Review Dees v West Horsham Port in the Heart of the Nation: Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Yea, you can go in as *ed up as you want. Nothing to lose. Use all your sick leave as well. :thumbsu:
My sick leave transfers because I’m not leaving Govt, just going to another agency, but I negotiated a week off between jobs anyway because I have no idea how people finish up on a Friday then start a new job on the Monday. I’m even thinking of taking a trip to Qld. I’ve never really warmed to Qld but I wouldn’t mind some better weather about now

Still don’t think we’ve been good enough for long enough to complain whilst being a game clear in the top 2, but damn, we’re a chore to watch at times.

Honestly just glad to get the win, Port have actually been in decent form and were up and about today, we got it done when needed and thankfully got the win.

Good:
  • Kosi, absolutely electric performance, he makes footy so excited to watch.
  • Melks run down of that Port nobody, great effort from a player clearly down on confidence.

Ugly: Rozzee and Butters, seem to go to ground whenever tackled, pissweak players.

Overall happy with the 4 points, Dogs next week is a must win too.

Has someone checked on Danster? Looking a lock for finals now. We'd have to lose all 5 to be a chance of dropping out. Even then we'd probably sneak into 7th or 8th.

Did what we had to. Unimpressive but tricky game against a side pushing for finals. Koz probably saved us from embarrassment but positives signs for Brown, Fritta and Koz. Trac was solid enough as was our defenders.

Have to sort out our clearances. Gawn doesn't look right to me either. Clarry will come back which will help but we're getting smashed on the outside of clearances again. A better midfield would have torched us today. Can't afford that against the Dogs. Desperately need Salem back in form.

Most positive ive been after a game since round 1, we actually went away from bombing it on our talls heads for a fair portion of the game and tried to kick some ******* goals. Far better method today, used the corridor far more often, tried giving our forwards a chance with quicker ball movement, lowered our eyes on occasions going inside 50.

Still some incredibly hard work to do but maybe we aren't a lost cause after all.
darth sidious GIF by Star Wars

Has someone checked on Danster? Looking a lock for finals now. We'd have to lose all 5 to be a chance of dropping out. Even then we'd probably sneak into 7th or 8th.

Did what we had to. Unimpressive but tricky game against a side pushing for finals. Koz probably saved us from embarrassment but positives signs for Brown, Fritta and Koz. Trac was solid enough as was our defenders.

Have to sort out our clearances. Gawn doesn't look right to me either. Clarry will come back which will help but we're getting smashed on the outside of clearances again. A better midfield would have torched us today. Can't afford that against the Dogs. Desperately need Salem back in form.

Max hasn't played well since the Sydney game. Think that injury against the Pies is still hanging around.

Max hasn't played well since the Sydney game. Think that injury against the Pies is still hanging around.
Every game that we get through gets him closer to being Sydney Max. Or that’s what I’m hoping anyway

Every game that we get through gets him closer to being Sydney Max. Or that’s what I’m hoping anyway

The less reliant on him the better we are. I much prefer it when he isn't the target of every kick going inside f50

Wonderful: Kosi

Good: Clear effort to move the ball quicker and hit targets.
- Could’ve easily let that go and was tracking that way so getting the win is a positive.

Bad: Pretty woeful execution of new and improved gameplan. Saved by Kosi kicking 4 you wouldn’t expect to go through.
  • Melk as bad as exoected
  • Jackson and Gawn getting beat by Dixon and Finlayson is embarrassing. Neither of our rucks look well physically.
  • So disappointed in what Sparrow is producing, particularly his disposal

- The balance isn’t right in the Centre square. We seem to only want centre breaks where we can handball multiple times then run out the front. Exposing ourselves too often when that doesn’t work.

Hopefully the GF rematch next week sparks us into good form again and we can kill their season off and go a way to consolidating top 4

The less reliant on him the better we are. I much prefer it when he isn't the target of every kick going inside f50
Well yeah but you are a bit crazy right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonderful: Kosi

Good: Clear effort to move the ball quicker and hit targets.
- Could’ve easily let that go and was tracking that way so getting the win is a positive.

Bad: Pretty woeful execution of new and improved gameplan. Saved by Kosi kicking 4 you wouldn’t expect to go through.
  • Melk as bad as exoected
  • Jackson and Gawn getting beat by Dixon and Finlayson is embarrassing. Neither of our rucks look well physically.
  • So disappointed in what Sparrow is producing, particularly his disposal

- The balance isn’t right in the Centre square. We seem to only want centre breaks where we can handball multiple times then run out the front. Exposing ourselves too often when that doesn’t work.

Hopefully the GF rematch next week sparks us into good form again and we can kill their season off and go a way to consolidating top 4

Bedford too invisible to be noticed to make your bad? :p

Had to go and finish off roast pork for family dinner when we were a billion points up.

Much like when I checked the score, the crackle wasn't quite the best thing I've ever seen, Melbourne you diabolical.

We literally can't give our supporters any joy. I ******* love this club.

Good: I did the ladder predicter and if we
look after our percentage, but lose every game, we should still finish 8th due to richmond and saints losing this weekend. They'd effectively have to win outright, along with the dogs, to dislodge us, and other games go their way.

Kozi was elite. Tomlinson was much improved. Pig is playing fantastic. Brown better, spargo more involved but butchered it.

Bad: it's still mathematically possible that we finish 10th

Ugly: commentators mentioned something about watering the ground before kick off. Had the volume down because listening to Brian Taylor had previously caused me a mild concussion from shaking my head in disbelief at what horseshit comes from his mouth. That said, probably don't water the ground so much next time. Looked like they were playing on a trampoline.

Steven may. God awful today and had been for a month.

Also ugly, our leading goal scorers for the year, fritta and kozi, have 36 and 26. We aren't getting enough goals out of our mids or our other small forwards at this stage. Brown was obviously far more aggressive today but needs to nail those more simple shots. It's probably too late in the season now, but if tommo can play more consistently like today, petty should play second tall. He's got a big motor and we are clearly missing McDonald still.

Overall, we keep showing enough that we are slightly interested in the season. The perfect footy we played in the last 14 quarters of 2021 seem so far away, but at least week not peaking in July. We will still finish top 2 and go from there.

Had to go and finish off roast pork for family dinner when we were a billion points up.

Much like when I checked the score, the crackle wasn't quite the best thing I've ever seen, Melbourne you diabolical.

We literally can't give our supporters any joy. I ******* love this club.

Literally can’t give our supporters any joy?

I remember that one time in late September last year. Went pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Good …. Watching ( on tv ) Kozzie kicking some freaky good goals . Despite the 10 min downing of tools in the last getting the 4 pts important. Still feels like a few are down on confidence and form . Still feels like the Cats are flag favourites right now , interesting to see where the teams finish the home and away season .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back