Review Dees v Demetriou's Love Child: the Good, Bad & Fugly - Rd 23, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Moving to Hobart will be the best thing you ever did. Welcome :)

Loved it so far. Managed to actually get a pay rise to move here. Renting in West Hobart 500m from the office. Paying a bit more in rent than other places in Hobart but still way less than what you'd pay in Melbourne to be able to walk to work, have water views and a back yard!

Lifestyle is off the charts here

We're moving down in late October - enough time to see us win the flag and celebrate for a few weeks, then make the move. :D

There was one point where Melksham gave away a free kick for a high tackle in the middle of the ground during a vicious gang tackle and I didn't even care about it being a free kick. Was just a big statement, if you're going to get the ball against us you have to earn it!

Finals like tackling pressure, hope we can carry on that level of intensity into finals.

Also, after Spargo copping flack thought his hands were beautiful, set up a few goals just by having awareness beyond his years.

Good time for Weid to show what his made off! Hoping that goal he kicked from 45 on an angle will give him some confidence in front of the sticks.
No problems with Weideman's goalkicking really - he's a very good set shot, but rushed some of his field shots v WCE, which I didn't really mind because it showed he's ready to play on impulse.

First things first:

tenor.gif

Seriously, how soft are the WCE mods/board smh

Secondly, moving onto yesterday:

-Good:

Weid - played a great game (yes, I'm more than happy to eat crow). Wasn't convinced after last week but he had me genuinely excited yesterday. Well done son. :thumbsu:

Vanders - I just love bloke, so rapt for him after going through a really tough period with the injury and his old man. Reminiscent of our very own Jacob Townsend from last year, came in late during the year after spending plenty of time on the sidelines through injury and played a massive role for his team in a premiership side ;)

Harmes - Just wow, taken his game to a whole nutha' level

JKH - Best game I've seen him play for us ever. Pressure was fantastic and used the ball well, genuinely shocked at well he played yesterday. Would still drop him in a heart beat if we had a genuine replacement but I'm not sure we do right now. If he can repeat that performance in two weeks time id be over the moon.

Frost - No words. Just emoji's :hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

Petracca - Reckon he might be finally finding some form at the right time, 2nd half last week and this week were what I'm expecting from him. Still needs to tidy up his disposal some.

-Bad (but kind of good):

Injuries to Kent and Tyson, luckily we the perfect replacements for them in Viney and Hannan. Like for like and an upgrade on each.

Injuries to Kent and Tyson, luckily we the perfect replacements for them in Viney and Hannan. Like for like and an upgrade on each.
Agreed that Viney is an upgrade on Tyson. But Hannan as an upgrade for Kent would cause some debate.

Just as long as it aint Garlett, I'm happy.

Agreed that Viney is an upgrade on Tyson. But Hannan as an upgrade for Kent would cause some debate.

Just as long as it aint Garlett, I'm happy.

Kent's best is probably better than Hannan's but Kent plays in patches, he will barely be sighted in some games. Hannan's floor is much higher than Deano's.

Credit to JKH, backing back and stopping a mark inside 50 when he could have been smashed was fantastic to see.
Hmmmm on the other hand, everyone’s (including mine) love child frosty pulled out of one that he should not have early in the second that lead to a GWS goal.... at least from where I was sitting.

Yes. I remember that one. It was Frost was it? I thought it was Fritta.

That was soft.
I remember that too, looked like he just let it go rather than try and spoil.
It was frost and yeah he looked set to spoil but there was gonna be a pretty heavy impact and he pulled right out from where I was sitting.

Yeah he played a great game that covers it up, and even though I played +100 senior games, I don’t blame him.

Maybe I’m getting old, but I sat on the fence with my son at the GC game and I don’t remember the hits being THAT hard.

That said remember Pedo pulling out in his first year? He was smashed by the media (and us).

Yeah he played a great game that covers it up, and even though I played +100 senior games, I don’t blame him.

Maybe I’m getting old, but I sat on the fence with my son at the GC game and I don’t remember the hits being THAT hard.

That said remember Pedo pulling out in his first year? He was smashed by the media (and us).
yeah that pedo one was pretty shocking - pretty much on his own in the square from memory and just heard the proverbial footsteps

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah that pedo one was pretty shocking - pretty much on his own in the square from memory and just heard the proverbial footsteps
i thought it was in the middle of the ground

Finally got to watch (most) of the game last night. Far too many "goods" to list so just wanted to give special shout outs to some innocuous things that showed me the side has a determination and resolve that has been significantly lacking in the past. Whether it holds up for another month is an entirely different question :think:

- JKH going back with the flight to get a fist in and get the ball out of bounds. I'll be honest, I didn't think he had that kind of thing in his kit bag
- AVB being a human wrecking ball, even when it's his teammate... Yes there is a risk of damage but that is just desire for the footy that you can't buy
- Lewis' Harlem Globetrotters paddle (can't remember who was the beneficiary). He is and has always been in our best 22
- Frost continuing on to lay a shepherd (well more of a lunging push) after a scintillating run from half back. Was well within his right to put the cue in the rack after running 50m but pushed on and did the team thing. Actually laid a couple of other blocks later on which were very impressive too
- Not so much a determination thing but how bloody good was Clarrys left handed bounce. He does a lot of grunt work but I think there is some silk under there too. God that was sexy to see

Now to see if MCC members have the same shambolic crush for tickets that club members are currently going through... Fingers crossed....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back