Review Dogs 104 def Bombers 83

Remove this Banner Ad

Any idea where these photos are? Quote:

McClure also says that while photos circulating of the marks on Dickson’s neck taken by the Bulldogs “don’t look particularly good." Similar photos were also taken of Suban’s bite marks with no implication on Masten’s final penalty.

Channel 7 show a vid of it.

DaU9F7oVAAAgfKm.jpg

So let’s change the ONLY out and out ruckman we have into a forward while we already have at least 6 other blokes that can play that role??

Hey I know let’s mobe Wood forward too and see how that works shall we? Oh no wait ....
Matt, if the coaches adopted this attitude then Matty Boyd would not have become an AA back pocket, Liam Picken would not have become a match winning attacking mid/forward and we more than likely wouldn't have won the flag.

We have no idea how Easton looked in this role over pre season. Perhaps with Adams, Cordy, Morris and Naughton looking to have the defensive end covered they thought it the perfect opportunity to try something different. It didn't work but at least they were bold enough to have a go.

Cordy's hit is on The Verdict on the AFL Website
Its stupid but * thats soft, the contact is so minimal its not funny and he wasnt intentionally going for the head. Cop it and move on though, and hope Cordy comes out and shows the same aggression every week.

Matt, if the coaches adopted this attitude then Matty Boyd would not have become an AA back pocket, Liam Picken would not have become a match winning attacking mid/forward and we more than likely wouldn't have won the flag.

We have no idea how Easton looked in this role over pre season. Perhaps with Adams, Cordy, Morris and Naughton looking to have the defensive end covered they thought it the perfect opportunity to try something different. It didn't work but at least they were bold enough to have a go.

I'm with MD on this one Wally , Wood was never a chance to make a forward while ever my bum points to the ground.
The 2 blokes you put up had far more tools for the roles they ended in.
By the way , I said the same before the first game .

Its stupid but **** thats soft, the contact is so minimal its not funny and he wasnt intentionally going for the head. Cop it and move on though, and hope Cordy comes out and shows the same aggression every week.
The fact that Cordy got a week for that and Sandilands got a fine for clearly picking the head with a blindside bump in the same way is ******* ridiculous.

I'm with MD on this one Wally , Wood was never a chance to make a forward while ever my bum points to the ground.
The 2 blokes you put up had far more tools for the roles they ended in.
By the way , I said the same before the first game .
And Cordy as a premiership CHF?

I too was surprised at Wood being used as a forward because he is such an elite defender. My point remains though. The poster who saw elite traits in English as a KPF may well be right. What if he turned into a modern day Paul Salmon? You dont know unless you try.

Did you or anyone on here think that Liam Jones would be playing some excellent football in 2018 as a full back? I'm ok with the coaching staff shaking things up and looking for a competitive edge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The prospect of facing an inform Franklin is scary considering that the only players we have that can go with him are much too inexperienced. I just don't want Naughton or Young on him because Franklin in flight is soul-destroyingly good.

And Cordy as a premiership CHF?

I too was surprised at Wood being used as a forward because he is such an elite defender. My point remains though. The poster who saw elite traits in English as a KPF may well be right. What if he turned into a modern day Paul Salmon? You dont know unless you try.

Did you or anyone on here think that Liam Jones would be playing some excellent football in 2018 as a full back? I'm ok with the coaching staff shaking things up and looking for a competitive edge.

No I get your point mate.
The way I see Wood and you look at his history , he is one of those athletes over a footballer.
It took him a fair while to learn AfL traits , he needs to play the role he does or he will just get lost.
Cordy is a competitive bugger , asked to crash packs over a couple of weeks and he did a great job.
He could do it again sure , but he will make a career as a defender.

Hey I'm not against trying some blokes elsewhere if that's what's needed , but I'm still convinced the Wood experiment was just dumb , when we sadly lacked a hard experienced body in those first 2 rounds.

That true but to try to change our only ruckman to a KF when we already have Red, Boyd, Rough, Campbell, Schache, Trengrove, Cordy and Young on our list that could be used to try to fill the role is in my opinion a little ridiculous.

If we had an ample supply of ticks tgtcould do that job then fine but we don’t.

