Review Dees v the Blood-Stained angels: the Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Brothers, I have sought omens all week. No certitude is at hand. There might be salvation but not for us. With malice toward none with charity for all with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right let us strive on to finish the work we are in to bind up the post 1964 wounds of the Dees, to care for the Unknown Demon players who have borne battle and for their widows and orphans ~ to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all Clubs and a fourteenth premiership in hand. All well and goods: Swans by 36 points

Good: My bet on the swans came good, I turned off the match at half time - 10 intercepts to 1 and still losing, was pretty clear the Swans were going to run over.

Another good - have experienced a recent premiership. Might pull out the dvd and watch it a couple of times.

Ugly: Stupid Steven May. Melksham for halving the number of brain cells in May’s head after entrecote.

Good: My bet on the swans came good, I turned off the match at half time - 10 intercepts to 1 and still losing, was pretty clear the Swans were going to run over.

Another good - have experienced a recent premiership. Might pull out the dvd and watch it a couple of times.

Ugly: Stupid Steven May. Melksham for halving the number of brain cells in May’s head after entrecote.
Are you ******* daft? May was our best on ground by a country mile.

The good:-
May played a great game except for a few mins when he got sucked in.
Fritch and Spargo had been great as well.

The bad:-
Brayshaw needs to play on the wing he is a smart player but is bog average on kicking (and always has been).
I think Petracca needed to be subbed as he offered little to nothing after that cork.

The ugly:-
This was just the same game over the last several rounds except for the lions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May, Oliver, Petty and maybe a couple of others were good. Lots of players down on their usual output. Extremely fumbly and erronous with ball in hand for most of the game (Sydney's pressure was good, but expected in a final).

Maybe unfair to single out role players like ANB and melksham but they (and others) had horror moments when we should have closed the gap.

Too many ego's getting in the way this season.

Oli's constant fumbling, and dropping the pill cold, without being tackled.
Viney's fumbling.
Petracca hasn't been the same since he was equal with Oli for the brownlow, mid season.
Max just outgunned.
Lever poor for a lot of the game.
Salem poor throughout.

Bloody frustrating but I think there’s some reasons to be positive. Swans are a premiership calibre team and we had more than enough chances to be in front.

We’ve kicked 5 goals after quarter time when we’ve had enough chances to have kicked 12. Last quarter alone we burned 4 simple chances and that’s the difference in the game.

Bowey has to play, we need to be able to use the ball better. And sorry Melk but we need to roll the dice on Smith, Chandler or even Van Rooyen to do better than that. We’re fourth favourite at best for the flag right now, we need some spark and a point of difference and I’d prefer to go down doing something different than the same frustrating poor forward line all year.

Good: Oliver was fantastic. Petty really good.
We played plenty well enough to be confident vs Brisbane.

The good:-
May played a great game except for a few mins when he got sucked in.
Fritch and Spargo had been great as well.

The bad:-
Brayshaw needs to play on the wing he is a smart player but is bog average on kicking (and always has been).
I think Petracca needed to be subbed as he offered little to nothing after that cork.

The ugly:-
This was just the same game over the last several rounds except for the lions.
We haven't been the same since Bray moved away from the wing.
He used to give us width, and depth in defence from his wing spot.

We flourished with his great form off the wing, last year.

Good: We play Brisbane next up. Should be able to book a spot in the prelim - only problem is we probably have to get through Collingwood in the prelim....

You look at how the swans move the ball then you watch us bomb it to the HFF 17 times and then Jayden Hunt misses a pass to Brown who is 20m in the clear. Guys like ANB Hunt Harmes all work their arse off but the difference between us and the swans is their ball movement is much braver.

Found plenty of ways to lose tonight. As per usual we couldn’t get a look going forward. We also got rolled in clearances on the second quarter after being three goals on top. And every time we worked up any momentum we gave away a stupid goal from a free or 50, or let them arse one with a ping from a forward stoppage.

Bloody frustrating but I think there’s some reasons to be positive. Swans are a premiership calibre team and we had more than enough chances to be in front.

We’ve kicked 5 goals after quarter time when we’ve had enough chances to have kicked 12. Last quarter alone we burned 4 simple chances and that’s the difference in the game.

Bowey has to play, we need to be able to use the ball better. And sorry Melk but we need to roll the dice on Smith, Chandler or even Van Rooyen to do better than that. We’re fourth favourite at best for the flag right now, we need some spark and a point of difference and I’d prefer to go down doing something different than the same frustrating poor forward line all year.

Good: Oliver was fantastic. Petty really good.
We played plenty well enough to be confident vs Brisbane.

Yes they need to be confident against Lions but not consider it a given win (I know you are not saying that it is an automatic win).

I firmly believe Melbourne can then beat Collingwood or Geelong in the next game BUT they have to have a long hard look at themselves first and make some hard choices with the team selection.

He might be a flog but I thought May was close to your best. (And Oliver of course.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back