Traded Dion Prestia [traded to Richmond with pick 24 for pick 6 and 2017 second rounder]

Remove this Banner Ad

He's not a dud. He's a valuable contributor. He's just a limited player, and his kicking let's him down. Caddy is also limited, but they paid less for him. Both have improved their midfield, but it means they'll have to nail this years draft.

Gold Coast thank Richmond for bending right over in this robbery disguised as a trade.

Prestia just doesn't look any more than a B Grader, Caddy is definitely B Grade.

Admittedly I haven't seen a whole lot of Richmond this year, but would still take him back in a heart beat (for like a 2nd rounder, obviously not pick 6). Hopefully he gets over this knee thing and hits his straps again soon.

Love me some Meatball.

You have to consider the players available at Richmond's pick too though - Scrimshaw, Logue, Brodie and Marshall are the only ones liekly to have been scouted by Richmond heavily and none have made any impact a AFL level yet and thus have shown no signs of stardom. Richmond are still winning even if they overpaid a little.

You have to consider the players available at Richmond's pick too though - Scrimshaw, Logue, Brodie and Marshall are the only ones liekly to have been scouted by Richmond heavily and none have made any impact a AFL level yet and thus have shown no signs of stardom. Richmond are still winning even if they overpaid a little.
Give me Brodie any day of the week over Prestia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair point but I thought he was coming across as an inside mid, not mid-size forward. Thought he'd be important in there for the Tigers.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think our lack of a 2nd tall forward has forced him to play that role somewhat, getting the 2nd best defender and really playing out of his weight division.

If he tidied up his kicking he would have 20 goals for the season splitting his time 60% fwd and 40% midfield which isnt too bad.

Once we get another tall forward he would benefit from being the 3rd tall and playing more midfield.

Was always going to come good later in the year with no pre season. May it continue
Only one game so lets not get too carried away, but that form yesterday, was what we all expected and indicative of his value - obviously why we paid so handsomely - He was very good.

31 disposals, 18 contested possessions, 6 clearances, 6 tackles and a goal. In a final. And we wouldn't have Caddy or Graham without him. Is it a good trade yet?
He's had a bloody good month leading up to the finals too. Good on him and Dimma for persevering.

He's had a bloody good month leading up to the finals too. Good on him and Dimma for persevering.
Yep, he's been excellent the last 5-6 weeks. It's amazing what an impact a bit of fitness has. He still isn't fully right, he plays better after a week off, so fingers crossed he backs up in the prelim.

Was it at 3/4 time where the commentators said Dusty and Danger had been just ok? Five minutes into the last and all of a sudden Dusty was BOG (according to the guy that only watches and commentates on the champions - Bruce) after a couple of very good pieces of play. Prestia's was a four quarter performance and was BOG for mine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back