Review Dees v the Western Fail Dogs - the Good, Bad and the Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeremy Cameron is Joel's bitch tho, similar to Naughton.
I actually did say before the game Smith would be a good matchup for Naughton. The way he jumps from the side with athleticism is Smiths type of guy. Not gonna kill ya on the lead. Mays your more kick it to where im standing and I aint getting beaten. Although no ones stopping Naughton when he gets that piss weak free for deliberate and then Max runs past his snap thinking he'll use his right.

My main concern, minor but still a concern is those lapses in games where teams get on top in the midfield and get run ons of goals. Eight goals in a row is a belting and we can't rely on our defence to keep saving the day.

I don't think this was a characteristic of the Richmond team in 2018 at all. Richmond would usually cruise for 3/4 and crush teams in the last.

I feel like the magnets were thrown around a bit during that period when Salem went off hurt, sub came on and combined that with a reshuffled backline anyway and we got that result of a run on. We came out a lot more settled after half time and everyone knew where they were playing, who they had responsibility for etc.

Its not cherry picking. Richmond were notorious for starting slow and dragging teams back. Thats a fact.
That might be the case for 2019 and 2020 but for 2018 15 of their 18 wins they were infront at half time. The three games they were behind at half time and won were rounds 1,6 and 23.

Think Tom Mac was alright going back through necessity as well.

Nearly got in May’s way so May took a hanger on him, but otherwise pretty good composure and don’t remember any howler shanks coming out of defence.

Can you imagine if Goody pulled the same act as Bevo last night? Would be articles galore about him being on the beers and 'club in turmoil' crap, embarrassing stuff from a coach of a footy club with serious on field weaknesses, no backline but go out and get Treloar? Nice one Bevo.

Can you imagine if Goody pulled the same act as Bevo last night? Would be articles galore about him being on the beers and 'club in turmoil' crap, embarrassing stuff from a coach of a footy club with serious on field weaknesses, no backline but go out and get Treloar? Nice one Bevo.

There's no double standard. Media are out for blood and Bevo is getting torn to shreds. Caro has already questioned whether he should be coaching lol.

Trust caro to say something ******* stupid.

I think she said it was the most disgraceful thing she's ever seen in her time which seems to get topped at least once a year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May had a good game overall. Naughton got on the end of a few and definitely had May for mobility during ground balls, but he also throws himself around as soon as he feels physical contact so won a fair few frees for that. Ump stopped paying them by the end.

Think Tom Mac was alright going back through necessity as well.

Nearly got in May’s way so May took a hanger on him, but otherwise pretty good composure and don’t remember any howler shanks coming out of defence.
TMac had a great game, I thought. Couple of dodgy kicks but no howlers, and he was actually amazing below his knees when the ball went to ground.

TMac had a great game, I thought. Couple of dodgy kicks but no howlers, and he was actually amazing below his knees when the ball went to ground.
Yup sneaky move Goody got no credit for from anyone. Tmac going back midway through the second was a catalyst for the game turning.

I think she said it was the most disgraceful thing she's ever seen in her time which seems to get topped at least once a year.
Once a week these days. She's a washed up old hag with nothing relevant to talk about anymore. Can you imagine how many different versions of sexism she would have claimed if Bevo did that to her.

I remember seeing one helicopter punt from him out of defense and i was like 'Yep that's defender tommy right there'

Gotta be happy with that win and even more so now that Crazy Bevo has put his own side under a heap of unnecessary pressure.

Outside of Trac and maybe Brown in patches, I don't think any of our players really hit their best form. 5 of our 6 premiership defenders out, free kick count wasn't that influential but still lopsided against us, didn't kick straight and have still won comfortably against a good side.

These long lapses and stretches of goals against us are becoming a bit too common though. We definitely have too many long spells where we get too flippant and casual with handballs under pressure, turn it over repeatedly, and then can't apply pressure of our own. Part of our development is to get Jordon, Sparrow up to a level where they can possess the ball in traffic and make sure we hold it and get it moving forward.

We're fortunate to have Trac and Clarry playing at such a high level where they can step through pressure and move it forwards, but for periods when they're not doing that we're a bit susceptible to good pressure from the opposition resulting in a flood of goals.

On the flipside to not many hitting top form, I wasn't disappointed with anyone's efforts. Bedford had a couple of nice plays which is more than I've seen from him in the past, ANB showed last year's form wasn't an aberration, Kosi and Bowey very quiet but not stressed about them going forward.

Clarry wasn't incredible last night but I thought his kicking was greatly improved and looked more like his late season kicking last year when he briefly turned into peak Travis Johnstone in that Brissy final? Or was it the Geelong R23?

Doesn't do the 50m high long bombs without looking as much any more and keeps his head over the footy, nice and still, and looks for the 30-40m dart which he hit quite a few times to a leading target. Much better decision making and he just seems more confident with his kicking overall.

Many of our players can still play/be better which is weird

Remove this Banner Ad

Back