Really?? You think we have 6 blokes who who can play the KPF role on our list do you. Gee I’d struggle to name three that even have the potential to be a competitive tall forward.
All I’m saying is I like the way the young kid moves. He’s shown he can get seperation from his opponent and he marks the ball at the highest point. I’d much rather a gun tall forward than a gun ruckmen.
And really the comment about Wood?? He isn’t the first person to change positions and it hasn’t worked out and he won’t be the last. But I’m pretty sure coaches will continue to try things hoping to improve there footy team.

You would much rather a gun forward than a gun ruckman??? Really????

Ummmmm ok u actually do not know what to say to that

Players generally change positions due to reasons like body letting them down or inability to play the previous role. Ie Boyd has to reinvent himself as a half back because he couldn’t play mid anymore.

I’m fairly sure Wood was going on and didn’t need a role change, he seemed to go pretty well there as a premiership captain.

No I get your point mate.
The way I see Wood and you look at his history , he is one of those athletes over a footballer.
It took him a fair while to learn AfL traits , he needs to play the role he does or he will just get lost.
Cordy is a competitive bugger , asked to crash packs over a couple of weeks and he did a great job.
He could do it again sure , but he will make a career as a defender.

Hey I'm not against trying some blokes elsewhere if that's what's needed , but I'm still convinced the Wood experiment was just dumb , when we sadly lacked a hard experienced body in those first 2 rounds.

I’m not against tryin blokes in new possies either but there has to be a reason.

We laugh at Essendon for trying Jake in the midfield but some still try to defend the Wood move. The bias in here sometimes is laughable.

English looks to be an ELITE young ruckman and they are harder to find than a rational thought in this joint. It’s imbecilic in my opinion to tinker with that and try to make him a forward. Part times when he rests yes but he is the tuck we have been looking for for decades.

What is this obsession with trying to make players more than one thing

I’m not against tryin blokes in new possies either but there has to be a reason.

We laugh at Essendon for trying Jake in the midfield but some still try to defend the Wood move. The bias in here sometimes is laughable.

English looks to be an ELITE young ruckman and they are harder to find than a rational thought in this joint. It’s imbecilic in my opinion to tinker with that and try to make him a forward. Part times when he rests yes but he is the tuck we have been looking for for decades.

What is this obsession with trying to make players more than one thing
I don't think it is an obsession, they are just trying to throw things around to see what works and what doesn't. The Wood move has been criticized and rightly so, they got it wrong. Doesn't mean they should stop trying.

If Bevo had come in, looked at Picko and said you've been a back pocket and a tagger, been awesome at both but that's all you'll ever be, we would never have seen the bloke pretty much carry us over the line in the 4th quarter of the GF.

What is imbecilic, imho, is to pigeon hole players into one specific role without ever attempting to see what they are capable of elsewhere.

I don't think it is an obsession, they are just trying to throw things around to see what works and what doesn't. The Wood move has been criticized and rightly so, they got it wrong. Doesn't mean they should stop trying.

If Bevo had come in, looked at Picko and said you've been a back pocket and a tagger, been awesome at both but that's all you'll ever be, we would never have seen the bloke pretty much carry us over the line in the 4th quarter of the GF.

What is imbecilic, imho, is to pigeon hole players into one specific role without ever attempting to see what they are capable of elsewhere.

I’ve already said I don’t mind it if there is a reason but some players should be pigeon holed

I want English to be a ten year ruckman and if I see him being trained as a full time forward I will be f!cking pissed. They are impossible to find and when you do you don’t change them mate.

The fact that Cordy got a week for that and Sandilands got a fine for clearly picking the head with a blindside bump in the same way is ******* ridiculous.

I reckon Sandilands almost gets an allowance for being a ridiculously tall clumsy, lumbering Lurch-like figure with a Titanic turning circle.

I reckon Sandilands almost gets an allowance for being a ridiculously tall clumsy, lumbering Lurch-like figure with a Titanic turning circle.
The "h3h3h3 its just big mummy doing big mummy things" defense.

If you get 3 games off for an act in ice hockey, you probably shouldn't be walking away with a fine in AFL football for the same act.

He chose to bump a defenceless player who didn't have the ball from the blindside and caught him in the jaw. Absolute bullshit that Sandilands gets off for that and Cordy has to sit out for what he did.

Michael Christian can gargle my balls.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back