Review Dees v Weagles - the Good, the Bad and the ugly with a cameo appearance from WCE Icon Ben Cousins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing really stings. We’ve done this time and again with nothing learnt. We exist, therefore we are.
I don't recall a loss like this one for the last few years. Feels very different, I thought we were so clearly on top for almost all of the night. Was never worried until I was suddenly.

Just knew he was going to butcher that shot from 25 metres out when he's looking to hand it off to someone. They're not new problems, either. What is Trac doing at training? What are the coaches doing?

And what in the world are his teammates thinking when they see he’s not interested in taking that shot?

Personally I reckon frost has become untenable. I know he has some good attributes and does some sexy things, but he just makes too many horrible blunders. And his blunders are often followed directly by oppo goals.

I know they’re different players, but soon as Lever is fit, Frost out and Lever in.

Personally I reckon frost has become untenable. I know he has some good attributes and does some sexy things, but he just makes too many horrible blunders. And his blunders are often followed directly by oppo goals.

I know they’re different players, but soon as Lever is fit, Frost out and Lever in.

I don't know, Frost is hilarious, and he does some very good things at times. I actually think we should use him as a half back flanker or winger.

I thought he was on Darling tonight. Other than the horror show mistake at the end, kept him fairly quiet? Or am I confused and OMac was on Darling while Frost was on Kennedy.

Good: the team goal almost the length of the field that Hunt ended up finishing off early days. Kept waiting and waiting and waiting for the turnover but it never came. Don't think anyone kicked it except Hunt.
Bad: The Eagles' premiership defence
Fugly: Our Prelim Final defence

Gysberts2Bate mate I don’t hate Petracca at all, I just am super frustrated at how he is playing and also how we’ve developed him.
I think you'll find he's about to turn into a very solid forward. Especially if the midfield continues to play how it did tonight and take chances to move to ball on quickly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Team played well tonight but;
A) s**t the bed in front of goal (9.15 to 13.7)- patracca, garlett biggest offenders, and

B) s**t ourselves when eagles got on top last quarter (run and carry stopped, reverted to long kicks to eagles' intercepters, played into their hands) - what do you put that to? Leadership?

It's the best game we've played all year which is both hilariously depressing and Melbourningly frustrating.

Can you drop a player after a 3 goal performance? Jeff played ok but he was s**t (make sense?)

Tim Smith, this sport may not be for you.

Result aside, we were so much better for most of tonight than we have been all season. Going into our shells in the last quarter by ignoring the corridor cost us.

Good:
Baker is better kick than I expected and, whilst not as quick as advertised, looks a good prospect
TMac is still not at his best, but he's getting hands to every contest and straightening us out
Petty - looked way better than last year
Frost's tackle on Petrucelle
Harmes and Viney were bulls
Hunt's direct leading and massive attack on the ball is a revelation
Garlett back on the score sheet and should have had more. He's still got something to offer.
Gawn absolutely towelled them up
Hore's intercept marking, especially early

Bad:
Wags mate - sorry, but you're gone.

Ugly:
Nathan Vardy. Classless act.

Can you drop a player after a 3 goal performance? Jeff played ok but he was **** (make sense?)
If you can come up with another player from thhe reserves that's going to kick three, then sure. How about another inside mid? We could rest Sparrow forward?

These ‘honourable’ losses just don’t cut it anymore, crap inside 50s and poor goal kicking matched with easy opposition goals.

Improved effort yeah yeah, but we’ll miss finals for yet another season.

Well I had to watch that at my parents house and as my dad is completely opposite to me, he can't watch and I have to I only saw patches. Pretty much watched the last quarter on my phone. Though I'm am disappointed, in seasons like this I've started to not let it bother me as much. Our season was pretty much shot and even if we did recover we would probably just scape into finals and not do any damage. A few years ago this would be shattering to me like 2016, but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter. What waa disappointing was when the game was on the line we went into our shells and bombed it into our forward 50 and McGovern was loving life. I also wonder if the travelling twice and 6 day break was a factor. Anyway this isn't our year too many injuries and such a bad preparation. Keep trying dees.

Good . Best effort of the season so far considering the injuries etc . Still lost but encouraging ( i think season was gone a few games back anyway)
Bad. Set shots are woeful , lost us the game imo . Too many brain farts at critical moments as well didn't help .
Ugly T Smith being driven head first into the deck and a free called against him FFs .

Bring that effort next week and we should be able to drown GWS with sheer weight of behinds.

Lo, we have become the Kardashians...

These ‘honourable’ losses just don’t cut it anymore, crap inside 50s and poor goal kicking matched with easy opposition goals.

Improved effort yeah yeah, but we’ll miss finals for yet another season.
What do you mean 'anymore'? We had a huge year last year and came back looking like locks for the Spoon a month ago. This is what improving looks like.

B) **** ourselves when eagles got on top last quarter (run and carry stopped, reverted to long kicks to eagles' intercepters, played into their hands) - what do you put that to? Leadership?

I’ll take the optimist view that after the trip to GC and quick turnaround to Perth, that they just ran out of gas.

I’ll take the optimist view that after the trip to GC and quick turnaround to Perth, that they just ran out of gas.
Yep. People forgetting that we're missing 7-10 players we had pencilled in as best 22 before the year started. Walking wounded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back