Review Dogs 104 def Bombers 83

Remove this Banner Ad

Williams game on the weekend shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone whose followed him at VFL level. He just finally managed to produce the same output at AFL level that he does at VFL level. He was absolutely dominant. Not too many weaknesses in his game when he's on.

He's a decent height, he's big bodied and quite strong (played Stringer perfectly when it should have been holding the ball qtr 1) so he rarely gets beaten in one on ones, yet he's still as agile as anyone in the team and has a bit of toe too. Not sure on stats but going off eye compared to other rebounding defenders I'd say he'd have to be rated as an elite contested mark. Such strong hands and reads the ball so well in the air. And to top it off he kicks a beautiful, flat ball and isnt afraid to take on the game.

Obviously can get caught trying to do to much at times, probably needs to keep building his fitness and theres a big gap between his best and worst but when you look at what I see as his 3 big weaknesses theyre all quite normal for a player whose played what, 20 odd games if that. No doubt in my mind he can fix those things up with time, and when he does hes a pretty bloody exciting package for his role. He showed on the weekend why a few people around here are so big on him, and I think bev is too.

Williams game on the weekend shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone whose followed him at VFL level. He just finally managed to produce the same output at AFL level that he does at VFL level. He was absolutely dominant. Not too many weaknesses in his game when he's on.

He's a decent height, he's big bodied and quite strong (played Stringer perfectly when it should have been holding the ball qtr 1) so he rarely gets beaten in one on ones, yet he's still as agile as anyone in the team and has a bit of toe too. Not sure on stats but going off eye compared to other rebounding defenders I'd say he'd have to be rated as an elite contested mark. Such strong hands and reads the ball so well in the air. And to top it off he kicks a beautiful, flat ball and isnt afraid to take on the game.

Obviously can get caught trying to do to much at times, probably needs to keep building his fitness and theres a big gap between his best and worst but when you look at what I see as his 3 big weaknesses theyre all quite normal for a player whose played what, 20 odd games if that. No doubt in my mind he can fix those things up with time, and when he does hes a pretty bloody exciting package for his role. He showed on the weekend why a few people around here are so big on him, and I think bev is too.

Good post . Right on the money.
Get 50 games into him , has all the tools to be elite. Patience is required.

From the Age

“Only one other player faces suspension from the weekend's games, with Bulldog Zaine Cordy offered a week for striking Cale Hooker of the Dons following an off-the-ball incident. Losing Cordy would further deplete the Dogs' threadbare key defensive stocks, with Marcus Adams, Dale Morris, Kieran Collins and Jackson Trengove all injured ahead of a meeting with Lance Franklin and Sydney this weekend.

Christian said Hooker was running back off the ball, and took a step to run around Cordy, when Cordy thrust his right elbow and made contact with Hooker's jaw, leading to a classification of intention conduct with high contact and low impact.”

Trial by video shits me. Was supposed to be for dirty king hits and injury causing charges and haymakers when it came in. But like all stupid video based umpiring technology it’s used to scour through every minute of a match to find gotcha moments. Did Hooker even end up on the ground? Did he even react to it? It’s not just because it’s one of ours. I hate it in all cases. Including cricket and tennis Hawkeye crap that can decide matches by a millimetre.

Who the hell takes Franklin now? #Bont2FB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Love it. "Christian said..." and no other evidence required! #transparency

Guess roughy comes in to play fullback??

Probably Roberts who had a good game last time we played Shitney

Need to lock Fletch in a room with a psychologist and hypnotist and make him watch the Grand Final and convince him that he and Hamling are playing tandem on Buddy next week and wipe his memory of every game he’s played since.

Roughy wouldn’t last 5 minutes on Franklin. 2017-18 Roberts? Maybe 10.

Other option is to reenact Franklin rolling his ankle in the first quarter and McAveney constantly reminding us for the next 90 minutes.

Or
#Bont2FB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fletch will get killed on Buddy but going in with Naughty and Young is asking for trouble. I'd probably let Wood run with Buddy while he's up the ground, probably the only one that can go with him and makes Buddy accountable. Leave Fletch on Reid who I imagine will play closer to goal like on the weekend and let Naughty play Woods role. When Buddy goes deep I'd give the challenge to Naughty, even if he gets killed it'll be one hell of a lesson for him. Cordys as good a match up for Buddy as we had so its ******* frustrating.

I am glad that this board loves Williams, but it is funny that he was one of those players getting smashed for being no good. Long may our resurgence renew expectation in our players!

Fletch will get killed on Buddy but going in with Naughty and Young is asking for trouble. I'd probably let Wood run with Buddy while he's up the ground, probably the only one that can go with him and makes Buddy accountable. Leave Fletch on Reid who I imagine will play closer to goal like on the weekend and let Naughty play Woods role. When Buddy goes deep I'd give the challenge to Naughty, even if he gets killed it'll be one hell of a lesson for him. Cordys as good a match up for Buddy as we had so its ******* frustrating.

Think Reid is out for a few weeks now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am glad that this board loves Williams, but it is funny that he was one of those players getting smashed for being no good. Long may our resurgence renew expectation in our players!
Ha yep only last week I was defending him when (what felt like) the whole board wanted him dropped.

Anyway I just dropped by here for a beer and to revel in our glory :beercheers:

So let’s change the ONLY out and out ruckman we have into a forward while we already have at least 6 other blokes that can play that role??

Hey I know let’s mobe Wood forward too and see how that works shall we? Oh no wait ....

Really?? You think we have 6 blokes who who can play the KPF role on our list do you. Gee I’d struggle to name three that even have the potential to be a competitive tall forward.
All I’m saying is I like the way the young kid moves. He’s shown he can get seperation from his opponent and he marks the ball at the highest point. I’d much rather a gun tall forward than a gun ruckmen.
And really the comment about Wood?? He isn’t the first person to change positions and it hasn’t worked out and he won’t be the last. But I’m pretty sure coaches will continue to try things hoping to improve there footy team.

I like his attitude. Has an unshakeable belief in his own ability. Doesn't go into his shell if he makes a mistake. Just keeps having a go and taking it on. There's a touch of arrogance about it. He knows he's good enough. And so do we:thumbsu:

So Mckenna's defence is Dickson pushed his face into him.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/04/09/details-emerge-in-conor-mckenna-biting-incident/

Doesn't explain why the bite mark is low down on his neck. :D
Any idea where these photos are? Quote:

McClure also says that while photos circulating of the marks on Dickson’s neck taken by the Bulldogs “don’t look particularly good." Similar photos were also taken of Suban’s bite marks with no implication on Masten’s final penalty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back