what a tosser name) Mcgowan

10. The Kangaroos received a reality check
No luck with Isaac Heeney? Hardly a disaster. Failure on big-play moves for Josh Kelly and Dustin Martin? Annoying, slightly embarrassing, but bold. Rejection from Darcy Lang? This is starting to hurt, especially as Essendon and Port Adelaide became the newest destination clubs in the past fortnight. This Roo rebuild won't be a quick fix. There were no takers for veterans Andrew Swallow and Lindsay Thomas, who have a year left to run on their contracts, and a three-headed ruck problem remains that they never saw coming two years ago. Braydon Preuss' rapid development has created a headache, although the bigger issue is that Todd Goldstein wasn't a patch this season on his 2015 heights. And Majak Daw is still an injury-prone project, eight years after being drafted. Is North willing to take a salary cap hit to cut Thomas loose, and maybe Swallow, despite their contracted status, knowing they are advanced in age and no longer best-22 material?

By some campaigner called Marc (what a tosser name) Mcgowan

“not a destination club” has become the late 2017 version of “cash strapped Roos” for the unthinking mouth breathing random cliche generating sheep campaigners that call themselves the AFL “media”

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back