Dustin Martin is better than Dangerfield

captain blood 17

1980 🏆 2017 🏆 2019 🏆
Dec 9, 2006
#rentfree in Cats and Magpie supporters heads.
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa Traralgon Football Club
Richmond suk. plain and simple.
30 years of the worst effort ever in the history of sporting clubs
Now they corrupt their way to a flag suddenly kings? give me a break. richmond will always be known as crap.
Have you worn out your "the Streak" dvd yet? That one where you took the comp by storm and won......?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

captain blood 17

1980 🏆 2017 🏆 2019 🏆
Dec 9, 2006
#rentfree in Cats and Magpie supporters heads.
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa Traralgon Football Club
Its a bloody tough call...

I would prefer to hang out with Danger than I would Dusty though

Danger is an odd dude but he is clearly self effacing and seems good fun.

Dusty comes across as a grade A dick.

Though I doubt dusty would have a drink with a rando like me anyway, but I reckon Danger would.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Not sure why they should get upset about my little opinion.

I prefer the company of oddballs than dickheads.

As for the topic of the thread, I honestly can't choose. Danger seems the better player week by week but you cant argue that Dusty doesn't do it when it counts. Both are explosive as all fu**, good to watch.
tenor.gif

Partridge

Hall of Famer
Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong
Think Geelong held a mini-Olympics one year, well into the pre-season, and Ablett snr turned up with zero preparation and killed every event (except the 1500 because he said it was too far to run!).
Think it was the 1985 Pre-season. Greg Williams told the story on Open Mike.

To be fair to Ablett, he actually said that he'd been working the farm with his Dad all summer, so it wasn't like he was doing nothing. May not have been doing footy training type drills, but I'm sure he kept himself in shape.

I think in order it was 100 metre sprint, 200 metre sprint, he skipped the next one, then kicked a left foot drop punt 10 metres further than anyone else, then threw a medicine ball 5 metres past everyone else.

I'm not joking when I say if you combined Ablett junior, Martin, and Dangerfield I'm still not sure if that would equal Ablett senior. To say he was complete it putting it mildly. There are very few players I've seen that could do absolutely everything (and to a high degree). But he could.

queensberryrules

Team Captain
Aug 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Of the current crop of star mids, Danger is the least skilled with the lowest IQ. He is overrated, but gets attention due to his explosiveness and marking. His delivery is poor as are his decisions on field. It is a shame that he moved to Geelong when the club is reverting to the norm of the pre 2007 44 year drought. Timing is everything.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Leeda

Talons B Sharp
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Transporting myself into their world of hyperbole I would say that Dusty is 'cooler' than most.
but Danger is using his highly developed sense of language and media savvy that he will cross most boundaries.

juss

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Martin missed out on the NAB rising star due to suspension and was drawing Leigh Matthews comparisons in his 2nd season (while polling 12 brownlow votes). Suggestions that he was a late bloomer is fake news.
Kicked 33 goals in his second season whilst averaging just over 22 disposals. Been a gun since day 1, so yeh this idea he wasn't good early is rubbish. He's been better than most since the start of his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

catscollector

All Australian
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm not joking when I say if you combined Ablett junior, Martin, and Dangerfield I'm still not sure if that would equal Ablett senior. To say he was complete it putting it mildly. There are very few players I've seen that could do absolutely everything (and to a high degree). But he could.
Carey could do anything.
He and Snr are the only two I have ever seen who had the complete package. Beautiful users on either side of the body. Great leapers. 65-70 metre drop punt kicks. Ridiculous mobility (particularly Carey for someone 194cm tall).
Tough and Courageous.
Both loved to get the ball when a game was hanging in the balance.

I know Richmond fans will hate this but seriously, if you compare Dustin Martin prime years to either of those two, it's like comparing Cotchin to Fyfe and even then, that's being respectful to Martin.

mc snooza

All Australian
Dec 29, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Manangatang Thirds. NewYork Knicks.
Not according to Leigh Matthews..
Martin is famous for his Septembers (rather quiet during the season). But even in September he's no Chapman, SJ. or Jimmy Bartel. Those guys dominated finals more in one game than Martins finals combined (and the season). Martin hides behind defenders and sneaks a goal or doesn't argue. He's a star but his current fame is getting ridiculous
On Redmi Note 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

dustysnecktattoo

All Australian
May 15, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Martin is famous for his Septembers (rather quiet during the season). But even in September he's no Chapman, SJ. or Jimmy Bartel. Those guys dominated finals more in one game than Martins finals combined (and the season). Martin hides behind defenders and sneaks a goal or doesn't argue. He's a star but his current fame is getting ridiculous
I watched billy Madison last night, can you guess the scene that best describes the reply you deserve?

Top Bottom