Review Dees v the Tigers: the Good, the Bad & the Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fugly: Apparently a brigade of our players was seen out drinking tonight. Culture.

Really? Well they can honestly piss off. Seriously. I'm sick of this high-larking. If you're a top of the table team celebrating a win, whatever. We put our hard-earned into this club for them to just go out on the piss after a match like that.

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Jurrah is probably the only player on our list that opposition teams have no answer for when he’s up and about!

Where is Jurrah with his injury at the moment? The AFL website has him out for a further 3 weeks, but we've all been around long enough to take what they say with a sack of salt.

I'm also guessing that he'll need to be eased back through the magoos to get him back to full match fitness.

Great player when up and about, hope he's back in the side soon:thumbsu:

Where is Jurrah with his injury at the moment? The AFL website has him out for a further 3 weeks, but we've all been around long enough to take what they say with a sack of salt.

I'm also guessing that he'll need to be eased back through the magoos to get him back to full match fitness.

Great player when up and about, hope he's back in the side soon:thumbsu:
Honestly doubting we'll see him again. They were saying 6 to 8 at the start of the season as he hadn't had a preseason. Couple that with the court case starting in late May...

Honestly doubting we'll see him again. They were saying 6 to 8 at the start of the season as he hadn't had a preseason. Couple that with the court case starting in late May...

Assuming he's innocent he'll definitely play again this year.

I usually watch a few opposition games, was going to watch this one thinking it would be fairly even until the fiancee dragged me out to a function, ugh.

Anyway, Magner has been a revelation for you guys but he was off today, as were many. Did he get a hard tag? I wouldnt be surprised, its only a matter of time before someone of his ability starts getting tagged. The bloke can play.

Cheers (though will be rapt if you're proved wrong).

Assuming he's innocent he'll definitely play again this year.

Hope so. I had assumed that, like many inter-clan disputes, alternative solutions would be arrived at via traditional mediations.

Good

Richmond (third quarter especially)
Trenners, Howe, Jones.

Ugly

* Players dropping their heads, putting hands on hips and giving up when the opposition get a few goals in front.
* Clark - not having any awareness after taking a mark, then deciding to play on and get run down.
*Grimes - kick across goal in the first only for it to be intercepted and goal.
* Bate - dropping a sitter on the HFF, when the forward line was open and he could have been away, only to have it go OOB.
* Jamar - why the **** does he always handpass to a flat footed player or someone under the pump after taking a mark or receiving a free kick.
* The "dumb" footballers we have on our list
* When players receive the ball and wonder what the hell to do with it or just jog when they have it. Should be on the burst as soon as they receive it.
* Daniel Jackson from the Tigers. (Makes Mortons kicking look elite.)

You got that right!

I just watched Mark Neelds press conference....soooo apparently there is nothing wrong inside the club and the problems lie with the sponsors and supporter's??
Ok might be stretching that a little, but if I was a Melbourne supporter I would be massively p*ssed off with his comments

You got that right!

I just watched Mark Neelds press conference....soooo apparently there is nothing wrong inside the club and the problems lie with the sponsors and supporter's??
Ok might be stretching that a little, but if I was a Melbourne supporter I would be massively p*ssed off with his comments
What would it prove if he came out seething in every presser he did?

We know Neeld well enough already to know he'll be doing all that stuff behind closed doors.

He said nothing of the sort. His concern was the standard of football that was being served up to the supporters and sponsors atm.

Pretty good press conference all things considered.

Fair enough.....good on you for not reading too much into his comments, but he did actually say "the Morale inside the club is fine, it's the supporters you need to worry about, give them a leg up would ya?" to me that's a little patronising after a pretty decent loss, but......that's not for me to worry about!
I guess for me I prefer to see a little bit of anger (not over the top, just a little) to see that the loss hurts them. The whole 'we're a young side' thing gets old after a while!

Morton had 81% disposal efficiency. I hate him too, but I'll give him a chance.

I cannot make that compute. Were you at the game? He literally put the pill down thR throat of Richmond players 3 or 4 times during the 3rd and 4th qrtr and every time it was in a situation where it looked like were a good chance of scoring.

