Review Dees v Dogs - the Good, Bad and Fugly - Woof! - Round 11, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I bumped into tommy Bugg this week and he reckons Dogs by 28 - I believe him. Share your thoughts after the game
Buggy at least got the margin correct.

Last edited:
Had a ten minute “heated discussion” with my father in law who insisted the sport was actually rugby. He saw a few minutes of a game last time I was here two years ago. So, he’s kind of an expert.
This win picked me up again after the disappointment of seeing the Caps eliminated by the Bruins.

I used to live in Altona. Nice place until the peak of summer when every scum rat from the far western suburbs would descend upon the beach front.

Lovely place for the other 3 quarters of the year though.

Yeah Pier Street turns during Summer. The teenagers are like a colony of ants crawling from the beach to the charcoal chicken shop.

Since getting my dog I mainly go to the dog beach at that time anyway so you avoid the worst of those crowds.

Good to see the boys understand there is more to pressure than tackle stats. Best forward pressure I remember seeing from us, yet a really low actual tackle count.

The forward half turnovers won us that game

Loved that while Salem and Langdon probably had their quietest games of the season we had Brayshaw, Harmes and Petty playing their best. Really great full team performance.
Salem had 2 ludicrous handballs over his head while spinning 360 that went directly to Dogs players. I hope he doesn’t try it again anytime soon.

Salem had 2 ludicrous handballs over his head while spinning 360 that went directly to Dogs players. I hope he doesn’t try it again anytime soon.

He seemed off all night. Reminded me of old Salo. Trying to be too cute.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see the boys understand there is more to pressure than tackle stats. Best forward pressure I remember seeing from us, yet a really low actual tackle count.

The forward half turnovers won us that game

How switched on we were with our zone defense when the dogs had the ball in the back half was very impressive, whichever way they looked they couldn't find space. Tried switching and taking on the game numerous times only to find dead ends or turnovers.

Clarry has gone to a new level for mine. Has a strange new look on his face like he’s realised he’s as good as Bont, Danger et al. BOG or close to it past month. Starting on ball AA lock in.

Been unbelievable.

Oliver-Petracca is a handy duo.

I remember attending a Dees-Dogs game at Etihad years ago. A young Bont kicked goal of the year and we lost in a close one. Both teams were garbage and the crowd was so dismal that I reckon I could've called out to someone in the opposite stand.

Fast forward several years and we've just beaten the Dogs in a top of the table clash. The irony is that there were even less spectators than last time, but we can safely assume that there would've been a fair crowd last night had circumstances permitted.

There's been a few hiccups along the way and we haven't achieved anything substantial yet, but I'm loving the turnaround of this club.

Great team performance, Clarry & Trac had their most complete combined games of the year, great forward pressure, our talls all contested well (even though Weid & LJ had very quiet games).

It wasn't a perfect game and there were some sloppy mistakes, but our defensive structure was huge.

Lever was massive, May was a little off but still good, Petty was rock solid.

Gawn still a bit off recently, but always a handy player.

Only bloke in trouble is Melksham, just looks like he's a couple of steps slower than everyone else out there at the moment.

Fritsch was unstoppable, dogs had no matchup for him. Should have kicked 5 or 6.

Was ultra clean all night with his disposal too around the ground which was nice, kicked a beautiful pass back into the corridor after taking a mark on the wing that he would not see most of the time to Spargo in he first quarter. Could see he was on very early.

Fritsch was unstoppable, dogs had no matchup for him. Should have kicked 5 or 6.

Was ultra clean all night with his disposal too around the ground which was nice, kicked a beautiful pass back into the corridor after taking a mark on the wing that he would not see most of the time to Spargo in he first quarter. Could see he was on very early.
Fifth most accurate shot on goal in the comp now too, who’d have thought.

Fifth most accurate shot on goal in the comp now too, who’d have thought.

I really have been appreciating his work more recently since sorting that mess out. Credit to him , no doubt he's worked hard on it to turn it around. 👍

I really have been appreciating his work more recently since sorting that mess out. Credit to him , no doubt he's worked hard on it to turn it around. 👍

All mental for him (similar to Weid missing that 3rd shot), he's got a great technique just needs the repetition and build confidence.

All mental for him (similar to Weid missing that 3rd shot), he's got a great technique just needs the repetition and build confidence.

I think he has tinkered with it a little bit, seems to hunch over a bit more on his approach recently to keep him ball drop a bit lower, he used to lean way back on his approach from what I remember....

Maybe I'm seeing things?

I think he has tinkered with it a little bit, seems to hunch over a bit more on his approach recently to keep him ball drop a bit lower, he used to lean way back on his approach from what I remember....

Maybe I'm seeing things?

You might be right, but I think it was more to do with a lack of focus/process under pressure. I reckon he'd kick them from everywhere at training.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back