Traded Confirmed Trade: Collingwood trade Sharrod Wellingham to West Coast for #17

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair trade all round.

Happy it got done relatively early and quick.

WCE got themselves a very good player.

Pies fans and club are happy to be heading to the draft with some early selections we haven't had access too in awhile.

Agree that Collingwood got the slight upper hand in this deal although WC would be starting to get a bit more desperate with a couple of their up and coming midfielders leaving and Kerr only getting older.

I think Collingwood did pretty well out of this. WCE also got a decent deal, Wellingham is a good player but 17 seems just a tad high for me. I was thinking somewhere around 25.

Is there much difference between 25 and 17 though if you really want the player? Their next pick isn't until the late 30s.

Was a pretty even and fair deal all round.
Good trade, really impressed with the all but one trade so far this period. teams not dicking each other around and getting win/win trades done.

Which trade were you unimpressed by?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally think pick 17 is a bit steep but I'd guess that West Coast next pick is late 30s. Though I think Brown plus 30 something would be a fair swap. Brown could be a good replacement for Tarrant.

I think that 17 was about spot on; however, he's probably worth more to teams in contention that teams in the middle of the field.

Personally think pick 17 is a bit steep but I'd guess that West Coast next pick is late 30s. Though I think Brown plus 30 something would be a fair swap. Brown could be a good replacement for Tarrant.
My first reaction as well. Did not think he was worth pick 17.
But the fans of the clubs involved seem to think it's fair which is all that matters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back