Roast Dear Customers (The I’ve lost my faith in KT thread)

Start the clean out?

• Sack him

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • SACK HIM!!!

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Jack Watts is more Port Adelaide than you

Votes: 26 78.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Doubt it. Club in a strong position financially.

If the crowd keeps going down next year we may see issues
Not really, when you consider we’ve spent hard against post-Oval gains.

The club has roughly 12,000,000,000 staff and its fingers in just as many pies.

Just on this, according to the club website Football Operations alone is now 40-strong - including 7 in List Management/Scouting/Recruiting in a “Victorian Office”.

Now, that’s not a bad thing by any means, but it’s an example of a commitment to a lot of paypackets and associated costs.

Doubt it. Club in a strong position financially.

If the crowd keeps going down next year we may see issues
We operate at a loss and have about $6m of debt, $4.5m due in 2021 and I’m assuming the rest due in 2020. We restructured that $4.5m this year with only a 2 year extension. Given the low interest rates and the fact we have no means of making capital repayments you’d imagine that means bank SA didn’t want a long term piece of us.

Just on this, according to the club website Football Operations alone is now 40-strong - including 7 in List Management/Scouting/Recruiting in a “Victorian Office”.

Now, that’s not a bad thing by any means, but it’s an example of a commitment to a lot of paypackets and associated costs.
The whole Hinkley gang work at the club these days don’t they?

Someone fetch me a broom.

His superiors would be the likely assumption. Can't offer much more insight than that unfortunately.
You are very probably correct. The Board turned against KT and his interpretation of the China Strategy when he went overboard on ‘community’, had nobody but Andrew Hunter to lean on, and as a result had zero basis on which to set out to the directors a healthy long-term revenue reward - the basis on which we went into China. KT has always been a sincere bloke but has shown entirely limited overall and vital business acumen.

The Board turned against KT and his interpretation of the China Strategy when he went overboard on ‘community’, had nobody but Andrew Hunter to lean on, and as a result had zero basis on which to set out to the directors a healthy long-term revenue reward - the basis on which we went into China.

2474226C-0B8A-4090-8BFC-112B3932945F.png

Didn't the sanfl make this appointment for us?
Yes, the SNAFL appointed KT as our CEO after they had Haysman sacked for rocking the boat and calling the SNAFL out on our atrocious stadium deal. At the time I, like a number of others, thought that KT was a plant with the role of overseeing the winding up of the PAFC.

What a great time that was. Rob Lucas let slip in State Parliament that Haysman was being sacked before the PAFC board even knew about it.

I have no doubt KT has always tried his best for us, but he is clearly burnt out, tired, devoid of ideas, demoralised by our on field performance as well as dealing with Koch/the Board and stretched too thin. His inability to land (or ability to lose if what I'm hearing is correct) sponsors is a major hole in his resume. China appears to be flailing.
Our finances are heading south. The supporter base is massively despondent. He's lost focus, doesn't have a clear direction and as such he's making things worse. Just needs to put his hand up and say that's it, I've tried my best, it's now somebody with new vigour and enthusiasms turn.

Melbourne, Australia (10 December, 2018)

Nissan has signed as the official automotive partner of the Hawthorn Football Club - one of the Australian Football League’s (AFL) power house teams - in a three year deal announced in Melbourne today.
Nissan’s sponsorship with Hawthorn officially commences from December 10 and gives the global automotive giant the opportunity to be involved with a successful, high performance team with a national presence.
Nissan’s relationship with Hawthorn is designed to build brand awareness, strengthen engagement opportunities in the community, and will help to market Nissan’s range of innovative vehicles to a wider audience across multiple buyer demographics.
“Nissan, and our Dealers, are delighted to partner with the Hawthorn Football Club; today is a great day for the Nissan brand in Australia,” said Nissan Australia managing director Stephen Lester.
“Like minded in our approach, Hawthorn is the family club that has the fans and its members at the forefront of everything that it does, and this mirrors Nissan and our Dealers who are committed to our customers – past, present and future.
“This partnership enables Nissan to engage with AFL fans nationally and sustain our presence in the market. It represents an exciting opportunity.”
The Hawthorn Football Club is excited to welcome Nissan to its family and is looking forward to success in the years ahead.
“Nissan are an incredibly well-respected brand across Australia and the globe, and we are thrilled to be working with them in what is an exciting time for our club heading into 2019,” said Hawthorn chief executive officer Justin Reeves
“Nissan’s company ethos aligns closely with what our club stands for, with both organisations striving for the highest quality and success in everything we do.”
The sponsorship incorporates a range of entitlements including Nissan branding on the team shorts and coaches’ apparel, Hawthorn media backdrop and change room signage on game day. The sponsorship also provides Nissan with activation opportunities at home games, branding at the MCG and at games held in Tasmania, and access to corporate facilities - including the creation of the Nissan Lounge at the MCG.
Including Nissan ambassadors from the senior coaching and AFL playing group - which will be announced in due course - the relationship also extends to the Box Hill Hawks in the Victorian Football League (VFL) and Hawthorn’s women’s team, in the Victorian Football League Women’s competition (VFLW).
Nissan has a history of AFL involvement. It was most recently a major sponsor at Richmond Football Club between 1998 and 2002, then returned to the Tigers in 2009 and 2010.
Nissan is an active sponsor of elite Australian sport, with the auto maker also supporting Melbourne City Football Club (A League) and Netball Australia
I hope Hawks sink in hell and Nissan with them. There.

