Review Dees v the Tigers: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

good call, add that to the rules to also, knee droppers get zero protection, in fact if you hit them high when dropping their knees you win a holding the ball.
Should be fair game to Michael Long them if they start up and duck back down

This would be me if i played footy. No composure at all, if i happened to find the ball the nearest player to me would receive it whether they liked it or not regardless of whether they were on my team.
I’m pretty certain this would be me too. That’s if I can get a clean handball away at all.

I have played one half of a game of Australian Football once. It was reduced numbers because we couldn’t find enough idiots keen, so I ended up playing most of the forward roles simultaneously. This was entirely strategic because with the composition of our team it seemed unlikely the ball would get down our end at all. It did though. I got one behind, one out-on-the-full and one blood nose from kicking on my left into my face. I was well pleased.

speaking of how s**t the game has become, dropping the ball isn't a thing anymore, most annoying s**t ever is when some campaigner just drops the ball and the ump then calls the tackler for holding the man for carrying out the tackle.

Nothing annoys me more.

speaking of how s**t the game has become, dropping the ball isn't a thing anymore, most annoying s**t ever is when some campaigner just drops the ball and the ump then calls the tackler for holding the man for carrying out the tackle.

Nothing annoys me more.
Or when some campaigners got an arm pinned buried in the ground and the umpire says no attempt made like the campaigners supposed to throw the ball out

Melbourne to go thru the season undefeated, Damo is on board

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF by The Taboo Group

Nothing annoys me more.
This annoys me. The umpires must well know that so many players will drop the ball as if electrocuted at the slightest sign of contact. So why reward them for it?

I’m pretty certain this would be me too. That’s if I can get a clean handball away at all.

I have played one half of a game of Australian Football once. It was reduced numbers because we couldn’t find enough idiots keen, so I ended up playing most of the forward roles simultaneously. This was entirely strategic because with the composition of our team it seemed unlikely the ball would get down our end at all. It did though. I got one behind, one out-on-the-full and one blood nose from kicking on my left into my face. I was well pleased.
Yep my footy career was one handball and one throw.
the handball was charity. didn’t care to disguise it, second time the umpire called it.

played kick to kick once in the years following. bit drunk after a match, dees won. went for a pack mark and broke my wrist. real issue though was i knocked a toddler over on the way up. i asked if they were alright and they said “yes” then burst immediately into tears.

Glad to say I retired at the peak of my powers. None of that “year too long” s**t for me.

Nothing annoys me more.
Absolutely infuriating. I used to lose my s**t about this when I played.. you rag doll some campaigner, he drops it stone cold, umpire calls holding the man.

F***

Yep my footy career was one handball and one throw.
the handball was charity. didn’t care to disguise it, second time the umpire called it.

played kick to kick once in the years following. bit drunk after a match, dees won. went for a pack mark and broke my wrist. real issue though was i knocked a toddler over on the way up. i asked if they were alright and they said “yes” then burst immediately into tears.

Glad to say I retired at the peak of my powers. None of that “year too long” s**t for me.
nah mate * that toddler their fault for being a weak midget

Melbourne to go thru the season undefeated, Damo is on board

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF by The Taboo Group

we will lose. Respect the AFL comp. we only scraped over the line against some poor teams already. We haven't played a top 8 team yet and our forward line is just going ok.

Defence is elite, mids are good despite losing clearance. forwards could be better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to be honest and say our game style is very difficult to watch other than the one 10 minute patch per game we go berserk.

As a neutral I really wouldn’t enjoy it.

only thing I really hate is the kick to the pockets when going inside 50 no matter what, even to a 1 on 3 like a few times last night, I guess when you have as many bad field kicks as we do its makes sense to play it safe rather than giving up a rebound in dangerous space, still, its bloody awful to watch us play for a boundary throw in/repeat stoppage rather than trying to get a goal when going inside 50.

9.22 is definitely a scoreline...
Other way around and we would have scored 141.

I don’t know why I posted this. Except its not bad to sit through an entire game thinking we look off it, but still win relatively convincingly

Nothing annoys me more.

This really is the dumbest of all the dumb s**t that gets called.

I understand the logic of it because our game is built around not conceding the easy rebound 50.
But it’s not good footy to watch and it gives our forwards * all chance of showing their best.

At the end of the day I’ll take us winning over playing pretty football any day. Doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a good spectacle though.
only thing I really hate is the kick to the pockets when going inside 50 no matter what, even to a 1 on 3 like a few times last night, I guess when you have as many bad field kicks as we do its makes sense to play it safe rather than giving up a rebound in dangerous space, still, its bloody awful to watch us play for a boundary throw in/repeat stoppage rather than trying to get a goal when going inside 50.

Nothing annoys me more.
There's a patch in the 86 grand final where htb is red hot. Also its good watching, not sure about the half time entertainment. I couldn't be bothered finding it but I saw a lot of free kicks including htb not paid, it's good to watch when the umpire (only one in those day) let little things go where now every soft little thing paid a free kick even if it has zero impact on the play. Ie a play has a fist full of jumper for 1 second, holding or good tackles being paid in the back because in the last moment a play touches the back. Anyway enough ranting on the 86 grand final good commentary as well. My favourite was when Lou richards says Bradley has had a bad day and his crow eater mate too.

Other way around and we would have scored 141.

I don’t know why I posted this. Except its not bad to sit through an entire game thinking we look off it, but still win relatively convincingly
Competition is lucky we have one of the worst forward lines in the league :tearsofjoy:

ANB went at 22% by foot and had 8 clangers, wow, might be the worst game ive ever seen. :tearsofjoy:

Sparrow terrible also, just not ANB bad, 47% by foot, 7 clangers.

Can never criticise ANBs workrate but my god his kicking was horrific. Obviously you’ve presented the stats but it was almost worse than those stats, wasn’t getting hack kicks under pressure out of stoppages like Oliver and Petracca do sometimes.

Nothing annoys me more.

Against GWS Harmes tackles Ward who raises his arms, takes the tackle on then drops it. *ing eleni pays holding the man was the most infuriating decision that night.

Can never criticise ANBs workrate but my god his kicking was horrific. Obviously you’ve presented the stats but it was almost worse than those stats, wasn’t getting hack kicks under pressure out of stoppages like Oliver and Petracca do sometimes.

Him trying to dodge tackles constantly is starting to s**t me to tears, not sure where its come from but I really wish he'd * it off.

ESPECIALLY, the ones where he tries Neo'ing everyone by stopping on a dime in traffic and have everyone run past him so he can get on his right foot while we are are on the rebound with numbers running loose everywhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back