There's not much he can say. Neeld was honest in the press conference two weeks ago and got slaughtered by the media. 'You can't say that' yada yada yada. Now he goes the other way, pandering to the bullshit line, even though we've been belted by huge margins, and noone bats an eyelid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lot of good drop-ins here from the Tigers supporters (Barnzy excepted). And obviously you guys also know exactly what it's like to experience periods on the field as wildly frustrating as this. Much appreciated :thumbsu:

As far as the match goes... not much to say that either me or someone else hasn't already said. I just hope next week's game doesn't deliver the same pain.

Bit bizarre that site. Has Dusty as one of our best and apart from 2 plays he was pretty quiet.

They were 2 seriously good plays! But yeah he wasn't influential apart from that.

They often have some bizarre names in the bests.

I cannot make that compute. Were you at the game? He literally put the pill down thR throat of Richmond players 3 or 4 times during the 3rd and 4th qrtr and every time it was in a situation where it looked like were a good chance of scoring.

I agree with this, but he was doing the same at Casey, yet gets promoted, WHY... There was a very good point made earlier in regards to playing on the wrong wing, having played in that position I can tell you that it does makes a substantial difference to disposal & time taken to dispose of the ball. Maybe a fundamental error by the mid field coach (who I think is only still with us due to a year still to run on his contract).

It was the 1st time in a long time that I was really pissed off with our team, the skill level (or lack of) is something I can't get my head around. I can't believe guys make it to this level & can't hit a target from 20 metres or handball to someone flat footed with someone breathing down their necks. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, as I have witnessed it at training even with no one putting pressure on them (other than a red pad).

This I believe is the main reason why the Tiger players were on their own so much, as our players were working in to the positions they need to be when we are moving it forward (according to our game plan), but get caught out big time with Bloody Ridiculous turn overs by panic stricken poorly skilled MFC players.

The Richmond supporters were amazingly quiet (bar singing their theme song at the end), I was surrounded by Tigers & was itching to get in an argument but full credit to them for the way they conducted themselves during the game.

Anyway, today is another day & I will be going to watch a team (Casey) that is full of goers (and a couple of MFC Players) and just maybe I will walk away with a little bit of hope again for the future...

I was at the game and I actually commented at the time how at least Morton was able to hit targets unlike some other players. Still frustrating to watch but I would still give him another shot...although I would much rather Petterd in.

I commented on twitter at half time that Morton had looked decent... had found a bit of space and hit up some targets quite well.
Of course, that put the mozz on him and he proceeded to Morton it up for the second half.
Problem is he needs time and space to look anywhere near being a good player. 1 - it's AFL, you don't get time and space unless you're Pendlebury or Ablett in which case you can create it wherever you want. 2 - our game plan doesn't allow time and space for our players. The opposition, well that's a different story.

Anyway, a couple of terrible efforts later on... he has to go.

Melbourne's bests were: Howe, Jones, McKenzie

Melbourne's bests should have been: Howe......and that's it.

Good
Jeremy Howe - played a blinder!

Bad
The 21 other players - pissweak!

Fugly
Jack Grimes knocking himself out on the boundary.

I don't quite think so. We have poor depth, no doubt. But our top couple is probably Cotchin/Deledio or Cotchin/Riewoldt. But it was the likes of Grigg, Tuck and Conca that got us over the line today. Not a Cotchin/Deledio show.

Unless you are saying that we are a middle of the road VFL side, but you guys are just as bad? (Not a condescending/kicking while down question)

^ that's bullshit , untill Cotchin , Martin and Deledio started having an influence the Dee's were on top .
Melbourne were winning clearances , their talls where dominate in the air and despite some racking up high possession the effect of their possessions was stuff all .
Put Jurrah and Sylvia in that side and the game would have been over at half time .
Wrapped that we won , but liked the effect to implement the new game plan and a little jealous of your contested marking talent .:thumbsu:

Sat on the members wing, level one

Morton had 81% disposal efficiency. I hate him too, but I'll give him a chance.

His disposal efficiency means nothing.

The biggest thing you should realise is that of his 17 possessions, he had 1 contested possession. 1 contested possession. He is so soft it's not funny. He's gotta go at years end.

The ugly: the fact that I felt so vindicated deciding to go watch local football instead of going to the G' on a beautiful Saturday afternoon.

I was livid with our poor performances last year, particularly on the back of an improved 2010. My expectations are extremely low this year, and the club is meeting those expectations and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back