Review Dees v the Suns - the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Harmes played alright. Maybe it looked better because of how bad he was last week?
18jRdu7.jpg

I think we’re all in agreement there’s no way in hell Hunt gets a game if we have even two thirds of our defenders available.

Problem is we’re getting another injury/re-injury every week down there.

Pleased to read some think there was a reason we were just bombing it inside 50 all night.

Take the points and run. Somewhat of a professional win in that we weren’t at our best, but did enough to beat a potentially dangerous opposition in greasy conditions. An early season GC is a different team to a late season GC as we have seen over the last few years.

Petracca, Jackson, Bowey and May carried the team big time.

Gawn looks out of form through 2 rounds. His marking is no where.

Hunt needs to do the opposite of whichever option he thinks he should take.

Umpiring was horrific both ways. Apparently one step forward after a mark is play on…

I wasn't as disappointed with the win as everyone else.

GC are strong at the start of the year and Rowell-Miller is a fantastic 1-2 being fed by Witts. Throw in the munted conditions and our form with crap teams and this was a classique "danger game".

We were sluggish early but did what we had to with a mature performance. Showed good game sense and barely got out of 2nd gear, this is what good teams do. No point spending all your tickets on a humid night up on the Goldy.

Backline is still very much bits and pieces with Hunt in abysmal form, Riv returning from injury and Smith/Thommo/Brayshaw back there. We soaked up I50s well for the most part.

Dogga and Bowey literally kept us in it in the first half. Trac ominous but needs to kick those goals. Kozzie working back into some form - that goal was unreal. Nibbler playing up through the middle is another string to his bow, very composed.

At no point did I really feel worried. Was an entertaining Saturday night in watching our younger players stand up

Was a bit closer than what I would have liked but going by Godwin's press conference sounded like we were happy to put the cue in the rack in the last and just defend. Still would have preferred to get those pickett and trac goals to make sure of it.

Missed 75% of the game as I was out, but was impressed by Howey. Very composed down back and not afraid to put his body on the line.
Hunt was very ordinary. Some terrible skill errors.
Trac and Clarry looked good in the last. ANB surprisingly clean and May and Smith were organised as the goalkeepers.
Would've been nice to put a couple of those chances in the last away to make it more comfortable but happy with an ugly win in s**t conditions.

I wasn't as disappointed with the win as everyone else.

GC are strong at the start of the year and Rowell-Miller is a fantastic 1-2 being fed by Witts. Throw in the munted conditions and our form with crap teams and this was a classique "danger game".

We were sluggish early but did what we had to with a mature performance. Showed good game sense and barely got out of 2nd gear, this is what good teams do. No point spending all your tickets on a humid night up on the Goldy.

Backline is still very much bits and pieces with Hunt in abysmal form, Riv returning from injury and Smith/Thommo/Brayshaw back there. We soaked up I50s well for the most part.

Dogga and Bowey literally kept us in it in the first half. Trac ominous but needs to kick those goals. Kozzie working back into some form - that goal was unreal. Nibbler playing up through the middle is another string to his bow, very composed.

At no point did I really feel worried. Was an entertaining Saturday night in watching our younger players stand up
In some ways it reminded me of round 2 2021. A lot of mess out there, but a good indicator for what needs to be improved.

Witts is a very underrated ruck, and he’s always troubled Max through having a few extra kilos and huge strength

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In some ways it reminded me of round 2 2021. A lot of mess out there, but a good indicator for what needs to be improved.

Witts is a very underrated ruck, and he’s always troubled Max through having a few extra kilos and huge strength
Yeah I was going to say Max has always struggled against Witts.

Can someone explain why the crowd was so embarrassingly small? 8000+ 3 cats 2 dogs and a sick budgy.
Why didnt the suns fans turn up? They beat the eagles in R1 FFS.
AFL has to relocate them to Tassie. TAS gov must foot the bill. Not us. Get it done!

Can someone explain why the crowd was so embarrassingly small? 8000+ 3 cats 2 dogs and a sick budgy.
AFL has to relocate them to Tassie. TAS gov must foot the bill. Not us. Get it done!

Tassie won’t cop a relocated team and nor should they. And they won’t have to thankfully.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It was disappointing. Their team was coming off a win. They have been given their choice of highly rated kids. They are playing the reigning premier. And nobody shows. I’ve never bothered ranting about the expansion teams before, but I’m getting very close to saying that the initiative just won’t work

Bank the points and GTFO! No injuries, and head back home and prepare for the Bombers. Will be a challenge. They are desperate for a win..

Good

• Dogga and Bowey. Future is bright!
  • Trac! Absolute beast mode. He's nearly unstoppable atm
  • Have played fairly ordinary football in first two rounds for 2 wins. Will only improve from here on in you'd think.
  • Smith. Credit where it's due. Been solid first two rounds.

Bad

• Hunt. No more needs to be said.
  • Spargo. Thought he had an off night. Actually our small forwards haven't got going this season yet.
  • Fritta/TMac. Have barely gone near it first two rounds. Needs to get more involved. Especially TMac. Roo and Mitch Brown are possible replacements.

Ugly

- Qld football this time of year. Conditions make it horrible viewing. The Lions/Port game was the same the week earlier too.

Watching Jackson in the flesh is amazing, it’s like he has flubber shoes, he doesn’t run, he bounces down the field. Kozzie is equally amazing, it would just be nice if his degree of difficulty 10 moves coincided more often with where the ball is. Hope Hunt does not read Big Footy, strikes me as a sensitive soul who runs on confidence.

Actually, what got me is that I checked on TicketTek and they only had a few seats free (in the pockets and behind the goals) on the Tuesday, so I decided not to go. But watching the game from home I could see so many free seats. Really confused and slightly annoyed.

Yea it’s like Frosty but even dumber. I’ll admit I enjoyed that genre of play more when we were in 17th.
I think it's an unwritten rule that we have to have a defender like this on our list at all times.

Hunt now, Frost before him, before that it was backline-TMac, Daniel Bell and the king of all heart-in-the-mouth Demons, Alastair Nicholson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back