Review Dees v West Horsham V2 - the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Good:
Barrel
Hunt more generally, highly effective
Lewis, everything was class
ANB, two weeks of skill and poise
JKH, apart from the butt kick was quite good
Another game into Hogan and Gawn to find more touch.

Bad:
Missing easy s**t - Hogan, Jeffy, Pedersen all guilty
Oscar - dirty night for the most part
Frost - just had one of those nights

Ugly
Kent shoulder
Vince - don't go the sniper you muppet
Fumblers anonymous

People getting into Hogan for his game tonight is hilarious. He is underdone and to be honest if had just kicked more accurately wouldn't have been a bad night for him at all for his second week back.
Cane good late I thought.

Was never to worried about losing tonight - but Bernie Vince FMD. Doing stupid s**t when we already missing 75% of our gun mids. You idiot.

JKH impressive in the midfield.

Vince and Lewis s**t me to tears every week with their lack of discipline. Why isn't Goodwin getting into them about this and if he is why aren't they getting the message. Lewis kicking the ball away and giving away a 50, FFS he does crap like that every week. And Vince... my god just once try and not snipe someone.

People getting into Hogan for his game tonight is hilarious. He is underdone and to be honest if had just kicked more accurately wouldn't have been a bad night for him at all for his second week back.
Hogan is quickly turning into the new Watts

T
Good:
Barrel
Hunt more generally, highly effective
Lewis, everything was class
ANB, two weeks of skill and poise
JKH, apart from the butt kick was quite good
Another game into Hogan and Gawn to find more touch.

Bad:
Missing easy s**t - Hogan, Jeffy, Pedersen all guilty
Oscar - dirty night for the most part
Frost - just had one of those nights

Ugly
Kent shoulder
Vince - don't go the sniper you muppet
Fumblers anonymous

That was quick. Did you write it up while you were watching?

Nothing to add to that except that it could have been much worse than it was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bernie should not be suspended for those incidents, But the Betts one was dumb
Betts was dumb, but the second one both we're going for the footy?

Lost 4%
Showed how we play against good teams.
Will be lucky to make finals.
Have players to come back but were a mess without them.
Hogan, poor.
Goodwin, didn't seem to change much.
JKH, 28, really?
ANB, Good and tried.
Melk, the only forward.
Hunt, injured and solo.

For everything else there's MasterCard.

Good:
Hunts barrel
Melks first half
Petracca in patches
ANB
Lewis

Bad:
Kents shoulder
JKH had plenty but wasnt at all damaging
Oscar
Our goalkicking withing 30m of goal
Gawn looks off
Hogan looks off
Vince has earnt himself a week or two

Ugly:
Just rolling over in that last quarter
The commentators (richo) believing Walker was deserving of a 5th goal even though he had missed plenty.
Run out of single malt

More or less what I was expecting, but disappointed with the amount of cheap goals we conceded in the first and last. Not sure how it is that the Crows forward line was always so open, with so many uncontested marks inside 50, whereas we were always kicking to a 3 vs 1 at the top of the goal square. I was expecting to lose badly in the midfield given our outs, but we actually matched them there reasonably well considering. I was prepared for the loss, but we shouldn't have lost by that much. Only ourselves to blame in the end. Really sloppy delivery to our forwards.

The good:

- Hibberd worked hard as usual, but his disposal was a bit off tonight.
- Oliver and Petracca in the middle.
- Gawn and Hogan slowly working their way back to some sort of form after long layoffs, but still some way off the pace at the moment.
- ANB has filled in pretty well over the last few weeks. Very important depth - the kind of player that all good teams should have on the fringes of the first team. On current form, though, he's walk-up 22.
- Nev Jetta, obviously.
- Jordan Lewis played his best game for a while.
- Melksham's first half.

The bad:

- Melksham's second half.
- JKH's composure. Won't fault his effort, and that probably stands as one of his better games for the club, but he just picks the wrong option every time. There might yet be something there to work with, but he's running out of tickets.
- Frost had a poor night for the most part. Sloppy with the ball, and badly beaten in the air without the ball.
- Bernie's two reports. Will give him credit for the job he did on Sloane - and I'm not sure if he was entirely to blame for the second one - but the first one was just dumb. Without our current injury problems we need him out there, and it's just dumb of him to get suspended again.
- Pedersen had his worst game of the year, which is bad timing for him considering someone need to make way for Watts soon.
- Hannan, Tmac and Garlett were just off tonight, which meant we were always going to struggle to kick a winning score. Didn't do anything ridiculously wrong, but we need them to be better than that.

The ugly:

- Selling home games to Darwin. It's always a s**t quality of game up there, it takes it our of the players, and we lose our home ground advantage. I hope we can get our finances to a level where we don't need to sell the chance of 1-2 wins every year just to keep the books in black.

Ugly- I said it the game day thread and I'll say it again letting Hogan Smith and Gawn find their feet at senior level is costing us goals every week. Hogan started improving in the last but was a burden for 7 quarters. 7 quarters he could have found his feet in the VFL. Smith looks rusty as * taking zero marks down back and fumbling and Gawn looks like he is running around with lead weights tied to his legs.

Of course they'll improve but they shouldn't have to cost us games to do it.

Lost 4%
Showed how we play against good teams.
Will be lucky to make finals.
Have players to come back but were a mess without them.
Hogan, poor.
Goodwin, didn't seem to change much.
JKH, 28, really?
ANB, Good and tried.
Melk, the only forward.
Hunt, injured and solo.

For everything else there's MasterCard.
Dreadful post. This isn't at all reflective of our side.

Also Oscar Mcdonald regressed back to last season. Has benefitted playing the 3 worst forward lines in the comp in Collingwood Dogs and Blues but was ******* terrible. Trailing 20m behind his opponent all night and Walker and Jenkins pushing off him with disdain to take uncontested marks.

Ugly- I said it the game day thread and I'll say it again letting Hogan Smith and Gawn find their feet at senior level is costing us goals every week. Hogan started improving in the last but was a burden for 7 quarters. 7 quarters he could have found his feet in the VFL. Smith looks rusty as **** taking zero marks down back and fumbling and Gawn looks like he is running around with lead weights tied to his legs.

Of course they'll improve but they shouldn't have to cost us games to do it.
I actually agree with you, but who do we have? Pedo was s**t tonight, he can't cover all of Gawn forever and Spencil returned the same time Gawn did. We need another Tall forward but Hullett and Weed can't take it yet. And Joel Smith is filling in for Jones of half back, we did bring in White but he wasn't near it.

We don't have otiions

Also Oscar Mcdonald regressed back to last season. Has benefitted playing the 3 worst forward lines in the comp in Collingwood Dogs and Blues but was ******* terrible. Trailing 20m behind his opponent all night and Walker and Jenkins pushing off him with disdain to take uncontested marks.
Spot on, everyone saying we dont need lever obviously hasnt seen our backline against a good outfit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back