Covid thread, no other politics

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet she’s cashed in on every minute of overtime. You’re just doing your job and getting paid for it, fu** off with your cross elsewhere. People in other industries have lost businesses and homes. There’s been lots of time with no cases, SFA flu, other surgeries on hold and restrictions resulting in less in hospital overall.
Wow

Teachers the next on Victoria's mandatory vacc list. After health, I'd have thought emergency services would be next. But I see no mention of the police being on the list. Wonder if teachers will also be given a few days to get jab 1. Voted to not go back to the classroom during covid, not that it mattered, NAPLAN results improved during COVID.

And no tradies to fix the damage :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

fortunatecrow A "Dan" made disaster?

What a mess!

In one sentence Dan says freedom relies on vaccination rates and the next that rallies put this at risk. What do rallies have to do with the amount of people scheduled for a jab. Another funny one I read today was some dimwit minister or public service flunkey saying the police can't pick or choose which laws to enforce. And yet we know it wasn't that long ago that they did exactly this.

Now, for the record, I'm not equating the 2 reasons for matching/rallying, I'm just saying you lose your argument when you can't even remember doing exactly what you say you can't do on,y a year or so ago.

628 NEW COVID CASES IN VICTORIA, THREE DEATHS
Victoria’s case numbers have spiked again as the state recorded 628 new Covid cases overnight, along with three deaths.

View attachment 1243060

2 pools to run.

1. What date will Victoria's short and sharp lockdown crack 1,000 daily cases. Wednesday week after next.
2. At approximately what number will Victoria's daily cases rise to match NSW declining numbers. 920.

Thankfully the numbers in Vic and NSW seem to be stabilising and not growing exponentially.

Victoria continue to grow at a faster rate than NSW did as far as I'm aware. Your attitude to their numbers is much more relaxed than what was being said about NSW when there's were growing and how the only reason they were on that trajectory was because they stuffed up by not locking down sooner.

Victoria continue to grow at a faster rate than NSW did as far as I'm aware. Your attitude to their numbers is much more relaxed than what was being said about NSW when there's were growing and how the only reason they were on that trajectory was because they stuffed up by not locking down sooner.
You've also no doubt noticed the Canberra Public Service guy and the Bank teller and several others who were ever so vocal on the Gladys/NSW/LNP mess are steering well clear of this thread now the Andrews/Vic/ALP is turning into just as big a mess.

Initially yes, but the numbers appear to suggest that it seems to be slowing.

Victoria hit 400 cases a day at Day 36, NSW hit it at day 51 (15 day difference)
Victoria hit 600 cases a day at Day 46, NSW hit it as day 57 (11 day difference)

The other thing to factor in is that NSW grew massively after hitting 400 cases. It doubled from 400 cases to 800 cases in the space of 9 days (day 60) and then it hit 1000 cases a day by day 65.

In the space of 14 days NSW went from 400 cases per day to 1000, whereas Victoria hit 400 cases per day around 10 days ago and is now at 600 per day.

Initially yes, but the numbers appear to suggest that it seems to be slowing.

Victoria hit 400 cases a day at Day 36, NSW hit it at day 51 (15 day difference)
Victoria hit 600 cases a day at Day 46, NSW hit it as day 57 (11 day difference)

The other thing to factor in is that NSW grew massively after hitting 400 cases. It doubled from 400 cases to 800 cases in the space of 9 days (day 60) and then it hit 1000 cases a day by day 65.

In the space of 14 days NSW went from 400 cases per day to 1000, whereas Victoria hit 400 cases per day around 10 days ago and is now at 600 per day.
A hell of a lot more returning travellers/Aussie citizens came back to NSW than Victoria and way more people vaccinated before Victoria's latest outbreak than was the case with NSW's outbreak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A hell of a lot more returning travellers/Aussie citizens came back to NSW than Victoria and way more people vaccinated before Victoria's latest outbreak than was the case with NSW's outbreak.

By the same token the elderly and vulnerable were vaccinated in NSW when compared to Victoria's outbreak last year where there was no vaccine available, yet people are still trying to compare the two.

All comparisons to some degree are apples and oranges, yet people are continually trying to do it for political point scoring.

I posted graphs from the Age on page 2 which show a seven day average decline for NSW of 14.2% and an average seven day growth for Vic of 42%. If those trends continue, Vic will have higher case numbers around the end of next week.

Against that: exposure site numbers are falling although it is clear that not all sites are being posted, so the data is unreliable. Against that: we now have growing numbers of exposure sites in regional Victoria, Hamilton the latest, so we may see problems spreading through the state.

people are continually trying to do it for political point scoring.
Yes, as Mutineer was pointing out, the early political point scorers seemed to have disappeared now that the numbers are running against their narrative. There's some good or bad management in the numbers, but also some elements of luck too. That said, I'd prefer a lucky Premier to an unlucky Premier!

Yes, as Mutineer was pointing out, the early political point scorers seemed to have disappeared now that the numbers are running against their narrative. There's some good or bad management in the numbers, but also some elements of luck too. That said, I'd prefer a lucky Premier to an unlucky Premier!

How early are you talking, the whole political point scoring thing has been flip flopping from one side to the other since the original Victorian outbreak last year.

You've also no doubt noticed the Canberra Public Service guy and the Bank teller and several others who were ever so vocal on the Gladys/NSW/LNP mess are steering well clear of this thread now the Andrews/Vic/ALP is turning into just as big a mess.

I really think we should avoid referncing which party is in making the decisions. Especially seeing as all state governments thus far have absolved themselves of responsibility and are "just following the medical advice". None are any better than another in terms of taking into account anything other than whatever is required to eliminate the viurs based on decisions made by health bureaucrats.

I still don't understand mandatory vaccinations except in particular sectors ie Aged Care. What do we vaccinated have to fear from the unvaccinated? Seems like we'll all get it eventually, we vaccinated will be passing it around as well.
Which is why I don't understand the segregation or provisions like mask wearing in the future either.

Being fully vaxed I don't fear getting COVID at all.

Once all Aussies have had a chance to be vaxed, those unvaxed are on their own. Their choice.

Having a kid in Childcare, Gastro is more of a concern for me.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I posted graphs from the Age on page 2 which show a seven day average decline for NSW of 14.2% and an average seven day growth for Vic of 42%. If those trends continue, Vic will have higher case numbers around the end of next week.
766 today....that's +140. We might be crossing over before the end of next week

Looks like my thoughts that it was levelling out might have been a false dawn
Hard to know what is going on really, and it does bounce around day to day. Exposure sites as reported are consistently falling, so this *should* be an outlier, but I don't think we can trust the data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back