Analysis Decisive win over Lions. Pies by 62

Remove this Banner Ad

The team looked like they wanted that win badly. The machine looked well oiled
Three exceptional quarters

Grundy in AA form again
Treloar had his own ball
I like the combo of Stevo going deep forward when JDG goes on the ball, we win in both positions
Moore and Crisp are killing it in defence

Anzac day should be fun

By the way, Dayne Zorko is a massive flog and it feels good knowing he's closing in on 200 games wthout playing a final. Easily the worst captain in the competition and an all round s**t bloke.

This five minute highlight video displays countless thug acts and cheap blows, none worse than at 1:28

Eat s**t flog. Worst Dayne to ever captain Brisbane.
Didn't get a chance or work out why our player went down. The commentary ignored it. Bet you he doesn't even get cited.

So good, everybody did bloody well. Good to see Treleor lift. Brown had a breakout game.

I loved our midfields work last night. We maintained more space at the stoppages and didn't allow ourselves to get too congested.

Treloars best game. His run, carry and delivery first rate.

Adams is a really good field kick forward half because he has the awareness to create space and balls to hit a hard kick. Something I wish he wouldn't risk back half. It's funny the same thing that makes him good at one end makes him a liability at the other.

Pendlebury kept Lyon out of it too and had some nice cameos in possession.

I'm also liking the 3qtr JDG cameo on ball. Two centre clearances, two goals, game over.

What a way to start the long weekend!

Didn't get a chance or work out why our player went down. The commentary ignored it. Bet you he doesn't even get cited.
Tay Adams by the looks. He had a bloody good game. That should be worth at least a week.

Best all round team performance of the year for us, obviously. Midfield looked good, working together, and their offensive and defensive running. Lions only having just over 40 inside 50's, shows how we controlled the game.
Moore is the AA CHB at this stage, hopefully he can get through the year unscathed. The run and carry of Crisp brilliant.
Loved the forward setup, with Stephenson playing his 2018 role, just made a huge difference, and the whole forward setup just looked like scoring every time.
Loved Callum Brown's game, looks like the boy just maybe finding his feet at AFL level.

Was weird to see the second half being an almost exact replica of the first.

10 goal first quarter
3 goal second quarter
10 goal third quarter
3 goal last quarter

So basically we flex. Lions do their best to minimise damage. Then after thinking they have it under control, they try to open up and we smash them again, so they close back up again lol.

Speaking of dog acts what was with Rich diving into our players legs all night?
He’s been watching our season to date and has worked out that if the umpire blows his whistle for contact below the knees, no matter who is involved, the free kick will not be going to Collingwood. Bonus 50m may also be available*

*Please read the T & Cs.

He’s been watching our season to date and has worked out that if the umpire blows his whistle for contact below the knees, no matter who is involved, the free kick will not be going to Collingwood. Bonus 50m may also be available*

*Please read the T & Cs.
That’s the laughable thing we’ve had so many paid against us and it took until the most obvious one for it to get paid for us... all began on Queens bday last year with Adams

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take away a few silly give away the ball
Actions, was a very strong performance.

Starting to find out mojo.

The Bears hype bubble:

giphy.gif
No.
Needs to be playing.

I’m away and only caught the last quarter on TV. Can’t say it was champagne football.:oops:

But I believe you all about the first three quarters - especially 1 and 3 - and will watch the replay.

Then onto Anzac Day for my least favourite game of the year. For lots of reasons, but mainly due to the presence of Essendon fans, in their droves. They are the worst supporter group for me. Completely nutty and delusional.

Speaking of dog acts what was with Rich diving into our players legs all night?
That one on Stevo was really poor. Could easily have damaged a knee.
The whole Brisbane team were trying to play ‘unsociable’ footy. All that achieved was giving away silly free kicks.
Also, Hodge should retire immediately. Embarrassing.

I’m away and only caught the last quarter on TV. Can’t say it was champagne football.:oops:

But I believe you all about the first three quarters - especially 1 and 3 - and will watch the replay.

Then onto Anzac Day for my least favourite game of the year. For lots of reasons, but mainly due to the presence of Essendon fans, in their droves. They are the worst supporter group for me. Completely nutty and delusional.
Watch the replay on AFL live. Also, ANZAC Day is awesome! Can’t wait.

I commented during the game day thread that I liked the effort of the players after they had made a mistake. You often saw that player in the next play rectifying that mistake. There were times over the last few week when a mistake was made that the player involved would stand flat footed and just watch the ball leave the area.
By the way the season is unfolding it really looks like the late start to training has had an effect. Still rusty but the effort, skill and plan that saw a GF appearance is stuttering to life.
I think we also saw the issue of Elliot and DeGoey in the forward 50 last night. Think Elliot came to life when DeGoey was further up the ground. Nice problem to have.

What a great win by the Pies. Finally we lowered our eyes when going into fwd 50 like we did last year.

Also good call by that poster that said Mihocek should be dropped a couple of weeks ago.

I think you raise a good point regards our forwards. There are only so many inside 50's, even on a good day.

We have Thomas, Stevo, Billy, Checkers, Cox, Degoey and on ballers that move through there at different tines of the game (WHE still to come).There will be games because of the talent that a couple of players will get more than their fair share and others a smaller bite in some games.

Just relax with the drop Checkers, Stevo etc.Just by the finite numbers of inside 50's some will have quieter weeks than others. Including playing a role against a particular team. Example Stevo up the ground rather than his preferred from the square.
I was worried about Cox last night because he doesn't do well in slippery conditions, but we used him differently and others around him differently than say the Geelong game. We knew he wouldn't dominate in the air. Most would say he was quite but i thought he was key to our structure forward last night and therefore the opportunities others got as a result.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back