I have no doubt KT has always tried his best for us, but he is clearly burnt out, tired, devoid of ideas, demoralised by our on field performance as well as dealing with Koch/the Board and stretched too thin. His inability to land (or ability to lose if what I'm hearing is correct) sponsors is a major hole in his resume. China appears to be flailing.
Our finances are heading south. The supporter base is massively despondent. He's lost focus, doesn't have a clear direction and as such he's making things worse. Just needs to put his hand up and say that's it, I've tried my best, it's now somebody with new vigour and enthusiasms turn.

Yay

KT is burnt out because the board is ****ed.

Anyone is going to get burnt out and disenchanted bashing their head against a brick wall.

There is no point replacing the CEO and leaving the board. None.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

People need to be realistic about major sponsors. We simply do not provide value for money by way of comparison to literally every other club in the league, GC and GWS aside - and most of the reasons why are not within the control of the club's administration.

There's a reason we're in China. That's where our sponsorship growth needs to come from.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People need to be realistic about major sponsors. We simply do not provide value for money by way of comparison to literally every other club in the league, GC and GWS aside - and most of the reasons why are not within the control of the club's administration.

There's a reason we're in China. That's where our sponsorship growth needs to come from.

We’ve had an unusually good run with nationally televised games this year. Haven’t done a lot with them.

And making the odd final would help.

That's fine for in general, but the club shitting the bed with an 'all but signed' second sponsor is another kettle of fish. And only makes Lockhart Road 's feedback on how we are mismanaging China all the more damning.

We’ve had an unusually good run with nationally televised games this year. Haven’t done a lot with them.

And making the odd final would help.

Um, we've had 4/14. There are AFLW teams who have been nationally televised more than we have this year. It's a diabolical situation.

Reckon GWS' sponsors are far more impressive than ours and nobody even supports them.

Um, we've had 4/14. There are AFLW teams who have been nationally televised more than we have this year. It's a diabolical situation.

That’s 4 more than we got in 2004 (finals excluded).

Rest assured our sparkling footy will see that number decline in any case.

Edit: wait, I think the game against Collingwood where Tredrea obliterated Clement at the MCG late in the season went national in primetime.

Reckon GWS' sponsors are far more impressive than ours and nobody even supports them.

GWS are sponsored by Virgin Australia. Do you know of any other organisation within this industry that are sponsored at a high level by Virgin Australia? And what is that organisation's relationship with GWS?

That's why I get so antsy about not even having our sponsor's product in the box. Give them some value for their money for heaven's sake, instead of creating free publicity for a competitor.

Heard it was Nissan.
I was told by a 2 or 3 decade long coterie member back in November 2017, that we were talking to Nissan trying to replicate the Renault sponsorship and we had not yet terminated Stephen Hunt's employment, the guy we employed who would talk to members about the car requirement and then do deals for them with Renault dealerships and saw that we got paid the commission on the deal.

Kt said that this years inconsistency has nothing to do we previous years and he doesnt buy that as a reason because the coaches and players are different this year.

**** me dead , just leave you have got no clue mate

18 of this week's 22 were at the club last year. And the senior coach is in his 7th year at the helm.

But OK.

From day 1 they have had strong corporate support. If you regularly watch the Wookie's list of stats breaking down of club figures, they were middle of the pack for corporate $$$, by their 3rd year. It helps there are plenty of national companies HQ in Sydney that they can easily go talk to the key decision makers. GC are the opposite to GWS re corporate support.

Back