Review Dees v the Western Fail Dogs - the Good, Bad and the Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

My main concern, minor but still a concern is those lapses in games where teams get on top in the midfield and get run ons of goals. Eight goals in a row is a belting and we can't rely on our defence to keep saving the day.

Exactly, Richmond had the exact same style as and could always come back, but in the prelim it took em too long to wake up and it was over at half time.

It's great that we are coming back from anywhere but we've also been 3 goals + down in the 3rd in 3 of our last 5. Ya just hope it bites us in round 23 and not the finals

I don't think this was a characteristic of the Richmond team in 2018 at all. Richmond would usually cruise for 3/4 and crush teams in the last.

My main concern, minor but still a concern is those lapses in games where teams get on top in the midfield and get run ons of goals. Eight goals in a row is a belting and we can't rely on our defence to keep saving the day.

I don't think this was a characteristic of the Richmond team in 2018 at all. Richmond would usually cruise for 3/4 and crush teams in the last.

Lol they were behind at half time in 3 of their first 6 games of that season and won them all. I could keep going but I don't need to

How good was watching May and Naughton go at it all night?

Pretty even battle with Naughton kicking a few from free kicks/open play that May couldn't stop. Plus a few great marks when he got a clear run and jump at it.

A classic FF/FB battle. Ya love to see it.
All things considered May played well. Naughton is a beast when hes on.

How good was watching May and Naughton go at it all night?

Pretty even battle with Naughton kicking a few from free kicks/open play that May couldn't stop. Plus a few great marks when he got a clear run and jump at it.

A classic FF/FB battle. Ya love to see it.

Was brilliant. Thought May played well even if Naughton kicked 4 (Who was also very good).

May made some good defensive efforts but was beaten comprehensively.

Would be like saying whoever the Dogs player who played on Brown played well, he got flogged.

Yep, nothing you can do really when he gets to run and jump at it. One of the most fearless aerialists in the game.

May and Naughton both had claims to be in their team's best handful players. They've had some awesome battles the last few years and is one of the best matchups in the game to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good .... Getting a win first up against a supposed Flag contender .
....Dragging 57,000 out on a Wed Nite .
....The Gaff tape Backline weren't embarrassed.
.... We can play better .
Bad . ... ( More like nit picking) Glad we saved the dead eye dick goalkicking for the GF .
... If Gil wants to stop the abuse of umpires , maybe simplify the rules instead of making them a nightmare for the Umps . And someone please
ask him as seeing most abuse in other leagues come from over the fence , how is this crackdown going to help recruit more umpires.
Ugly .... The Bevo interview , totally unprofessional but slightly hilarious.

Still love May, just not his best game one on one.
Got beaten on the lead a couple times but they also funneled 90% of their ball through Naughton. Naughton took 2 marks inside 50 for the game.

May was throwing himself all over the place smothering and making spoils. Considering the spuds around him I thought he played well.

Considering the spuds around him I thought he played well.

The spuds played very well, hard to use that as an excuse off the back of games as good as that by Smith and Hunt.

Still love May, just not his best game one on one.
I dunno man, at the game I remember him winning plenty of 1v1s with Naughton and a lot of amazing defensive efforts/smothers/spoils.

He also left Naughton to float up the ground and take quite a few marks (almost unapposed at times) so he could stay back as the anchor in D50.

Naughton was their only target for the night with their other forwards blocking for him all night and Cordy/Shache decoying.

Pretty even battle

I dunno man, at the game I remember him winning plenty of 1v1s with Naughton and a lot of amazing defensive efforts/smothers/spoils.

He also left Naughton to float up the ground and take quite a few marks (almost unapposed at times) so he could stay back as the anchor in D50.

Naughton was their only target for the night with their other forwards blocking for him all night and Cordy/Shache decoying.

Pretty even battle

Maybe its just cause hes flogged Naughton the previous 3 times we've played them I feel this way. Im used to him doing bugger all against us.

Lol they were behind at half time in 3 of their first 6 games of that season and won them all. I could keep going but I don't need to
You're cherry picking, the first 6 they went 5-1, 2 wins they were infront at half time and the other they were behind at half time but only by 4 points on both occasions, hardly comeback territory. The rest of the season 14 wins 13 of them they were infront at half time.

The spuds played very well, hard to use that as an excuse off the back of games as good as that by Smith and Hunt.
Their games werent that good, getting a hell of a wrap for doing a job. Youre acting like they broke intercept mark records and metres gained.

Their games werent that good, getting a hell of a wrap for doing a job. Youre acting like they broke intercept mark records and metres gained.

And youre acting like may was saving their bacon. They held up fine.

You're cherry picking, the first 6 they went 5-1, 2 wins they were infront at half time and the other they were behind at half time but only by 4 points on both occasions, hardly comeback territory. The rest of the season 14 wins 13 of them they were infront at half time.
Its not cherry picking. Richmond were notorious for starting slow and dragging teams back. Thats a fact.

And youre acting like may was saving their bacon.
Nope said May played well on Naughton whos a freak. Got beaten inside 50 twice. s**t happens. He also stopped him a few times aswell.
The other guys had to deal with Hannan and Schache... if they cant hold them they dont deserve to play in the AFL

Nope said May played well on Naughton whos a freak. Got beaten inside 50 twice. sh*t happens. He also stopped him a few times aswell.
The other guys had to deal with Hannan and Schache... if they cant hold them they dont deserve to play in the AFL
Smith would have held Naughton to no goals if we let him play on him 😠

Remove this Banner Ad

Back